Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

canyoneer posted:

2 of our 3 deliveries would have been fatal to baby or baby and mom together.

staying with babby in the nicu was pretty distressing but it was encouraging to remember that everything was going to work out in the end.
it'll be ok my dude. the rule in hospitals is don't be worried unless the doctors and nurses are worried (and it takes a LOT to shake them)

They were worried, trust me :D But now, it's fine. We feel safe, a small infection is rather common stuff.

<3 <3 Vanisher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe

stay safe human pupper

Heather Papps

hello friend

Bobby Deluxe posted:

stay safe human pupper

WOLFCREW

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Stay safe wolfchild and congratulations mom on the hardest job of all!!! I hope she feels better soon and I hope Lil Babby Wolf is out on the hunt with Mom soon.

Oh yeah congratulations dad too.

Goons Are Gifts

So glad the baby finally left its castle and joined us in the alive crew!!
Big hugs and respect to the brave mommy and the also brave you for making it through, you earned a long break from all stress, but now you have a baby anddddd well you'll make it!!

Escape From Noise

Uxzuigal posted:

The birth was poo poo, critical condition for baby at the end but pulled though, ambulance to Newborn ICU - better now but fighting a infection. Should be ok but, needs a few days. Wife is OK but exhausted.

People who consider home birth are retards. We had perfect pregnancy and this would have killed both wife and kid if we didn't have hopsital, don't be a retard.

Uhoh. I was born at home. Better get my brain checked...

I'm glad things are good! I hope things continue that way!

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

WOLFCREW

hamjobs posted:

Stay safe wolfchild and congratulations mom on the hardest job of all!!! I hope she feels better soon and I hope Lil Babby Wolf is out on the hunt with Mom soon.

Oh yeah congratulations dad too.

WOLFCREWWOLFCREWWOLFCREW

<3 <3 Vanisher

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
Update : Doing better, no immediate danger for her life. She has sepsis but is being treated and is responding well. Done a spinal tap (not the cool kind) to check for suspected meningitis, the spinal fluid was clear in color which is a good sign but no answers until later on.

<3 <3 Vanisher

Escape From Noise

Uxzuigal posted:

Update : Doing better, no immediate danger for her life. She has sepsis but is being treated and is responding well. Done a spinal tap (not the cool kind) to check for suspected meningitis, the spinal fluid was clear in color which is a good sign but no answers until later on.

Hang in there baby! Seriously though, that sounds stressful as all heck. I'm huggin' you tight through the internet.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Hang in there baby! Seriously though, that sounds stressful as all heck. I'm huggin' you tight through the internet.

<3 Thanks, we are hanging in here - I have a "day off" now and will travel back tomorrow so that at least ONE parent is fully rested. No point in having two exhausted parents.

<3 <3 Vanisher

Heather Papps

hello friend

Uxzuigal posted:

:unsmith:

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Bobby Deluxe

Uxzuigal posted:

Done a spinal tap (not the cool kind) to check for suspected meningitis,
oh no the drummer has meningitis :ohdear:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Uxzuigal posted:

<3 Thanks, we are hanging in here - I have a "day off" now and will travel back tomorrow so that at least ONE parent is fully rested. No point in having two exhausted parents.

No parent should be fully rested!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
my thought the entire time during the pregnancy and birth process was "this is nuts, why does anybody choose to do this more than once?!"