Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

It's just the first movie again, but Dom is in the Brian role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

duz posted:

It's just the first movie again, but Dom is in the Brian role.

Dom is in…Brian’s face???

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I thought vin got me two’ed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

I thought vin got me two’ed.

muscles like this! posted:

So, FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER, they're talking about how F11 will have a lower budget and be a lower stakes story.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
f&f: iowa drift

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
At this point, I'm surprised that they're not just rebooting the franchise and going "back to the roots of the series."

(Also, that would suck. I don't want to watch a movie that is just about fast cars. I want superhero spectacle).

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The roots of the real series is a charismatic ensemble cast doing goofy poo poo

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
The franchise has been pretty mid post Brian driving off into the sunset, tbh

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

whydirt posted:

The franchise has been pretty mid post Brian driving off into the sunset, tbh

F8 had the crew split while Dom went rogue

F9 had them get back together again, a little bit

F10 everyone other than Dom else might have well just emailed in their parts

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 17, 2024

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I just wanted a scene where dom hijacks a truck today and it’s full of dvd players he can’t flip. Really bring it full circle

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
The crew hijacks a truck full of Minecraft and Roblox game cards

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose

I don’t see this scaled back budget as replacing Vin… but maybe? Though at that point just do a spin off of a new crew stealing gpus or something.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose

WhyteRyce posted:

F8 had the crew split while Dom went rogue

F9 had them get back together again, a little bit

F10 everyone other than Dom else might have well just emailed in their parts

Yeah this is correct and why 9 worked for me. At least it has fun stuff for all the characters to do. 10 they just were in a plane or hiding.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

checkplease posted:

I don’t see this scaled back budget as replacing Vin… but maybe? Though at that point just do a spin off of a new crew stealing gpus or something.

I don't think they're getting rid of him since the series is still making money but they are going to be tighter with the purse strings and definitely less accommodating to Vin's whims.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The downgrade from Wan to Leterrier pretty much killed any interest I had in this franchise. I’ll watch the rest because I’m a pig, not because I like them.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Isn't the next one the last one? I thought they were filming them back to back too?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

PriorMarcus posted:

Isn't the next one the last one? I thought they were filming them back to back too?

It probably depends on how much money this next one makes and if Vin gets cancelled

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

There's always a new sister/brother in this franchise. Also, Momoa's character is really annoying. He's like the Joker with brain damage.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Still think it is very funny how they introduced a villain specifically going after friends and family without thinking about how to write around Brian's absence. Like you know you have a character that can't be used but is ostensibly still around so maybe don't do that.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Instead of going after family the villain should have attacked the supply of Corona. This would have an equal threat level for Dom and avoided the Brian issue.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

CornHolio posted:

Saw this. Was pretty let down. I loved 5-7 and I think that's when the series was at it's best. 8 was alright, 9 was completely forgettable honestly. I watched it, I know I watched it, I completely forgot it. Like, completely. I forgot that John Cena was in it. I forgot that Alana died, apparently. This series is burdened by its own canon. There are too many characters, too many switching sides, too many coming back from the dead, to keep track of them all. I couldn't figure out why Hobbes wasn't in it. Even while watching the movie I couldn't figure out why characters were fighting (first Han and Jason Statham, then the two girls).

Apparently Diogo was in a previous movie, which makes it sad that he died..i guess?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Alhazred posted:

Apparently Diogo was in a previous movie, which makes it sad that he died..i guess?

He was a minor character in Five.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
https://x.com/insessionfilm/status/1755594903768191358?s=46&t=_fVsts1-26_-vpwC3rOANA

Chris Nolan is apparently a big fan.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

just throw a bag of money at Nolan and let him do the last F&F movie and work in time travel

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Feb 8, 2024

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

his movies are just F*F movies with fewer POC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Drifting is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of a drift can grow. It can grow to define or destroy you.