Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i didnt notice the AI because i was too busy thinking about the body horror

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i didnt notice the AI because i was too busy thinking about the body horror

it was apparently just for those "we'll be right back" shots. now that im thinking about maybe that was why it worked at being kinda offputting. AI ftw.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The Scouring of the Shire should have been its own trilogy.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the scouring of the shire is just what happens when you eat bad taco bell

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

it was apparently just for those "we'll be right back" shots. now that im thinking about maybe that was why it worked at being kinda offputting. AI ftw.

i learned later it was a skeleton that was touched up by artists and while i hate ai more than life itself i didnt get the controversy over it lol

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i learned later it was a skeleton that was touched up by artists and while i hate ai more than life itself i didnt get the controversy over it lol

artists should be allowed to slack off too, just like real workers

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

This is why AI isn't going anywhere. For all its flaws, there are always cases where "good enough" is good enough, especially if it's also much cheaper.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Late Night with the Devil wasn't great or anything but was surprisingly fun for a "found footage" horror comedy. the budget actually looked lower than a 70s late night show, but the performances really elevate what couldve been truly awful. didnt even notice the AI, dont care.

more or less the same take i have. it was fun, won't revisit it tho

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe
the only reason they keep making "found footage" movies is because BWP made almost $250 million off a sub $1 million budget 25 years ago

I've never seen a single one that was actually good

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Spergin Morlock posted:

the only reason they keep making "found footage" movies is because BWP made almost $250 million off a sub $1 million budget

it's not my favorite genre but BWP is interesting/novel for its time, moreso the social milieu of it, but REC is decent. i guess cloverfield was OK.

e: District 9 apparently counts as a found footage genre and that is a good movie. i completely forgot it was but I don't really consider it so.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 05:00 on Apr 28, 2024

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe
I downloaded a copy of BWP a couple months before it even came out and didn't finish it because the "sobbing through handfuls of snot" poo poo got old REALLY fast

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Spergin Morlock posted:

the only reason they keep making "found footage" movies is because BWP made almost $250 million off a sub $1 million budget 25 years ago

blair witch project is good

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

blair witch project is good

for the producers bank account, sure. terrible otherwise

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
in addition to District 9, Europa Report was pretty good (not great) too. so i think there are good ones but ones where it's not used as a gimmick

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Late Night is basically a creepypasta for the Larry Sanders Show

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Spergin Morlock posted:

for the producers bank account, sure. terrible otherwise

you will pay for this opinion

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Late Night is basically a creepypasta for the Larry Sanders Show

its the SCP where Ronald Reagan is on a VHS tape getting mutilated during a speech

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Late Night with the Devil was awesome and maybe one of my favorite horror flicks from the last couple years. The practical effects made up for the dumb AI images imo. the crowd at the theater where I saw it cracked the gently caress up at the million production companies credited in the beginning

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Blair Witch haters are just mad because they got fooled by state of the art marketing

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Blair Witch haters are just mad because they got fooled by state of the art marketing

it fooled me but i was a child and hell it made even better when i watched the fake sci-fi documentary and read the website

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

It's really funny that one of the three main characters in the Fallout show is named Cooper Howard and there are plenty of lines like "You're right, Mr. Howard" and also he's the coolest character.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
thats because todd is pure cool

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

The whole bluey cuckchair ”discussion” all spawned from a onion article that people for some reason took seriously

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

been listening to rilo Kiley at work tonight, up to more adventurous right now. I never is such a good song.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

WampaLord posted:

It's really funny that one of the three main characters in the Fallout show is named Cooper Howard and there are plenty of lines like "You're right, Mr. Howard" and also he's the coolest character.

hes named after gary cooper and howard hawks

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

McCloud posted:

The whole bluey cuckchair ”discussion” all spawned from a onion article that people for some reason took seriously

The culture war weirdos are basically engaged in constant improv where any relation to reality or sanity is entirely optional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Tankbuster posted:

hes named after gary cooper and howard hawks

Howard Cooper would have made more sense then