Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Imagine letting a Schottenheimer run your offense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

kiimo posted:

Imagine letting a Schottenheimer run your offense

It's fuckin terrible OP

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

What do yall make of the allegation that Seahawk players were intentionally trying to injure cowboys on Saturday, including twisting Zeke, and cooper and Beasleys ankles, not to mention the awful awful break for hurns?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

He's probably saying that because Schottenheimer is running exactly the offense that Pete wants him to run.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
I don't know about the Hurns injury (because I never want to see that again), but this poo poo was blatant

https://twitter.com/whatgoingdowney/status/1081738145031319554?s=21

Frank Clark is a noted massive rear end in a top hat

E: watched all-22 footage of the Hurns injury, looks like the the defender horsecollared Hurns, bringing his body's momentum into the leg.

Tom Sellout fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 8, 2019

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

The Bananana posted:

What do yall make of the allegation that Seahawk players were intentionally trying to injure cowboys on Saturday, including twisting Zeke, and cooper and Beasleys ankles, not to mention the awful awful break for hurns?

Hurns ankle popped from someone landing on it, like how most ankle and lower leg injuries happen. He was being tackled around the waist. I've been noticing a lot of tackles across the league this year that look really awkward and potentially damaging to ankles. I think it's the transition to more wrap tackling (which the Seahawks have been doing for a while). When you wrap and twist to take someone down, but they're slipping through your arms when you do it, there's a lot of leg twisting happening, and the potential to fall on those legs. It seems to be more common on tackles where the defender is trying to wrap up a ball carrier from behind, rather than head on or side on tackles. I've been surprised that there haven't been more ankle twists and sprains this year.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

That’s the OLD Schotty, New Schotty is much different! Just let me queue up 17 individual gifs per game of a run on 1st and 10 for 1.5 yards each.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
first it was all crying about their sponge brains, now they're getting sad about their ankles. MIGHT AS WELL PUT EM IN SKIRTS.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

can i just watch football like this from now on? it's very soothing. i could play some electronica in the background

lmao

Fly with me posted:

He has a career as the sound guy for Law and Order.

:drat:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hate posting Facebook links, but man this view of the double doing is something else.

https://www.facebook.com/1053423412/posts/10217265476362959/

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tom Sellout posted:

I don't know about the Hurns injury (because I never want to see that again), but this poo poo was blatant

https://twitter.com/whatgoingdowney/status/1081738145031319554?s=21

Frank Clark is a noted massive rear end in a top hat

E: watched all-22 footage of the Hurns injury, looks like the the defender horsecollared Hurns, bringing his body's momentum into the leg.

Yeah that's pretty goddamn blatant.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Does nextgen stats come from some electronic thing embedded in player equipment or are there people painstakingly recreating the entire play in those moving diagrams?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Does nextgen stats come from some electronic thing embedded in player equipment or are there people painstakingly recreating the entire play in those moving diagrams?

I think it's in their pads.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

I think it's in their pads.

It's from the microchip implanted in their brains by the commissioner and his secret cabal and that's what's giving them this "CTE", not some crap about smashing their heads together! That's why they want to put an end to the head smashing, it risks damaging the microchip!!!!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

SHOAH NUFF posted:

"Sensors throughout the stadium track tags placed on players' shoulder pads, charting individual movements within inches."

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
That’s what i figured but the NFL is so stupid and full of morons that I could see them hiring a dozen interns to retrace every players steps

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Add sensors in the ball then some along the goal line and goal posts, you’re a billion dollar company in 2018. Cmon

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

a sexual elk posted:

Add sensors in the ball then some along the goal line and goal posts, you’re a billion dollar company in 2018. Cmon

Don't give Brady anymore excuses to deflate balls to compensate for the weight of the sensor

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
who would look upon the current state of the NFL and go "yes, more granular nonsense"?

hang on let's take a recess so we can spaghetti model where the ball would have gone

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
I guess I assumed the ball already had a sensor since it is also tracked on that video of the kick.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Jivesauce posted:

I guess I assumed the ball already had a sensor since it is also tracked on that video of the kick.

of course the ball has a tag. yes. It's tracked all the time. They could easily create an electronic system for certain calls like forward progress and spotting the ball properly and instantly certifying touchdowns. it would be trivial to do

Finger Prince posted:

It's from the microchip implanted in their brains by the commissioner and his secret cabal and that's what's giving them this "CTE", not some crap about smashing their heads together! That's why they want to put an end to the head smashing, it risks damaging the microchip!!!!

lol

Play fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jan 8, 2019

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Change TD rules to require both feet w/ ball possession and a football move in the endzone.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Shere posted:

who would look upon the current state of the NFL and go "yes, more granular nonsense"?

Because it would be less granular non sense. No more checking goalline footage or measuring for first downs. The computer knows where the goal line is where the first down is and where tje ball is. Its just done.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

Because it would be less granular non sense. No more checking goalline footage or measuring for first downs. The computer knows where the goal line is where the first down is and where tje ball is. Its just done.

That is heavily relying on a network since the ball would have to know who had the ball and when the ball handler went down. It would be a real bad idea to do that right now

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
i wanna see em put a big red trail on the ball when it flies through the air like they did with hockey pucks in the 90s

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Metapod posted:

That is heavily relying on a network since the ball would have to know who had the ball and when the ball handler went down. It would be a real bad idea to do that right now

Yes, the technology is not even remotely close to do something like this reliably.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The problem is you still have to check anyway because you need to know when the player was down to even know to check where the ball is.

Also I do personally like the drama of seeing if they got a first down / touchdown, though cutting it down from minutes to like no longer then 15-30 seconds would be ideal.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Yes, the technology is not even remotely close to do something like this reliably.

BUT THEY DO IT IN TENNIS

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Do glow puck but glow football

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DariusLikewise posted:

Do glow puck but glow football

Do it as a vision cone coming from the QB's / running back's eyeballs. Like that one Madden game.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

a neat cape posted:

BUT THEY DO IT IN TENNIS

there aren't pesky things like "possession" in tennis

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Kalli posted:

The problem is you still have to check anyway because you need to know when the player was down to even know to check where the ball is.

Also I do personally like the drama of seeing if they got a first down / touchdown, though cutting it down from minutes to like no longer then 15-30 seconds would be ideal.

Technology is there. But every player would look like Robocop.

And I agree with you, enjoy the drama. But yanking out the chains to measure the ball within inches when 3 plays earlier the ref basically sets it down where he saw it happen is funny. I know it is part of the game.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Metapod posted:

drat, I was picturing some big production with lights and horns and maybe some fireworks triggered by the ball sensor crossing the goal line but you had to ruin it

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

I'm just gonna leave this here...why, yes, it is more Bears fans reactions to the Double Doink. Yes, it does contain actual children crying this time. Yes, I'm aware that this is getting to the point of silliness.

No, this will never not be funny to me. Why? Because three words, bucko: Fly, Eagles, Fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8eJ8nyYbJU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

HereticMIND posted:

I'm just gonna leave this here...why, yes, it is more Bears fans reactions to the Double Doink. Yes, it does contain actual children crying this time. Yes, I'm aware that this is getting to the point of silliness.

No, this will never not be funny to me. Why? Because three words, bucko: Fly, Eagles, Fly.

Thanks Ill like and subscribe

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Kalli posted:

Do it as a vision cone coming from the QB's / running back's eyeballs. Like that one Madden game.

god that was the worst loving year

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

HereticMIND posted:

Lol just realized Michael Bennett has gone through watching a team miss a gimme field goal to advance in the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Kalli posted:

When are they just going to mount some gopro looking thing in or on a guy's helmet so we get the 2k5 helmet cam but in real life