Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Mooey Cow posted:

"Oh gosh who knew simulated drowning would feel unpleasant, but I'm not gonna be too harsh on the US for using literal torture tho because they did totally cripple Iraq's infrastructure and nothing bad's gonna come out of that ever."

got me yawning cuz you waterboring, bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Mike Hunt

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Twat McTwatterson posted:

holy loving lol, matt dillahunty is not charismatic at all

There's no such thing as a charismatic debate philosopher

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
I had respect for Hitchens because at least he could put an argument together and Dawkins because he actually contributed something to science.

But Sam Harris? This trust-fund rear end in a top hat has been nothing but a right-wing grifter from the start. His first book endorses torture, racial profiling, "War with Islam", and the justification of pre-emptive nuclear strikes on Muslim countries. I'm sure there's more, but those are the ones I definitely remember. He also brings fascists like Jordan Peterson and Ben Shapiro on his podcast all the time. He's never has a leftist on. He also grifts with Peterson on his bullshit college tour whining about "PC". I'm pretty sure Dawkins has distanced himself from Sam for years now.

Edit;

Just went to Sam's twitter page, and of course he's promoting garbage NYT articles deceptively promoting centrism and establishment interests:

https://twitter.com/SamHarrisOrg/status/1115729785148153856

Slutitution has issued a correction as of 17:29 on Apr 10, 2019

animist
Aug 28, 2018
God isn't real. Trees, however, are very real, and very strong

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
https://youtu.be/qqpCsor4284

Seth Andrews puts up some pretty good points and I've always kind of enjoyed him more than most of the others this video in particular was very helpful when I first started transitioning to atheism

Also Hitchens was very important because he absolutely poo poo on things that people thought weren't bad like Mother Teresa and Catholics in general this coming from a former Catholic

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The Ancestor's Tale owns, just a leisurely stroll backwards through all the branching nodes of then-revolutionary phylogenetic taxonomy

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
Sam Harris is really loving bad. He's the worst of the three.

also god is love

Schach
Jul 21, 2007
I'm not a monster it'sonlyamask.
hitchens went on fox news after jerry falwell died and said if you gave the man an enema he could've been buried in a matchbox

sam harris sucks idk

https://twitter.com/richarddawkins/status/396956105869250561?lang=en

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Your name looks like animels trash, which is kinda cute in a way