Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Your mental image of me is drastically different than what I actually look like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Rad-daddio posted:

Onthisshow

JIM ROME

GETS

IRRATIONALLY ANGRY

(clones)

ABOUT

EVERYFUCKINGTHING

BECAUSE

THIS IS

HOW HE

PAYS HIS

loving

GODDAMN making GBS threads BILLS!!!!!

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Here's a list of eight things I saw on Buzzfeed two weeks ago

I'll only get through three of them because you two won't shut the hell up

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Hardawn posted:

Your mental image of me is drastically different than what I actually look like

Yeah, always

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
https://youtu.be/nE8ppfUrh0g

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Ha! I forgot Jim's weird cadence.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here
*urgently needs to take a dump*

"Here's Freebird! ONLY on your ROCKNROLL SUPAPOWER, 99.9 KRAK!"

*dies on toilet*

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

my wife introduced me to this guy telling me "it's just a character! that his announcer personality!" and guess what? it's definitely not. dude is a remorseless rear end in a top hat who talks just like he does on the radio

also they don't like to be called "djs" OP, cause it's a simplification of their full job

I call them djs anyway cause most are assholes

She'll never see office again. The entire reason she was voted in was due to her kid having Autism and she became a voice for other parents and promised to be their voice no matter what. Then the PCs slaughtered the funding their first week in office and she's just like, "well gosh, I tried!"

Pretty sure that they'll end up out east somewhere when this is all over.

ElectricSheep posted:

This was a piece of poo poo maneuver but I do miss Bubba's buffalo chicken dip which, for some reason, was pulled from my local Publix supermarché

Also Bubba's show was pulled from our market years ago when he pissed off another, longer-standing and even lamer classic rock drive-time DJ Young Ron; he made fun of a viral video of a kid at Blizzcon grilling panel employees on World of Warcraft lore and that kid...was albert einstein apparently Ron's son

That's Bubba's M.O. He thinks its still 1998 and DJs are supposed to have turf wars or something. I honestly expect him to wind up dead in 10 years or get (more?) involved in organized crime.

Bob and Tom are still on the air. Nearly every person on that show has retired or tried to get in a different market but always come back because they can't make it anywhere else.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
My local rock station used to syndicate Bob and Tom till about a decade ago when they started up their own local morning show.

Unsurprisingly, their morning listenership almost doubled overnight when they started airing something actually entertaining.

bartok
May 10, 2006

So Patton you're on King of Queens isn't that Leah Remini a real babe? AWOOGA

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Worst loving duo I ever had the displeasure of sitting through was Jon and Jeff on KLSX in Los Angeles.

So bad they got shoved into the Third Shift graveyard because only half-asleep stoners and bored security guards could stomach their poo poo.

DuchessOfKvetch
Dec 20, 2018
Hi, this is the Mike and Mark show where it's always SIXTY-NINE DEGREES!

Today we're going to harass a foreign convenience store owner by calling him up with our Arnold Schwarzenegger quote soundboard!

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

It's Friiiiiiiiiiiday, and you know what that means.....it's time for you all to go out and drink to excess!! Ahahaha, drunk dial us and maybe YOU'LL be part of the Monday Morning Hangover!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

its all nice on rice posted:

99.9 in Seattle has an afternoon talk show called "the men's room." The first 10 minutes is literally just random bits from previous shows with stupid music in the background. Then they introduce all five(?) hosts and their stupid nicknames with ~wacky~ noises.

Tons of shows do this now because I guess they think listeners will switch as soon as they hear dead air, but it's actually the opposite. Almost any time I've been dumb enough to put it on ESPN Radio, the first 15 minutes of each show seem to be completely out of context clips that are completely unfunny and make no sense to anyone not intimately familiar with the show. Also, each return from commercial is just out of context soundbite jokes. It's very surreal, it's almost impossible to tell when the actual show begins and ends, if it ever does, as the conversation is just so banal and pointless anyway.

I think most morning radio DJs are dead and they've just been playing clips for the past 5 years

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Coasterphreak posted:

My local rock station used to syndicate Bob and Tom till about a decade ago when they started up their own local morning show.

Unsurprisingly, their morning listenership almost doubled overnight when they started airing something actually entertaining.

I get Bob and Tom on two stations.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Tato posted:

Tons of shows do this now because I guess they think listeners will switch as soon as they hear dead air, but it's actually the opposite. Almost any time I've been dumb enough to put it on ESPN Radio, the first 15 minutes of each show seem to be completely out of context clips that are completely unfunny and make no sense to anyone not intimately familiar with the show. Also, each return from commercial is just out of context soundbite jokes. It's very surreal, it's almost impossible to tell when the actual show begins and ends, if it ever does, as the conversation is just so banal and pointless anyway.

I think most morning radio DJs are dead and they've just been playing clips for the past 5 years
Thats pretty much always been sports radio to me. As a kid it was a great way to listen to a game that wasn’t on national tv or whatever. Everything before and after it was almost always mindless blabbering. Usually poo poo I doubt anyone cared about. Reminded me of the old men at the barber shop my dad took us to. Those guys would argue about games that already happened. Decades ago. I love sports but that is some extra level of love I never understood.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

DuchessOfKvetch posted:

Hi, this is the Mike and Mark show where it's always SIXTY-NINE DEGREES!

Today we're going to harass a foreign convenience store owner by calling him up with our Arnold Schwarzenegger quote soundboard!

I hate the prank call time that nearly every morning show has. Like why the gently caress hassle someone at their job they most likely hate anyway?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

“Alright, here’s a headline you ladies will like, turn the volume up for a minute. CHOCOLATE. And WINE. Can help you lose weight that’s right a new study has found that moderate amounts of chocolate and wine can help promote weight loss, but keep those amounts moderate ladies, or you’ll be right back where you started *Krusty the Klown laugh and truck backup alarm sound effects play* what do you thing, Stacy?”

“Way ahead of you there Goober, I-“

“COLORADO legalized magic mushrooms, looks like I’ll be takin a little TRIP *clip from Alice in Wonderland plays in background* to Denver this weekend, if you get me, here’s the first minute of Rob Zombie’s Desert Trip while I go browbeat Stacy into coming back into the booth!”

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

"Time for a little... NEWS OF THE WEIRD!"

*twilight zone theme plays*

"Haha, so uh.... *snort* a heh heh heh there's uh..... HEE HEE HEE....in Florida..."

"Oh jeez Dewey, of course it's Florida!"

"You got that right, DJ Stacey. A... heh heh heh... sorry, it's uh.... FLORIDA!!!!"

"FLORIDA!!! HAHAHAHAHAAHA!"

"Anyway, 2 children were... hahahaha..... *snort* 2 children were molested by a Catholic priest in Florida!"

*clown honking noises*

"Lemme guess, was this guy on PCP?"

*cowbell sound, followed by an audio clip of Christopher Walken saying he needs more cowbell, followed by another cowbell*

"It.... HAHAHAHA.... it doesn't say. Oh my god this is too funny. Anyway this Priest, who MAY have been on PCP....."

"HAHAHAHAHAHA PCP IN FLORIDA!"

"I know right? Hahahaha! Anyway, he raped these 2 kids and one kid committed suicide! He was 12 years old!"

*gunshot sound effect plays, followed by a baby crying*

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Wamdoodle posted:

I hate the prank call time that nearly every morning show has. Like why the gently caress hassle someone at their job they most likely hate anyway?

https://gawker.com/5779701/your-favorite-wacky-morning-radio-show-is-a-festival-of-lies

quote:

All of wacky morning drive-time radio, apparently, is populated by voice actors pretending to be jilted lovers—or in at least one instance, an aviation expert talking about a local plane crash. Ryan Seacrest is a major practitioner, and Dick Clark as a major supplier. We talked to some fake radio callers, and here are their stories.

"Any time you hear something surreal on a morning radio show, it's bullshit," one veteran independent radio producer told me. "The great prank phone calls—they're all fake. If it's top 40, and if it has a morning show, then it uses actors."

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

So it's time for a news story!

Not just any news story, Stompy, it's one that involves basic arithmetic or a computer.

Well golly gee, we should pretend not to understand this basic idea so we don't alienate our listeners!

Math is hard!

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
There used to be this corny local anchorman thst was the head hancho at my local small town tv station. Dude's name was Rick Martel, and he was the very embodiment of 70s corny suave tv personalities.

Back then, I was an alt rock dj for a local radio station and we were doing an on site promotion at the local university for the week of welcome. We had our booth setup and Rick Martel was in a booth next to us with the tv starion so I got to talk with him and some of the other local news folks.

What became oddly apparent over the course of the night was that college girls loving loved that corny old dude. I don't know what he was saying or doing, but here's this 60+ year old guy with grey helmet hair and girls are hanging off him like Christmas tree ornaments. It was truly fascinating.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

"We've got a special guest on the line today, a big shot local comedian who's got a show coming up at the Laugh Bucket this weekend. Please welcome Randy Blergh.

"..."

"Randy, are you on the line? Randy?"

*static noises*

"Ok I think maybe we lost -"

"KSsssshHH _ NO I CAN.... HAPPY TO BE HERE I'M....... TUNNEL SO YOU...... HAMBURGERS."

"Okay I think we have Randy Blergh. Randy, can you tell us a little about your act tonight? I see here you were recently in LA? How was that?"

"..."

"Randy?"

"SORRY CAN'T...... JUST GOING TO SAY I'M REALLY EXCITED.... HAMBURGERS TONIGHT....... BUCKET!"

"Okay well thank you Randy, we'll uh.... let's try calling back later, maybe? So we have 3 minutes to fill now.... uuuuummmmmm......... let's.... let's go to commercial."

"KSSSHHHHHHH THANK YOU FOR.... HAMBURGERS....... LAUGH BUCKET TONIGHT..... NOT PC HUMOR...... CHARLIE SHEEN!"

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Hahaha. That story reminds me of a clip.

*plays same clip of a Stephen Lynch song they've played 35,284 times before to kill another 3 minutes*

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I get paid $350,000 a year and I think trans people are a bunch of SNOWFLAKES!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/dave-wheeler-sues-rogers-92-citi-fm-winnipeg-1.4831614

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Time for the....

*guitar riff*

BADASS OF THE WEEK!

*same guitar riff*

This week, my ex-wife attempted to sue me for backdue child support. However, my lawyer was able to convince her that I was unfit to stand trial do to a major head injury months ago! And that I was already living in poverty due to my crippling gambling addiction!

*airhorns blaring*
*monster truck sounds*
ADDICTION-DICTION-DICTION-DICTION!

So thank you, Larry Breighnon of Breighnon and Stern Associates, you are DJ Crazy Frank's....

*guitar riff*

BADASS OF THE WEEK!

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
On our local station we got this husband and wife team that makes jokes about how annoying the other one is and how much they hate each other it's pretty alright.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Dave and Chuck (the Freak) are pretty good. They are slowly being syndicated across the east coast after 20 years in Detroit so look out for a "Penis" billboard coming soon to your city.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Daniel Baldwin, the number 3 Baldwin, has a show based in my city.

Also if your lovely local small city dj ever has an interview with a top tier celebrity to promote their new movie or something. It’s most likely the dj reading the questions off a script to pre recorded answers and edited together to sound live.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im really edgy and hardcore but im not allowed to say gently caress because its morning radio and id get shitcanned in a nanosecond because any sad dad in his 40s could take my place

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The American Dream posted:

Daniel Baldwin, the number 3 Baldwin, has a show based in my city.

Also if your lovely local small city dj ever has an interview with a top tier celebrity to promote their new movie or something. It’s most likely the dj reading the questions off a script to pre recorded answers and edited together to sound live.

Happens on TV too. There's a reason that your 5 O'Clock action news meteorologist is sitting down with Will Smith in a room littered with fake plants to plug Aladdin the day before it opens.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
*hit's the dump button every 7 seconds so the studio execs don't fire him*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
*reads headlines from fark.com*