Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
I wonder if they still plan T10 as the Steam launch. That's really what I want to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Tale 9 is mostly a ghost town, and Tale 10 is in alpha. Hopefully we'll have more news soon.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Things must be desperate if they're charging for alpha access.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Freakazoid_ posted:

Things must be desperate if they're charging for alpha access.

Nah, they couldn't have made more than a couple-few hundred off it. The price was stupid cheap. That said, it is a sad departure from the free alphas and betas offered before a new Telling.

I do wish they'd focus on making the drat endgame fun though. Something is wrong if people enjoy the grindiest portion then poof.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Erev posted:

Nah, they couldn't have made more than a couple-few hundred off it. The price was stupid cheap. That said, it is a sad departure from the free alphas and betas offered before a new Telling.

I do wish they'd focus on making the drat endgame fun though. Something is wrong if people enjoy the grindiest portion then poof.

Part of it is that early in the game progress is rapid and very visible. People are getting their instant gratification in rapid succession. As things progress "new" things open much more slowly and the skills/tasks become much more complex than clicking on brick rack or flax and most people's monkey brains shut down at that point, because it's difficult AND slow.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
News~

* Tale 10 is tentatively coming out on May 28th, but that's subject to change.
* There won't be another alpha or beta.
* No, T10 will not be coming out on Steam.
* Tale 9 is now Free-To-Play
* Affables will be returning for T10. Probably going to camp in the Herakleopolis valley again.

If anyone is interested in giving T9 a try just to get a sense of the game, shoot me a PM. I'm not logging into game much unless there's a reason.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
There was no way they were going to have an open beta after charging for alpha. Disappointing.

TheJanitor
Apr 17, 2007
Ask me about being the strongest janitor since Roger Wilco
Anyone know what the state of my veggie / firewatching macros are now at the end of tale 9? Also are they planning to make any changes that could break them for 10? Might log in again before 10 starts and get the macros ready so we can grow from day 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

New Tale, new thread!