Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I always loved that at least once a season, Teal'C would gently caress off on some crazy one man assault mission to rescue his kid or his old man buddy or one of his many hot ex girlfriends. He would invariably slaughter dozens of enemy soldiers in increasingly badass ways before getting captured just short of his goal by the main bad guy, causing his friends to mount their own rescue mission to save him and unfuck everything

The show was solid fun for like 5-6 seasons and then it just felt like they were spinning their wheels and it got a little too jokey/bantery. Like Daniel Jackson goes from being the conscience of the team to this buff sarcastic dude and it sort of makes sense because of all the nutty poo poo they go through but at the same time it was kind of lovely toward the end. Atlantis was alright too because the characters were really likable but by then it really stretched believability that they'd be able to keep any of this poo poo secret

The movie had some incredible production design, great soundtrack, a couple of sweet Kurt Russell one liners and a compelling premise (enough to carry a whole television franchise, anyway) but otherwise it's a mess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
I loved Conan's bits on the show
https://youtu.be/SlcYIKYrjJM
https://youtu.be/J0nwauJbi5Q
https://youtu.be/FDmfdQZ2hC0

SG1 was great, probably my favourite sci-fi ever. Yeah, there were some filler episodes but overall, the series had interesting arcs and satisfying set pieces. The villains were a good mix of campy evil - apophis, Baal, replicators, Anubis, camulus and his war skirt.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Fun fact: Daniel Jackson's actor Michael Shanks impregnated two of his Stargate co-stars.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
As much fun as Baal is, they should probably have ended the show after season 8 and that time travel thing. That would have been an excellent final episode. The whole Ori thing was just yet another totally unbeatable enemy until we can get a magic weapon, but this time they are SUPER DUPER unbeatable and dangerous.

Also it sucked that they wrote out Parker Lewis the second Michael Shanks signed that new contract or whatever was the deal with that whole deal. Then they just mention off hand that the Ori hosed up his planet, oh welp.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Fun fact: Daniel Jackson's actor Michael Shanks impregnated two of his Stargate co-stars.

I hope it was teal'c and hammond :allears:

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

Pretty good video regarding the whole franchise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlG3RV-oPvI

also

CapnBry posted:

My favorite takeaway from the whole thing is that at the actual Cheyenne Mountain US Air Force base, they replaced a broom closet door with a high security door and painted on the outside "Stargate Command". THIS is what I want my tax :10bux: going to!

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I enjoyed the movie well enough, and even had it on VHS at one point, but I never got into the show for some reason. My wife is a longtime fan and we're finally going through it together on Prime now, I think I'm about 8-10 episodes in maybe. I've heard lots of people say it gets way better, but so far even season 1 has been pretty enjoyable, actually better than I expected it to be.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

My favorite thing about SG-1 is how the first few seasons aired on Showtime so the pilot episode had obligatory tits out of nowhere.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Wait, two? I know he and Lexa Doig are married but who else did he hook up with?

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Tighclops posted:

I always loved that at least once a season, Teal'C would gently caress off on some crazy one man assault mission to rescue his kid or his old man buddy or one of his many hot ex girlfriends. He would invariably slaughter dozens of enemy soldiers in increasingly badass ways before getting captured just short of his goal by the main bad guy, causing his friends to mount their own rescue mission to save him and unfuck everything

The show was solid fun for like 5-6 seasons and then it just felt like they were spinning their wheels and it got a little too jokey/bantery. Like Daniel Jackson goes from being the conscience of the team to this buff sarcastic dude and it sort of makes sense because of all the nutty poo poo they go through but at the same time it was kind of lovely toward the end. Atlantis was alright too because the characters were really likable but by then it really stretched believability that they'd be able to keep any of this poo poo secret

The movie had some incredible production design, great soundtrack, a couple of sweet Kurt Russell one liners and a compelling premise (enough to carry a whole television franchise, anyway) but otherwise it's a mess

Teal'C taping two staff weapons together to clumsily shoot a dozen dudes running blinding towards him was insanely cool and dumb.

Didn't Teal'C kill Wayne Brady too?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Mu Zeta posted:

the pilot episode had obligatory tits out of nowhere.

I always forget about this and am always surprised when it happens.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Trast posted:

Wait, two? I know he and Lexa Doig are married but who else did he hook up with?

This piqued my interest so I looked it up--he had a kid with Vaitiare Bandera, who played Jackson's wife Sha're

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Slanderer posted:

This piqued my interest so I looked it up--he had a kid with Vaitiare Bandera, who played Jackson's wife Sha're

Niiiiice. What a guy.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
As a fan of the Canadian woodlands SG-1 is pretty ace.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Mooey Cow posted:

As much fun as Baal is, they should probably have ended the show after season 8 and that time travel thing. That would have been an excellent final episode. The whole Ori thing was just yet another totally unbeatable enemy until we can get a magic weapon, but this time they are SUPER DUPER unbeatable and dangerous.

Also it sucked that they wrote out Parker Lewis the second Michael Shanks signed that new contract or whatever was the deal with that whole deal. Then they just mention off hand that the Ori hosed up his planet, oh welp.

The last season was awful, except for the episode with Fred Willard which had some absolutely killer poo poo. The joke episode with the Team America: World Police puppets (200) was also a highlight, but that whole Ori plotline just sucked.

That, and the ending is basically ignored for the shows and movies that followed--humanity now has the legacy of the Asgard, including Star Trek replicator technology, radical life extension and infinite energy. There's not even the conceit that they need to reverse engineer alien technology, because the Asgard gave them everything.

Atlantis could have been redeemed if they flew back to earth at the end to find it uplifted to a techno-utopia that no one is prepared for lol

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

The the forgetting they got ALL the asgard tech was kinda silly. That and they should have revealed the Stargate Program at the end. They can still fight Goulds and poo poo even if everyone knows about it.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
they kind of probably hung a hat on the idea of going public with an episode late in the series featuring an alternate reality where they had done that and society had collapsed into a totalitarian state because of it

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
It was supposedly part of the plot for the 3rd stargate movie that never got made. I think the creator has shared parts of the script or something, but I never actually looked into it

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Slanderer posted:

It was supposedly part of the plot for the 3rd stargate movie that never got made. I think the creator has shared parts of the script or something, but I never actually looked into it

A staff blast was our first indication that Jaffa had found us. Though the shot missed us, the concussion threw Daniel Jackson into the fast moving river yards below us. For a moment, he broke the surface, but his movements were sluggish - undoubtedly the force of the blow and the power of the water had weakened him. Weighted down by his pack, he sunk below the surface once again before I dove into the river after him. The water was cold - it took my breath away for a moment before I struck out towards where I had last seen him.

The river swept us away quickly from O'Neill and Major Carter. Two staff blasts came from their vicinity, but I could not waste the time to ascertain their status as I searched for Daniel. He broke the surface farther away, closer to the opposite shore, sputtering, choking. I rode a current towards him, waiting until I had been taken a little past him before I struck out for the bank, watching to make sure he would not been carried beyond me. I quickly climbed out and ran for his position. Fortune smiled upon us as he caught onto a downed log, coughing deeply. I managed to seize him by the scruff of his collar and pulled him to the bank. I felt a weak tug as he attempted to scramble out of the river, but his strength was mostly spent, so I hauled him out bodily. As he regained his feet, I scanned the other bank for O'Neill and Major Carter, but we had been taken a great distance. I could no longer even see the hillock from which the Jaffa had fired upon us.

I pulled Daniel into the trees to conceal our movements. We needed to find shelter. Daniel was shivering, his skin pale, his lips blue. River water dripped off of us, giving away our position. In the trees, our passage could be concealed. Slinging an arm around his waist, we slipped into the winter sun-dappled forest to find a place in which to conceal ourselves. I kept my feet from breaking any branches, placing my weight evenly so that the foliage and bracken would bend back into shape. Once I found a hiding place, I would return to cover Daniel Jackson's trail. He stumbled heavily beside me, his shivering intensifying.

In the cliff beyond the trees a small cave beckoned. I quietly went to the entrance, sniffing to see if any large animal inhabited it, but the smells one associates with predators were absent. Cautiously, I crouched in the small entrance. Still nothing moved. I crawled inside as the entrance was not large enough for a man to walk through. Even inside the ceiling was low, but it would suit our purpose well. We could not build a fire here, but the small area would help trap body heat. I would pull the vines low to cover the opening.

Outside, Daniel crouched low, watching for a patrol, even as his lungs wheezed and he fought for breath. His Beretta was in his hand. I touched his shoulder and indicated he should move inside. I helped him out of the backpack before he crawled in. As he slid to one side to allow me access, I pushed in the knapsack.

"I will return momentarily," I whispered to him. I left him as he pulled out the first of many plastic-wrapped bundles. As I retraced our steps, I left O'Neill two markers by which to track us. A broken branch that the Jaffa might find and a compass point with three marks above eye level where a Jaffa would be unlikely to look. He understood my tactics enough that he would unlikely be fooled by any false trail I set.

I heard no activity in the woods. As quickly and quietly as possible, I destroyed our trails, created a false one that led to the scree down the river from where we had climbed, checked the markers, then went back to the cave. I pulled the vines carefully to keep the appearance of the area as pristine as possible, then slowly backed into the space.

Daniel lay on his side, watching me with eyes heavy with exhaustion. His wet clothes lay at the back of the cave. He had pulled out the emergency mylar blanket which he lifted in invitation to lay beside him. I stripped out of my clothes, which had dried somewhat by my body heat.

"Should leave your underwear on," he smiled. "Or I'll be tempted."

"I believe the phrase is 'the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak'." I slid into the space he saved for me.

He sighed softly, relishing our contact. Often when we slept together, I found him closely attached to me to remain as warm as possible. His shivering, which had been eased somewhat by his dry garments, abated completely as my body heat warmed the blanket. Soon his breathing evened out into sleep.

I remained alert, knowing that we could be discovered at any moment. For all the care I had taken, it was still possible that the Jaffa would find us. As Daniel slept, I cleaned his Beretta with the kit he carried. O'Neill had seen to my tutelage with Tau'ri weapons for situations such as this. Even Daniel, who preferred not to utilize weapons, knew how to handle many, including a staff weapon. Such knowledge had saved all of us at one time or other. I would defend our position should it become necessary.

The sun had slanted low when I felt Daniel stir behind me. His lips pressed gently against my shoulder - a simple question.

"There has been no sign they have discovered us, Daniel."

"I hope Jack and Sam found somewhere to hide."

I turned and propped myself on my elbow. I leaned forward and kissed his forehead softly. I had seen Janet Frazier do this to Cassandra when she was younger to test for fever. His skin was warm, but dry.

"You should eat something. Your body is in need of nourishment after such exertion. You should also take an antibiotic."

He chuckled quietly. "MREs are hardly 'nourishment', but if I've got a chili-mac, I'll take that."

I slid to the back of the cave. My clothes had dried and stiffened. His clothes were still damp. I perused our meal selection.
Fortunately, there were two chili-macs. The spaghetti should not be considered edible by any species. His canteen was still attached, so we could have them warm. I filled them to the line, then leaned them against the other wall of the cave and let them heat. As they boiled, I gave Daniel Jackson the indicated pills along with aspirin and water.

Daniel ate with little appetite. He complained his throat hurt from the coughing and the river water. He ate half of the main course and gave the rest to me. There was little reason for it to go to waste, so I finished it, feeling better for having replenished myself. I gave him the canteen so he could help soothe his throat, then replaced all of the items back in the pack. I shook out my clothes and proceeded to dress. The temperature was beginning to drop precipitiously.

"You should kel-no-reem," he said quietly. "I'll take the first watch." With a small smile he rolled over me so he was closer to the entrance and lay prone with his Beretta in hand.

Most Jaffa prefer to sit as they meditate, but we have all learned how to kel-no-reem in any position. I lay on my back, a little apart from him, so as not to distract him and slipped into the healing state.

A few hours later, I awoke to find him in the same position, though I knew he must have moved for his breath smelled of coughdrops. It was dark outside. He had also moved closer to me, undoubtedly discomfited by the cold. The blanket was thrown over his lower back and legs.

I cleared my throat softly. His eyes turned to me, dark and mysterious. Though I could barely see his features, I could see that his lips moved in what I suspected was a smile. "Feel better?"

"Much."

"So far nothing. No Jaffa. No Jack and Sam."

"I heard no horns. Had they been discovered, the Jaffa would have called the others to them. I can only assume that O'Neill and Major Carter found a place to hide as we did."

"As you did," the smile evident in his voice. "All I did was cough and lie around."

"How do you feel?"

He pulled the blanket up and moved closer to me. "Tired mainly. Throat's raw, but that's to be expected. Janet's going to stick me with a lot of needles when we get home." He made a small pleased noise as he snuggled against me.

I kissed his temple. "You should rest, beloved. We will move out tomorrow to search for them."

We quietly shifted positions. I listened for a while to ascertain that we were, at present, still undiscovered, then I spooned up behind him. He plastered himself against me, revelling in my warmth. "You feel so good."

"You should sleep."

He brought my hand to his lips. "I'm still a little too wound up, but we can't do too much. My lungs won't tolerate it and I finally managed to get the hacking down."

"You are wise to understand that." I cupped his jaw gently and kissed his temple again. "We will have to defer our pleasure until we return to Stargate Command."

He gave a small amused huff. "And after Janet lets me out of the torture room."

I tilted my head to look out the entrance. If there was a satellite around this world, it had not risen. The skies were clear and cloud-free which explained why the temperature had dropped so quickly. The Jaffa would be unhappy in this environment.

"A penny for them."

"You sound like O'Neill."

He smothered a laugh, then gave a soft cough. "Don't make me laugh." There was a waxy crinkly noise and he smelled again of cherry cough lozenges.

"I was thinking that the Jaffa will be uncomfortable in this weather. They will, most likely, guard the gate and attempt to block our return to Earth."

He nodded. "We should probably go to the gate first and see if Jack and Sam are there."

"My precise thoughts."

I could feel his weight shift as his exhaustion became more evident. "I love you," he said softly.

"And I you, my Daniel." I kissed his cheek. "Sleep."

He nuzzled my hand, then I heard his breath slowly even out. When he was completely asleep, I disentangled myself, unhappy at his distressed murmur. But he did not wake. Usually I could not do so without rousing him, but his fatigue kept him in Morpheus' arms. I turned back to guard duty with the Beretta in hand. A little time later he turned over in his sleep and spooned himself against my back.

It was deep into the night when I heard the horns. Daniel, startled, woke behind me, but he did not speak. We knew what it meant.

"It will do no good for us to pursue them in the dark, my love," I told him softly. I felt him nod. Soon he had fallen back into a healing sleep.

When dawn broke, I felt him stir behind me. "We should eat before we return to the gate, Daniel. We can refill your canteen at the river."

He nodded. Quickly and quietly we made our breakfast, put Daniel's now dry clothes into the knapsack. I waited to be certain that we had not been discovered, then we crawled out, blinking in the morning sun. Daniel stretched, then popped another cough lozenge in his mouth.

Over the years O'Neill and I had taught Daniel much about survival. Though he was not as expert as us, he followed me well, keeping a wary eye out for enemies. At the river I kept watch as he filled the canteen. I drank my fill, then he drank his before he refilled it and reattached it to the knapsack. Moving farther up the river, we found an area to ford. I kept an eye out for any scouts or look outs but none had been set. Daniel was shivering after we had crossed, but he did not allow it to slow him.

As I had suspected, the Jaffa were camped at the Chappa'ai. Kneeling, their hands bound behind them, were O'Neill and Major Carter. Cuts spoke of some abuse, but they were not seriously injured. Most of the Jaffa encircled the area, watching the trees for us.

"Answer me, Sholva!" the Prime yelled as if he had been calling for quite some time. "I will kill them!"

Daniel's mouth was set in a grim thin line as he watched the Prime heft his staff weapon and aim it at O'Neill's head. He unlimbered the knapsack quietly. "I'm going to create a distraction," he whispered, handing me the Beretta. He tucked his K-bar into its sheath, sliding it into his boot, hoping it would not be noticed until it was too late.

He ran out, waving his arms. The Jaffa crouched for a moment, but thought he was of no threat. They had, indeed, recognized us as SG-1, so they were well aware that the "scholar" was one of the members missing. As I had thought, they dropped their guard. He ran towards our captured members, seemingly heedless of the danger he was in. He had reached them, then began coughing, falling all over Major Carter.

I knew the instant O'Neill had the knife. His body straightened just a little as he pushed aside Daniel's leg as if disentangling himself. The majority of the Jaffa laughed at their antics and a few derisive comments were thrown in Daniel's direction. One drifted closer towards me, back turned. Quickly, I ascertained that I could reach him before our tactics were discovered. As Major Carter and Daniel twisted around each other, less tangled than they would have the Jaffa believe, I crept up as close as possible to the Jaffa, then sprinted to him, emptying the Beretta into his back. As he fell, I obtained his staff weapon, first striking the Jaffa that charged me with the butt of it, then sweeping it in a wide arc to take out three more and drive them away from the rest of SG-1. The Prime snarled orders, but chaos had set in.

O'Neill, his hands now free, managed to grab the Prime's staff weapon. Though O'Neill could not wrest it from his hands, the Prime could not direct his attention to his men. Two shots missed me, then Major Carter was flying, butting one in his pouch with her head. I charged the next Jaffa, breaking his jaw with a broad sweep of my staff before twisting around low so that the next two shots passed over my head.

I heard a Jaffa behind me, priming his weapon. Quickly, I flipped my staff around and, without seeing my target, fired. A choked-off cry indicated my success, even as a twirl of the haft brought it back into line with one of the Jaffa behind the gate who had fired at me. We fired simultaneously. I leaned back, my shoulders brushing the dirt as the shot passed where my torso would have been. I heard another staff discharge and I rolled out of its path. Flexing my thighs, I surged to my feet. The one Jaffa who kept firing at me now moved, attempting to make himself a less opportune target.

Daniel grabbed the Prime's zatnikitel, as the Prime smashed the butt of his staff into his chest, setting off a round of deep coughs. He sank to the ground, wracked with spasms. O'Neill headbutted the Prime, then turned the staff weapon on a Jaffa aiming at him now that his superior was no longer in his line of fire. I shot the last two with an easy sweep of my weapon, then stalked to the Prime, who was attempting to beat O'Neill down. I reopened the weapon beneath his nose.

"If you wish to live, Jaffa, desist."

Cold brown eyes regarded me. "Sholva!" he spat. With a flick of my wrist, the butt of the weapon met his face, breaking his nose and sending him to unconsciousness. He did not deserve to die honorably. Major Carter walked up to O'Neill and turned her back to him so he could free her. Once the ropes parted, she proceeded to the Dial Home Device and entered the coordinates for Earth, then sent the signal.

I helped Daniel to his feet as his spasms abated. He nodded to indicate his readiness to travel.

As soon as we reached the SGC, the iris closed.

"You're a day early," General Hammond said as we stepped down the ramp.

"Yeah, someone invited a bunch of Jaffa to our mineral survey. We figured we'd leave the party and let them have their own fun."

The General shook his head. "Report to the infirmary. The briefing will be in two hours."

We proceeded as ordered. Dr. Frazier took one look at us and her eyes narrowed as soon as she noticed Daniel's inability to maintain eye contact. She pulled him aside and drew the privacy curtain as a nurse indicated we should sit on other beds, then handed us paper examining robes. They performed the usual tests as O'Neill and Major Carter's wounds were cleaned and bandages provided. By the time we had finished, Dr. Frazier opened the curtain.

"Don't argue with me, Daniel. You're staying on base overnight. I just want to make sure that you don't develop pneumonia. We have no idea of what kind of organisms you may have swallowed from that river."

"Well, we have a canteen with some of that water in it."

Her smile was full of teeth. "Very good. But it doesn't change my prescription. Antibiotics, food, sleep and you're going to stay in the SGC overnight. Keep arguing with me and you'll be in the infirmary all night."

"Yes, ma'am," he said meekly.

"Go to the briefing, but don't talk too much. Ok, you can all leave." She gave Daniel one last assessing look, then entered her office.

I had lit only five candles. Their light barely reached beyond the bed, cloaking the room in darkness. Daniel arrived quietly. His blue eyes met mine in the dim light, his smile broad. He locked the door behind him then practically threw himself into my arms. Frantic kisses covered my face and neck as he scrabbled at my clothes, trying to rip them from me. I stilled his hands.

"Daniel?"

"I'm sorry," he whispered, kissing me. "I couldn't wait."

I cupped his cheek in my hand. He had obviously recently shaved, knowing I liked his skin smooth. He turned his lips to my palm, then closed his eyes as he softly nipped the pad of my thumb. I leaned into his neck, breathing in his clean scent. He moaned.

"We shouldn't be too acrobatic, my Daniel. You cannot scream without hurting yourself."

He snickered. Slowly, he unbuttoned my shirt, hands brushing my skin deliberately. His fingers caressed my nipples, then he bent down and laved one, the tip of his tongue then twining around it. I laced my fingers in his soft hair. His tongue then moved down to the folds of my pouch, tracing them until I could no longer remain passive. He started to kneel, but I caught his face and pulled him up to me. I led him to the bed. He sat on it, then undid my belt and trousers. He pet me through the underwear, then his tongue slipped inside the slit, his breath warm against my member.

"Daniel." His face turned up to mine. "Your throat is too sore for this."

His breath gusted on me as he huffed in frustration. "drat."

"Let me."

He lay back on the bed as I stripped off the rest of my clothes. I pinched three of the candles, dimming the rest of the room, save the head of the bed. His skin, golden in candlelight, tempted my fingers as I climbed into the bed behind him enfolding him in my arms. Blindly, he reached in the nightstand, withdrawing a battered tube. He squeezed a generous amount of the lube on his fingers, then faced me. Long fingers slicked my member with strokes guaranteed to inflame my passion. When he had me panting and groaning, he reached behind to ready himself. Watching his eyes close against the sensations he wrought upon himself, I growled, seized his hand, quickly flipped him to his other side and pushed his leg up, exposing him to me. My fingers thrust inside to finish his preparation.

Daniel's head arced back into my shoulder. A lush groan filled my ears. His voice, breathless, chanted my name. Slowly, surely, I entered him, thrusting into his tight channel until I was completely ensheathed. Rocking deeply in his warmth, I took him with exquisite gentleness, reaching in front of him for his member slick with ejaculate. Tenderly, I rubbed the head, breathing in his phermones as he moaned, swivelling his hips against me. We moved with no intent to rush, enjoying the give and take of our bodies until I could no longer hold back. I rolled his scrotum in my other hand, rewarded with a gasp as his penis hardened completely. With a near sob, he came, his anal muscles clenching hard upon me. I thrust twice more into him before I filled him.

I slid from him, nearly echoing his abandoned moan. He turned in my arms. His lips touched my cheek then he leaned up and kissed my lips. "I love you, Teal'c. Always." The arm tightened. Soon he was asleep, smiling gently against my chest. I played with his hair as I contemplated that deferred pleasures were oftentimes the best.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what's with the wall of text? we already established that michael shanks impregnated christopher judge.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

TheMaskedUgly fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Aug 7, 2019

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Look up the wives of Christopher Judge. Dude definitely has a type.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

I enjoyed the movie well enough, and even had it on VHS at one point, but I never got into the show for some reason. My wife is a longtime fan and we're finally going through it together on Prime now, I think I'm about 8-10 episodes in maybe. I've heard lots of people say it gets way better, but so far even season 1 has been pretty enjoyable, actually better than I expected it to be.
The show definitely gets better after the first season, and then unfortunately when the regulars start leaving it dips with a really goofy plot. The final episode was pretty blah but apparently they were expecting another season and instead that got canceled so the series wrapped up with a made for tv movie, which was pretty fun and a decent way to end it.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I liked the plot line of Daniel ascending, and I thought Jonas was a cool dude. Kicking Jonas out and then undoing Daniel's ascension seemed like a bad move and was probably where I felt the series was starting to slide downhill - there's a very obvious point where RDA hasn't quit yet but is clearly sleepwalking through being there.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
I genuinely liked Atlantis, as some others have also said. In fact I got so into it that I stopped watching SG1 and I've never actually finished it.

I looooved what Universe looked like at first, I even like the various dramas and scheming amongst the crew. But it wasn't Stargate, and by the time the actual Stargate world started to become a relevant part of the show it was too late and interest had waned. I did absolutely love their time travel episode though. Stargate was always so great at those, I'm not sure why. I guess the in-universe tech just had a lot of great devices that could support those sorts of stories.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

SG-1 was extremely good. I think by the time I really got into it, they were already into the shittier seasons where they bring in a bunch of randos, but we got plenty of re-runs of the older episodes so I got to see the good poo poo too.

My brother went to the Air Force Academy with Christopher Judge's son and apparently got to meet the man himself briefly. Said it was really weird to see him wandering around in normal clothes and nothing on his forehead.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Slanderer posted:

Didn't Teal'C kill Wayne Brady too?

I can't watch that episode, I just cannot take Wayne Brady seriously

like he appears and speaks I'm expecting Colin Mochrie to run in and tell everyone to do it again, except like they really need to go to the bathroom

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
i watched sg-1 a few years ago through the season where daniel jackson or whatever the nerd dude's name is ascended and got replaced, kind of lost interest at that point. i should go back and watch at least until macguyver leaves. i can't imagine watching the show without him.

i really liked some of the ideas the show had. there were some neat pretty hard sci-fi concepts. i remember that one where the stargate connected to a black hole or some poo poo, and time was like way slower/faster depending on the distance from the gate. that was a really cool episode. also, of course, one of the most fun time loop episodes in sci-fi history. i found that my favorite episodes were those one offs with really great concepts. a lot of the over arching plot, especially the space egyptian poo poo, got really tired after a while. it felt like anubis or whatever the main villian from early on just kept coming back and i was getting sick of it.

i also liked how it was a sci fi show, but like not futuristic. what i mean is, it's modern day military with p90s just jumping into space planets. they don't have phasers and shields and poo poo. it was a cool little twist on the sci-fi show concept. of course, they would take advantage of the tech when necessary, but in the end it was 20-21st century tech and humans jumping head first into space travel, without the spaceship level tech needed.

anyway it's pretty good and i will eventually watch the rest. it's no babylon 5, but nothing compares to that.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
I loved that show until the last 2 seasons. I watch a few seasons at least every year. The loop episode is just fantastic.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Pham Nuwen posted:

I think by the time I really got into it, they were already into the shittier seasons where they bring in a bunch of randos, but we got plenty of re-runs of the older episodes so I got to see the good poo poo too

I remember very vividly the trailer for the next episode after the first episode I watched after catching up. So what was I rewarded with after a week break between episodes for the first time?

"On the next episode of Stargate SG-1 Teal'c is trapped inside a videogame!"

At least there's a few good scenes in that episode that make it worth watching but it's pretty bad overall. The entire premise is just dumb and you could throw the good scenes into another episode just fine.

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

Pham Nuwen posted:

SG-1 was extremely good. I think by the time I really got into it, they were already into the shittier seasons where they bring in a bunch of randos, but we got plenty of re-runs of the older episodes so I got to see the good poo poo too.

I did enjoy the joke about Ben Browder and Claudia Black being the co-stars from Farscape. They snuck that one in in the last season.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

I don’t get why anyone would watch t.v like this when they could just watch anime instead.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Season 7 is when the show really started to go downhill.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i really liked the episode when they got zapped by something and started seeing these giant gross bugs all over everything. they panicked and tried to get rid of the bugs but it turned out they were just seeing what was always there, and they were harmless life forms that had always been there, out of phase with reality. it had all the parts of a standard crisis in the base episode but there wasn't really a crisis at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

indeed