Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I would not want to go back to 2012. Early 2015's my cutoff because that's when I had the bone tumor on my knee removed and I'm not living with that thing ever again. I'd gladly choose being forced to live through the 2016 election cycle without the few years of reprieve before it started over that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Quantum Leap was a documentary

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

super sweet best pal posted:

I would not want to go back to 2012. Early 2015's my cutoff because that's when I had the bone tumor on my knee removed and I'm not living with that thing ever again. I'd gladly choose being forced to live through the 2016 election cycle without the few years of reprieve before it started over that.

on the other hand you could make a ton of money by gambling on election results.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

With my luck it'd be a Kurt Vonnegut's Timequake scenario, where you remember the future but have absolutely no ability to do anything even the slightest bit differently than before.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

docbeard posted:

With my luck it'd be a Kurt Vonnegut's Timequake scenario, where you remember the future but have absolutely no ability to do anything even the slightest bit differently than before.

Determinism is real so this is it.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I work at a mindless job where I get a lot of time to listen to podcasts. Recently I decided to start going through the This American Life backcatalog but instead of just doing it in order or reverse order, I made the mistake of picking and choosing interesting episodes before I fully committed and in doing so the bulk of the most recent episodes to go through were 2016 run up to and post election coverage. After I'd distilled it down to those, I decided I might as well bite the bullet and listen to the ~30 or so episodes in this category even though I knew how things ended and they just make me depressed figuring that hey, once I'm through I'm through.

Just a couple weeks ago I finished them and now I'm exactly where this thread asks me to be, in late 2012.

What I've found is that it's almost impossible to tolerate, as I'd expect actually ending up in 2012 would be. Episodes about anything political are treated with such gravitas but compared to today are reminders of just how nice it would be to have such trivial problems. Warning signs of things to come are blithely ignored and a feeling of being past the end of history sits in the background all the time. Incrementalism, not just as a political philosophy but as an overarching worldview is pervasive and omnipresent as if there's no other way to be.

With hindsight 2012 is far worse than it seemed at the time and going back there has been torturous.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
what if he did? what if he didn't? what if the world was made of pudding?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
send me back to 1999, i want to play that prince song in the only context where it's appropriate

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
divorce wife before get preggos. go burning man.

still become republican in 2016 but with a lot more STDs

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

four words: wrap it up, obamailures

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I just make money betting on Trump winning 2016. And a hung brit parliament in 2017. Plus Corbyn being head of Labour.

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 11:23 on Aug 4, 2019

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

OP, this already happened.

what is the backstory here

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

what is the backstory here

insane person

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I can't remember what happened in 2012

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
idk op, what

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

Troll constantly and threaten vilerat with "consequences" if he bans me

this is still the best option

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
i would actually wake up on 6/9/69 and initiate groundhog day

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
you calibrated the wayback machine wrong and landed on June 9th, 1869

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

this already happened to me op it was called the 2015 cspam primary thread

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Peanut President posted:

Plus any sports things you can remember the winners of.
Cubs in 2016
Blues in 2019
Raptors in 2019
American Pharoah winning the Triple Crown

Leicester City to win the Premier League in 3 and a bit seasons

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I'd probably just see if anyone would take the bet that Sinead O'Connor would convert to Islam in the next 6 years.

Alternatively if I was truly deranged I'd try to inflict the curse of Assad on as many people as possible

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

piss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Is LF still around? because if so thank God I'm no longer in this pale shadow of that subforum