Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
You wake up on December 22nd, 2012. Obama has just won his second term, Mitt Romney is beginning his slow return to irrelevance, and the world has just averted the Rapture for the nth time. Despite what the calendar says, you remember everything. Trump, Bolsonaro, the alt-right, Nazis marching on Pride parades, hamburger feasts.

You know you have one chance to post about it in D&D before the mods dismiss you as an unhinged troll, but you know you have to do something. Whether it's to be proven right in seven years, or to hopefully avoid the future you just escaped, what do you post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

i would rather watch the earth burn to ashes than post in d&d

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Trump president, so what?

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
you could wait a few years for cspam but by then its too late

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Troll constantly and threaten vilerat with "consequences" if he bans me

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
go to one of them places that offers bets on elections and throw in everything I own on TRUMP in 2014.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
"yes Donald J Trump the guy who got hit with a chair at wrestlemania a few years ago. Yes seriously"

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

lol i wouldn't waste such an opportunity posting on this dead gay forum

Peanut President posted:

go to one of them places that offers bets on elections and throw in everything I own on TRUMP in 2014.

drat right, i'm at caesar's palace at the crack of dawn on escalator day

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Eox posted:

You wake up on December 22nd, 2012. Obama has just won his second term, Mitt Romney is beginning his slow return to irrelevance, and the world has just averted the Rapture for the nth time. Despite what the calendar says, you remember everything. Trump, Bolsonaro, the alt-right, Nazis marching on Pride parades, hamburger feasts.

You know you have one chance to post about it in D&D before the mods dismiss you as an unhinged troll, but you know you have to do something. Whether it's to be proven right in seven years, or to hopefully avoid the future you just escaped, what do you post?

I'd close my eyes and clear my mind, stay in a meditative state for a few minutes that would feel like eons, and finally let the energy of the cosmos speak through me:

trumo.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
what if gently caress you, op

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'd probably try to join a kurdish maoist militia, op

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
turmp

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
what if trump was one of us? :thunk:
just a slob like one of us? :thunk:

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
the piss tape

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

i'd probably try to join a kurdish maoist militia, op

would 2012 be early enough to save caro

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Eox posted:

caro got nabbed like 15 minutes after crossing the syrian border and he wasn't headed to the kurdish cantons in any case. he was turbo-hosed from the jump.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Eox posted:

rather try to save the ruins of Palmyra or Nimrud tbh

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Only Bernie Sanders can save Democracy. Goons, if you're reading this, rest assured that Hillary Clinton will fail in devastating fashion. I would tell you who will be elected President in 2016 but the truth is too loving stupid to believe.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
daenrys burns kings landing and then jon stabs her

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

What if Grover was right about Iraq

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

WrightOfWay posted:

What if Grover was right about Iraq

you wake up on september 10th 2001,

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Feranon posted:

lol i wouldn't waste such an opportunity posting on this dead gay forum

drat right, i'm at caesar's palace at the crack of dawn on escalator day

Plus any sports things you can remember the winners of.
Cubs in 2016
Blues in 2019
Raptors in 2019
American Pharoah winning the Triple Crown

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Buddy if I went back in time to 2012 I ain't postin' in this forum

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Peanut President posted:

Plus any sports things you can remember the winners of.
Cubs in 2016
Blues in 2019
Raptors in 2019
American Pharoah winning the Triple Crown

All these are too late to meaningfully matter in 2012, butterfly effect would screw up too much

Much easier would be to just repeatedly go all-in on the Eli Manning Giants repeating the exact same loving thing they did in 2007 (right down to beating the heavily-favored Packers on the way to the Patriots), walk away with several dozen million dollars, then use your newfound fame as The Man Who Perfectly Predicted the 2011 Playoffs to warn the country about what's going to happen 4 years later

edit: Oh, right, December 2012 is after the 2012 playoffs. Stupid NFL.

SKULL.GIF has issued a correction as of 22:34 on Jun 16, 2019

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Eox posted:

OP, this already happened.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Cowpocalypse posted:

what if trump was one of us? :thunk:
just a slob like one of us? :thunk:

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

this thread is now for us to brainstorm closing the loop

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

you could make mondo from :toxx:

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Eox posted:

why teh gently caress would I be posting in dnd instead of getting rich from superbowl winners and the stock market and correcting the past regrets literally everybody has

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SKULL.GIF posted:

did this guy die

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SKULL.GIF posted:

I also hope fishmech gets permabanned again

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Sojenus posted:

i would rather watch the earth burn to ashes than post in d&d

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

he once PM’d me a massive paragraph of Latin and I never bothered running it through google translate

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SKULL.GIF posted:

this insane person is right

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
QV was a really annoying classicist and accelerationist, but his fishmech meltdown is insanely good

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
i'd just post the whole thing and accept my ban

"you know how obama nailed bin laden the night of the white house correspondents dinner? well, he also spent a lot of time riffing on donald trump, which led to..."

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

SKULL.GIF posted:

sic transit gloria posting

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

SKULL.GIF posted:

All these are too late to meaningfully matter in 2012, butterfly effect would screw up too much

I mean OP's concept was sending a warning which would imply butterfly effect is not being enforced.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

SKULL.GIF posted:

my answer was def gonna be 'bait fishmech into eating a perma through some crazy bet' but yeah, we're good here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I also hope fishmech gets permabanned again