Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
Caulk that bad boy.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
I'm feeling caulky!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Caulking succeeded!

COME ON

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Who is around?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Keep caulking and floating until we find something that's not a river.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Haifisch posted:

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Haifisch posted:

Voting this.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I dragged my wagon down a mountain
the other day
And we just drove off,
sometime life's okay

I give my grandma a bit too much
of poison berries
Well she just slept it off
it was all okay

And we'll all float on okay

So let's caulk our wagons,
We'll all float on okay

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
It's 39 feet across. We'll be fine if we FORD.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I'm reading the OT LP on the archives, and it reminded that I misunderstood the original game for years. I'm sure that many of you remember that the choices in classic Oregano Tail were a banker from Boston, a carpenter from Ohio and a farmer from Illinois. I never beat the game with the farmer, but for years and years I thought that each character started from his own place of origin as a mechanic to balance the difficulty, since the wealthier characters were from farther away. It seemed logical, but of course everyone starts in Missouri and the farmer, as they are today, was totally hosed.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I live in Chubbuck, Idaho. Right along the border of Fort Hall Reservation and smushed up against Pocatello.

I don't know why I felt like sharing this. i guess the mention of Ft. Hall made me feel like it, unsolicited.

I can say that it sure is empty and dry and the Snake River sure is a river. It floods sometimes.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Caulking makes it to Rattlesnake Pass. We're actually past the Great Salt Lake by this point! Salt Lake City wasn't established until 1847, so the route we took is passing through totally empty territory.

We take some more game. Deer, bear, buffalo, and other large game have become scarce. We're mostly hitting rabbit and birds.

That name isn't hyperbole. And with our morale so low, we're on the verge of collapse.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

chitoryu12 posted:

Caulking makes it to Rattlesnake Pass. We're actually past the Great Salt Lake by this point! Salt Lake City wasn't established until 1847, so the route we took is passing through totally empty territory.

We take some more game. Deer, bear, buffalo, and other large game have become scarce. We're mostly hitting rabbit and birds.

That name isn't hyperbole. And with our morale so low, we're on the verge of collapse.

Caulk and float. That’ll boost that morale!

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
See who is around. Maybe their wise words will boost our sagging morale. That or they might have some spare laudanum, that could help too...

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Float our chalk.

Seeing who is around at a place called Rattlesnake Pass sounds like a bad idea.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Can't stay here, can't go back. Caulk and float on through.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
Caulk her again

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Resting will improve morale and maybe the river will get better if we wait.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Zoe posted:

Resting will improve morale and maybe the river will get better if we wait.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

We caulk and float across the river, but morale is at the breaking point. I let us rest for 5 days to get our bearings. We actually improve from Very Low to Low, so--

Oh. Well, that's that then.

Our journey has come to an end, unceremoniously and on a longer path than we would have taken had we stuck to the original route. We have faced many hardships, far more than the random number generator usually presents, and lost a loved one. If we are lucky we shall join Meaty Ore soon, as we have been abandoned in the wilderness to fend for ourselves.

I thank you all for joining us on this educational journey over the past few months. Perhaps one day we will return to the genre of travel games and learn more. For now, I wish you all luck on your own journeys. They will never be as perilous as this one.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I guess the 'eat every plant we come across' strategy didn't convince them of our competency to lead. :(

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Haifisch posted:

I guess the 'eat every plant we come across' strategy didn't convince them of our competency to lead. :(

I think you guys actually threw away edible plants more often than poisonous ones!

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Welp, that was an abrupt end to our great adventure. Guess we should backtrack a bit and found Salt Lake City early then, and steal all of the wagon trains' laudanum before we go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malah
May 18, 2015

Enjoy dying in the middle of nowhere without our invaluable guidance, you useless ingrates! :argh:

Anyway, now we can start a proper run with MORE loving CLOCKS