Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Texans, Seahawks, you tried.

You failed badly, but at least you tried

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw2qEUwFbGM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the gently caress was that onside kick

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That's why kickers are important

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
How bout them Cowboys

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

i say swears online posted:

Accidentally overpowered it, methinks.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

In my opinion, the Colts are extremely cool and good

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

maybe don’t rely on a fat old man as your kicker

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
SEA

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
To me it seems the kicker meant to kick precisely when the ball hit the ground to sorta line drive it, but it bounced/he was too slow so it had air time. Makes sense because any soft drop kick would float right to someones hands anyways.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Garbage rear end Seahawks guess that's why you're talking trash.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Run up the gut
Run up the gut
Screen
Run up the gut
Run up the gut
Screen
Screen
Screen

That's Brian Schottenheimer for "Good evening, how dry is your house red?"

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

rip seabass

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Everyone's gonna talk about that bad onsides, but just lol at giving up a 3rd and 15 QB draw to seal the game.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
seahawks never deserved that super bowl. eternal fake 12 bandwagon losers.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

i say swears online posted:

We've wanted drop kickers in the NFL for years and this piece of poo poo single-handedly snuffed any chance of it ever happening.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
I need a gif of that onside kick

Vulgarian
Oct 2, 2011

Kalli posted:

Everyone's gonna talk about that bad onsides, but just lol at giving up a 3rd and 15 QB draw to seal the game.

I really think the utterly blown punt coverage was way worse. The field position was absurd due to the return.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Zoran posted:

How bout them Cowboys

Suck a million dicks a second, etc.

woooooooo!

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
So what was the worst play of the day, the Texans stupid 4th down endzone toss or all of the 3rd/4th and long screens the Seahawks called?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Garbage rear end Seahawks guess that's why you're talking trash.

we...talk trash because we're garbage rear end? Or we're talking trash because of the game? I get that you're taunting Seahawks fans, but really not much else here.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

shirts and skins posted:

we...talk trash because we're garbage rear end? Or we're talking trash because of the game? I get that you're taunting Seahawks fans, but really not much else here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT0i1yRCfco

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Yodzilla posted:

So what was the worst play of the day, the Texans stupid 4th down endzone toss or all of the 3rd/4th and long screens the Seahawks called?

Seahawks just because there were like a billion of them.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
No true TFF poster would celebrate the downfall of Seabass, he remains our spirit animal, each and every one of us

fruity no gay
May 7, 2018

by Cyrano4747
hawks lost, go philip rivers!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Man. Always a disappointment to lose in the playoffs, but I feel...fine? This wasn't supposed to be a playoff year, goal #1 was finding out who would be with the team in 2019 and 2020. Mission accomplished, and it was actually a great time to boot. Plus, bonus football! This team didn't make the playoffs for 10 years in one stretch during my lifetime, I'm never taking playoff berths for granted.

Thanks for that 2018 season Seahawks, it was fun as hell! Onward to next year, draft some DEs, safeties, and WRs. Oh and fire the ST coach, god he sucks.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Seahawks kept trying to run the ball when they should have banked on proven Wilson/Baldwin/Lockett bullshit

Go anybody but Dallas in the NFC

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

shirts and skins posted:

Man. Always a disappointment to lose in the playoffs, but I feel...fine? This wasn't supposed to be a playoff year, goal #1 was finding out who would be with the team in 2019 and 2020. Mission accomplished, and it was actually a great time to boot. Plus, bonus football! This team didn't make the playoffs for 10 years in one stretch during my lifetime, I'm never taking playoff berths for granted.

Thanks for that 2018 season Seahawks, it was fun as hell! Onward to next year, draft some DEs, safeties, and WRs. Oh and fire the ST coach, god he sucks.

I'm mostly mad at how self inflected this game felt. Like, props to Dallas for eventually figuring out our DBs are mediocre and shutting down our run which is our Plan A (and B) but Hawks didn't even try to throw intermediate passes. Just long bombs down the sideline that Baldwin and Lockett pull off because they and Russ are psychically linked. Not to mention those late game penalties that literally willed Dallas across the 50

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
lol that onside kick

what an ending

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://clips.clippit.tv/ypwvgm/360.mp4

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
That game was such a throwback. Establishing the run! 4 minute drills! Someone named Schottenheimer disappointing in the playoffs! Feelin' like 1993.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

found the onside:

https://streamable.com/sdo1c

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

what exactly is the criticism of the onside kick? dude is not the kicker for placeheld kicks. it didn't seem like he had any experience in the role. he did the best he could and it just wasn't enough, i think.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
From what I understand onsides are basically impossible now so whatever on that, upside of kicking is that the Hawks went for it on 4th and got a TD and they converted 2 pts both times. Hawks should just not have a kicker.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/Tav2Lit/status/1081697410810707968

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
this might be better than jay cutler climbing up the books

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
hosed up that half the guys are in the traitors uniforms tbh

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Seattle offense was pretty standard, like fire Schotty and all that, sure, but it wasn't anything different from what they'd had mediocre success with all season. But the defense was atrocious. Some of those zero coverage long plays... :ughh: one flukey pick, not even a forced fumble recovered by the offense. They couldn't stop, contain, or do anything to stop the Dallas offense all game.
Also Ezekiel Elliot is annoying. Not like "dang he's just so good and beating our asses" annoying, just that loving tired rear end eating thing every play.
Anyway, Dallas sucked less than the Seahawks tonight, go Rams/Saints.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Abel Wingnut posted:

what exactly is the criticism of the onside kick? dude is not the kicker for placeheld kicks. it didn't seem like he had any experience in the role. he did the best he could and it just wasn't enough, i think.

tragedy can still be funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

This is a pretty avant garde re-imagining of the civil war.