Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
Tabloid pictures as proof, with lots of pics of Vin Diesel eating a banana.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7176371/Vin-Diesel-scoffs-banana-joins-star-Michelle-Rodriguez-film-scenes-Fast-Furious-9.html

Good news: Black car in evidence.
Bad news: Small child in evidence, so #9 may feature as much Baby Fever as #8 did.

No other info available, but I know fans and haters will have lots of fun with this thread. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cena in, Dwayne out. Seeing this day one confirmed :woop:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Why is Vin Diesel wearing a fat suit?

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
Charlize Theron and Helen Mirrin also confirmed. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5433138/news

Quote:
The actresses will be joining Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, Nathalie Emmanuel, and John Cena.

At this rate, FF 27 will have a cast of 1000, all trying to get more than 10 seconds of screen time.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

GoodyTwoShoes posted:

Charlize Theron and Helen Mirrin also confirmed. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5433138/news

Quote:
The actresses will be joining Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, Nathalie Emmanuel, and John Cena.

At this rate, FF 27 will have a cast of 1000, all trying to get more than 10 seconds of screen time.

I don’t know what it says about me that I read Diesel and immediately thought of Kevin Nash

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

SleepCousinDeath posted:

I don’t know what it says about me that I read Diesel and immediately thought of Kevin Nash

Not impossible, he's been in a bunch of action movies.

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
No news, but I had a thought (yes, it did hurt).

What episode number will we be on when they finally decide to find out who is in Letty's grave? If there hadn't been somebody's burned remains in her car in #4, they wouldn't have had a funeral. They would have been searching the hospitals.

So:

#4 Letty dies, gets buried, gets avenged.
#6 Letty isn't dead but has amnesia; everyone is so busy being glad she's alive that they don't think of her grave.
#7 Letty gets her memory back at the very end, says she "remembers everything."
#8 No mention of who is in her grave. Does she remember and just shrug it off? Then they get busy chasing babies and submarines, and she submissively accepts her new stepmomhood.

This is what happens when you keep retconning things, I guess.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have exciting news, y'all. Hover over if you dare.

They're going to space.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

GoodyTwoShoes posted:

What episode number will we be on when they finally decide to find out who is in Letty's grave? If there hadn't been somebody's burned remains in her car in #4, they wouldn't have had a funeral. They would have been searching the hospitals.

So:

#6 Letty isn't dead but has amnesia; everyone is so busy being glad she's alive that they don't think of her grave.
#8 No mention of who is in her grave. Does she remember and just shrug it off? Then they get busy chasing babies and submarines, and she submissively accepts her new stepmomhood.

It just leads to big tunnel to a reprogramming center where Han is finishing up his new evil persona by the true big bad who's been pulling all the strings since the beginning, Toretto's long lost foster brother who got him into stealing VCRs in the first place.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

GoodyTwoShoes posted:

So:

Obviously, the flashback in 6 that shows how Letty "survived" is bullshit- she's actually a clone, which explains the memory problems.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Justin Lin is back and the Rock is gone so maybe this one will actually be good again.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

When was the last time we had a good FF movie without The Rock? FF1!?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

omg chael crash posted:

When was the last time we had a good FF movie without The Rock? FF1!?

Tokyo Drift

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

General Dog posted:

Why is Vin Diesel wearing a fat suit?

Because knows that, like professional wresters, fat action heroes are just more fun than buff action heroes.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Proposition Joe posted:

Justin Lin is back and the Rock is gone so maybe this one will actually be good again.

It seems really out of character for the Rock to just leave a paycheck on the table because Vin Diesel threw a tantrum but I guess he's not hurting for work otherwise.

Also I read that article about how the Rock, Diesel, Statham, etc all have contractual stipulations that they win a certain number of fights but the crazy part to me is that all these dudes are in their 50s. I just forgot that they've all been around since the 90's.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Vin Diesel's transformation into Telly Savalas is almost complete.

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

General Dog posted:

Vin Diesel's transformation into Telly Savalas is almost complete.

Once upon a time, there were rumors that he was going to make a Kojak movie.

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
May 2020 release confirmed.

https://www.nme.com/news/film/the-release-date-for-fast-furious-9-has-been-confirmed-2536298

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

They should bring back Gisele. We saw her fall from the plane but that’s it. They can make up any excuse like she had to fake her death to go undercover for another mission or something.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I'm still waiting to hear back on my The Fast and the Furious/Muppets crossover.

No I'm serious, it could totally work.

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7416023/Fast-Furious-9-Vin-Diesels-stunt-double-films-high-octane-chase-scene.html

No stars in evidence, just a stunt driver, but you get to see some bikes/cars with cameras on them, which is neat. They overheated an expensive car, but fixed it. In front of Buckingham Palace. Does that mean QE2 is a FF fan? She is a mechanic, after all.

At the end, they note that the stuntman injured in July, Joe Watts, is out of the induced coma and moved out of Intensive Care.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

GoodyTwoShoes posted:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7416023/Fast-Furious-9-Vin-Diesels-stunt-double-films-high-octane-chase-scene.html

No stars in evidence, just a stunt driver, but you get to see some bikes/cars with cameras on them, which is neat. They overheated an expensive car, but fixed it. In front of Buckingham Palace. Does that mean QE2 is a FF fan? She is a mechanic, after all.
It looks like the stuntman has mocap markers on his face. I guess they'll be doing some closeups and overlaying Diesel's face onto his.

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Crossposting from the trailer thread bc holy poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSiDu3Ywi8E

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Eh, whatever, 8 and Hobbes & Shaw weren't that great but I swore a blood oath to this series after Five so I guess maybe I'll buy a tick-- :asoiaf:

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Huh.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
Justin Lin is back

Han is back

Im fuckin ready for my biannual telenovela with cars

edit: Lucas Black is back too. Hell yes.

AccountSupervisor fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jan 31, 2020

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

AccountSupervisor posted:

Justin Lin is back

Oh gently caress, I didn't even notice this. poo poo yeah, I am at full hype now

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Mat Cauthon posted:

Also I read that article about how the Rock, Diesel, Statham, etc all have contractual stipulations that they win a certain number of fights but the crazy part to me is that all these dudes are in their 50s. I just forgot that they've all been around since the 90's.

I’d heard Johnson and Statham contractually can’t get beat up too bad/emasculated in a fight scene, which is still hilarious, but I’m curious to see the source.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
What on earth did I just watch? :rice:

It looks absolutely loving insane and I cant wait for May 22nd. Holy loving poo poo.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Dinosaurs! posted:

I’d heard Johnson and Statham contractually can’t get beat up too bad/emasculated in a fight scene, which is still hilarious, but I’m curious to see the source.

Source is here: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/aug/02/fast-furious-stars-contract-demand-not-lose-fights-jason-statham-dwayne-johnson

There were a lot of stories about it during the Hobbs and Shaw PR campaign.

F9 looks....interesting. The faceoff between Cena and Dom in the trailer looked like Cena was trying not to laugh. Also apparently everyone is super human now? I appreciate them finally bringing Lucas Black back into the fold, as well as everyone's favorite.

I'll probably see it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

What the gently caress is this franchise?

Amazing. That's what.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Yeah, that's about what I expected. It can't come out fast enough.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Taintrunner posted:

I have exciting news, y'all. Hover over if you dare.

They're going to space.

Wouldn't that be "Furious X"?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I saw out of Hobbes and Shaw but cannot wait for this.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

This looks absolutely ridiculous. Welcome back Justin Lin

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I appreciate that this franchise is 100% full gently caress it mode.

Cant wait till a few years from now when they reboot the franchise with new actors in Fast: Origins of Furious

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

goddamn my blood is pumping and I feel so alive that I could fight 20 men

gonna grab a case of corona and watch at least 3 of the movies tonight, likely ending the evening jumping on my couch hollering "FAMILY" before passing out face down on the floor while my cat looks on with disdain.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
lol gently caress this franchise Cena is doms brother, who is also a superman james bond, younger brother to the guy who's always been about family, they brought han back to further redeem stathams character and more cg car stunts?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

No he's liquid snake, Han is Grey Fox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Dammit, THIS is the movie that should have featured Charlize Theron playing a driver named Furiosa