Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.
Just opened the game up for the first time in a while. Accumulated a fair bit of harobux since they mess up every time they patch. Did like 4 10 pulls and:

Got almost nothing new. :bang:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I blew 9k chips trying to get an Ace Excl. head for my ranged build and, as usual, got mostly junk and then a few parts for other slots in the gundam that I can't use in my main build so were relegated to the third guy. But hey, 300% modifier on the event so I can earn worthless other parts!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Apparently the backpack from the event is supposed to be good? I haven't tried it since I don't really have a reason to.

The event suits are very anemic once you start having a reasonable collection of 4-star native parts. Every so often you get a part in there that has more than a niche use like the Tallgeese II head, but overall the suits are aggressively mediocre at best.

I pulled the Hi-Nu Gundam backpack, which is really all I wanted. After going Captain Ahab on the Unicorn and Kshatriya, I'm pretty much set with this game. It's all collecting random junk and watching my little robots fight now.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

The actual winner from this event was the pilot, if you farm him up to max his initial cooldown reduction skill he compares favorably to most 4* pilots in that niche for speed builds.

Similarly, for technique builds, the new arena coins pilot is incredible for a 3*. 4* tier attack, and the passive can be huge in the right build when farmed up. The new arena arms are also great, 25% attack power when maxed out. Their tags are basically the only thing keeping them from literally the best melee arms in the game (after you've farmed 1 to upgrade and 12 duplicates) .

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Warmachine posted:

Apparently the backpack from the event is supposed to be good? I haven't tried it since I don't really have a reason to.
I pulled the Hi-Nu Gundam backpack, which is really all I wanted.
I maxed the Noir backpack for Arena, 'cause my shooter didn't have a good skill beyond stat-ups and this backpack's skill is a multi-shot usable immediately.
So apparently they cranked up enemy defense by a factor of 4 or 5 for Arena, so the skill doesn't do a goddamn thing. Nor do, uh, any of my attacks. Getting fuckin' destroyed.
Also can I ask what's so great about the Hi-nu backpack? Is it just a looks thing? People on Reddit also go on and on about wanting it, but funnels are basically useless.

Octatonic posted:

The new arena arms are also great, 25% attack power when maxed out. Their tags are basically the only thing keeping them from literally the best melee arms in the game (after you've farmed 1 to upgrade and 12 duplicates) .
Hoo rah, so glad I just blew my Premium Material load on Barbatos arms.

Also this new event better have a shitload of cash prizes cause this Noir one had gently caress all and I am BROKE.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

The good news is that the Fourth Form arms are still really valuable, and easier to fit into a build. Protag/close combat are both great tags. (Gundam chest might have been the better pickup for both of us, oops). Plus, if high health 3v3 arena continues to be a regular thing, you can have one melee suit rocking fourth form arms and another with the high-mobility gelgoog arms now.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I'm currently stalled on what part to get. I may go for the Exia or Impulse backpacks, whatever those SS-tier screen-locking finishers are. I've already got a nice Long Shooter main suit with virtually everything you could want for a Long Shooter. It's hard to purchase rare parts for a suit that just doinks around in the background during fights, though.

The Mace could also be good, but I got some SLASH CRUCH BLADE in all caps that has a melee attack of 3.9k, so it seems more prudent to replace another one of my parts with a good skill.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Diet Poison posted:

I maxed the Noir backpack for Arena, 'cause my shooter didn't have a good skill beyond stat-ups and this backpack's skill is a multi-shot usable immediately.
So apparently they cranked up enemy defense by a factor of 4 or 5 for Arena, so the skill doesn't do a goddamn thing. Nor do, uh, any of my attacks. Getting fuckin' destroyed.
Also can I ask what's so great about the Hi-nu backpack? Is it just a looks thing? People on Reddit also go on and on about wanting it, but funnels are basically useless.

Hoo rah, so glad I just blew my Premium Material load on Barbatos arms.

Also this new event better have a shitload of cash prizes cause this Noir one had gently caress all and I am BROKE.

It's 100% a looks thing. This game is all about Gundam Barbie for me, with a secondary of collect my favorite robots.

The increased endurance in arena made my rounds last night extremely hair raising, so it has that going for it. Jury is still out on whether this will remain interesting and fun or become tedious.

Zodack posted:

I'm currently stalled on what part to get. I may go for the Exia or Impulse backpacks, whatever those SS-tier screen-locking finishers are. I've already got a nice Long Shooter main suit with virtually everything you could want for a Long Shooter. It's hard to purchase rare parts for a suit that just doinks around in the background during fights, though.

The Mace could also be good, but I got some SLASH CRUCH BLADE in all caps that has a melee attack of 3.9k, so it seems more prudent to replace another one of my parts with a good skill.

I liked the mace when cinematic EX skills were still a rarity, but now there's just more options out there. The Beam Javelin has Protag and CC word tags and a filler EX skill. I can then get my cinematic EX from Red Frame legs, Guison Rebake backpack, Impulse backpack... while having a more favorable set of active word tags.

My infighter suit right now is:

Head: Tallgeese II
Arms: Barbatos 4
Chest: Exia
Legs: Red Frame
Back: Tallgeese EW
Ranged: 57mm Strike Beam Rifle
Melee: Beam Javelin
Shield: Exia
Pilot: Lowe

I think it's effective MAttack is something north of 17k? Idk, it looks pretty, it's efficient. Could swap the head for X Divider, but I like the plume.

Warmachine fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 3, 2019

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
BTW if you were dumb like me and previously maxed out a Tallgeese II head at Lv 8/Lv 60 and want to get it to Lv10 for those sweet two percent extra, it will cost you F I V E more heads from the shop. Fortunately you'll get a shitload of materials from doing the event missions enough to get their rewards, and there's nothing else worth getting from this "old event parts coming back" shop.
Also don't sleep on this Char's Zaku multiplayer thing. If you do the Very Hard mission (not hard at all) 15 times (costs you nothing if other people host the room) you get a pink circuit, and I think it's only open for another day.
One more: There's a pink circuit fragment in the Event Coins shop, but you need two to make a circuit out of it. Anyone seen anywhere you can actually get a second yet, or is this just some "wait for the next event" poo poo?

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

I assume that the other awakening fragment is from the next round of scenario battles for this event. They haven't given us any type of materials to buy with coins yet that doesn't round out evenly so far.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I keep tricking myself into thinking I should hold on to certain blues for a "tank build" or "support build" but then I wake up to the reality of being able to solo everything. Was hoping the Red Comet event would cause me to make a new build or be pretty difficult but instead it's a cakewalk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Huh, the crossbone sword is excellent for tech build shooters. The chest is protagonist/ close combat with more attack than most purple chests. This is a pretty dang good event robot.A lot of these parts have niches.