Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

Kvlt! posted:

looking for foreign (im American so foreign is anything not American or UK) vigilante movies like Rolling Thunder, Death Wish, Harry Brown, etc

Irréversible

Don't actually watch Irréversible unless you know what you're getting into. It's intentionally incredibly hard to watch and not the same style of vigilante film as what you have above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

therattle posted:

In Order of Disappearance is fantastic.

this was absolutely fantastic thank you!!

and yeah ive seen Irreversible before not a huge fan of it but i do appreciate the rec ty!!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Kvlt! posted:

this was absolutely fantastic thank you!!

and yeah ive seen Irreversible before not a huge fan of it but i do appreciate the rec ty!!

Awesome! So glad you liked it! It’s great, right?

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

Gaius Marius posted:

Escaflowne too

Oh yeah, wait till you get to the villain.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Kvlt! posted:

looking for foreign (im American so foreign is anything not American or UK) vigilante movies like Rolling Thunder, Death Wish, Harry Brown, etc
Ballerina, Sisu, Riders of Justice

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

fenix down posted:

Ballerina, Sisu, Riders of Justice

seen Sisu and RoJ before and both are top tier so i will def check out Ballerina!!

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

therattle posted:

In Order of Disappearance is fantastic.

I chucked this on without realising I'd already seen the remake, was a bit confused for a moment. Good flick.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

I finally have one! Enjoyed Late Night with the Devil, looking to find more like it - TV broadcasts gone wrong and so on.

I've got, so far, Ghostwatch, WNUF Halloween Special, but I'm looking for more of this type of thing. Late Night was great, minus the ending, which - in true found footage fashion - was a bit weak

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
There’s a sequel to WNUF called the “Out There Halloween Mega Tape” that’s decent.

One Cut of the Dead might also fit the bill?

We watched a movie pretty early on during lockdown called The Cleansing Hour (2019) that I remember being better than I expected, but I also barely remember it and can’t really vouch for it.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
It's not a movie but anthology TV show Inside Number 9 did an episode similar to Ghostwatch called Dead Line.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
There's a 1983 TV movie called Special Bulletin which is presented as a news broadcast covering a terrorist group threatening to detonate a nuclear bomb.

1994's Without Warning is a TV movie presented as a news broadcast covering a disastrous first contact with aliens.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

I finally have one! Enjoyed Late Night with the Devil, looking to find more like it - TV broadcasts gone wrong and so on.

I've got, so far, Ghostwatch, WNUF Halloween Special, but I'm looking for more of this type of thing. Late Night was great, minus the ending, which - in true found footage fashion - was a bit weak

Radio broadcast not TV, but Pontypool is real good.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

King of Comedy, Joker, maybe Quiz Show I've never seen it

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Xiahou Dun posted:

Radio broadcast not TV, but Pontypool is real good.

seconding this Pontypool is dope

also op just listen to Art Bell

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

History of the Occult, or if radio is acceptable The Vast of Night

The V/H/S series has some TV broadcast segments including the most popular one from V/H/S94 (and the most popular segment from 2 is about a documentary crew). 99 and 85 also have some deece ones

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I would like to say that The Vast of Night also rips. Honestly I don’t have a good excuse for not listing it with Pontypool.

The sub-genre of What If Radio, But Spooky? is absolutely stacked for some reason.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Gaius Marius posted:

King of Comedy, Joker, maybe Quiz Show I've never seen it

Quiz Show is a dramatization of a real life quiz show scandal with Ralph Fiennes and a whole cast of character actors, and is great, but not quite what we're looking for here

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Oh poo poo, The Booth! It's an all in real time movie about a radio show that is interrupted by a ghostly voice. The Booth kicks rear end/

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

Whether in continuity or in our world, the devil probably was responsible for what happened in Pleasantville. But I thought that movie wasn't good and can't have the feel you're looking for.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

magic cactus posted:

Just watched the 1992 Wicked City film and I need more of this beautifully lit, hyperkinetic style in my life. Would be cool if some suggestions were wuxia films as that's not a genre I'm super familiar with. Bottom line, looking for colorful/colorfully lit gonzo films that will make me :psyduck: but in like, a good way.

I think you may enjoy introducing some Zu: Warriors from the Magic Mountain (1983) and A Chinese Ghost Story (1987) into your diet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGfNSonMJx0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0dpajscuPo

ynohtna fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

ynohtna posted:

I think you may enjoy introducing some Zu: Warriors from the Magic Mountain (1983) and A Chinese Ghost Story (1987) into your diet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGfNSonMJx0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0dpajscuPo

Zu is on my watchlist, I'll bump it to the top. A Chinese Ghost Story I've heard of but haven't seen, adding it to the watchlist, thanks!