Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Chimera-gui posted:

Before doing anything in the Donglin Forest, there are a few things I feel I should address:
  • The reason you're told to wear the Flying Squirrel Clothes while in the Kujara Ranch Summit is because you instantly freeze upon setting foot outside without them just as you would if you stayed idle in the lower half of the Ranch without them.

Yeah, we discovered that....at some point. It might have been on a re-take, or off-camera. Doesn't apply on ladders, though! :v:

quote:

• You may also want to both play Hide and Seek and get the dreg of the other Ice Anemone since the former gives a reward while the latter is tied to an optional side quest in Donglin Forest.

I think we came across that later, too.

quote:

It would also be a good idea to go into studio.youtube.com under "Settings", "Channel" and "Advanced Settings" so you can pre-set that and not have to worry about reviewing it each time you upload a new video.

We'll have to take care of that. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Man, the laugh/cry mushrooms really creeped me out as a kid. The forcibly altering your emotions stuff was scary enough, but the fact that it took away your attack for a seemingly indefinite amount of time turned it into a straight up horror show for me.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Beartaco posted:

Man, the laugh/cry mushrooms really creeped me out as a kid. The forcibly altering your emotions stuff was scary enough, but the fact that it took away your attack for a seemingly indefinite amount of time turned it into a straight up horror show for me.

The SFX on this one aren't nearly as amusing as the last game :shroom:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Professor Duck posted:

The SFX on this one aren't nearly as amusing as the last game :shroom:

But that's not true about the music! Well... some of the music anyway. This game seems way less consistent than the first one in a lot of ways but I have to admit I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnX325ujTic

Danny Elfman? More like Danny Cave... man. ugh. sorry :negative:

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Dewgy posted:

Danny Elfman? More like Danny Cave... man. ugh. sorry :negative:

Boooooo

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Yeah, you were intended to return the gold fish hook to its owner before even going to the region of the Coal-Mining Town though better to do it now than after finishing with the Circus Village and you'll understand why when you do.

The room of the laughing door up the ladder in the laughing/crying forest has a button you push into place before hitting it with a hammer which rotates some of the platforms/grapple points.

Donglins are the humanoid inhabitants of the Forest and the potato bug is needed for a sidesquest involving Charles but you need to do something in the Summit before you can do it.

And the you do need to be a ghost to go though the Ghost Sticker as you seemed to believe.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Nov 20, 2019

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Oh man, I do not remember the creepy pig clown village at all.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Beartaco posted:

Oh man, I do not remember the creepy pig clown village at all.

Probably better that way....

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
What's your thoughts on creepy pig cults?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1ZYjnvEIxI

It's just a test plan from the looks of things, but I like where they're going with this.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Trouble with the trolley eh? This mini-game is in fact worst than the Kujara cleaning since .

Yeah much like with the first game, the Evil Pig's door is never in the area the Pig actually cursed. You probably shouldn't be looking for the Evil Pigs right now anyway since you need to have gotten something from the Water Temple to get one of the doors.

Also it's entirely possible that the Evil Pigs are members of the Pig Tribe who've gone rogue since the Pig Tribe are magic users as shown with the Carpenter book.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Nov 24, 2019

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Bullshit as it may be, t that trolley minigame looks pretty fun. You can book it in that thing!

Also that Paon is cute as hell.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Beartaco posted:

It's an interesting design--wish it got used for more than just one little quest.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Beartaco posted:

Bullshit as it may be, t that trolley minigame looks pretty fun. You can book it in that thing!

It’s pretty impressive how fast it feels for a PS1 game yeah. Fun....eh, jury’s out on that. It’s right in the neighborhood of Gold Saucer chocobo races.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
And a happy Thanksgiving to y'alls! Once you have some time to digest, you can sooth your soul and wait for that precious, precious tryptophan to kick in l by watching a weird caveman dressed as a pig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQlM1z-2Ql8

Fun for the whole family! Less boring than football! Probably.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Wow, that was an elaborate boss arena for a fight where you just jump on his head a few times. The introduction cutscene has him rolling around the arena in a snowball, do you think they ran out of budget there?

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Beartaco posted:

Wow, that was an elaborate boss arena for a fight where you just jump on his head a few times. The introduction cutscene has him rolling around the arena in a snowball, do you think they ran out of budget there?

Or just ran out of ideas, perhaps. They made everything 3D, but had no idea how to implement it really well in the pig fights. Each one, the depth of the area and being able to move in 3D seemed like an afterthought.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Speaking of afterthoughts, this part has a new minigame!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hihs_U1ehg

Man, remember minigames? Yeah, they sucked. :v: I kind of miss them still. :shobon:

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Dewgy posted:

Speaking of afterthoughts, this part has a new minigame!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hihs_U1ehg

Man, remember minigames? Yeah, they sucked. :v: I kind of miss them still. :shobon:

Not THOSE minigames...

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Yeah, the Mine is what leads to the endgame so I would not mess with it until you're actually ready.

The mice houses in the Pipe Area, Dongling Forest and Circus Village are for unlocking the memory card examiner feature of the temple which requires you to take the chicks to the nest where you got the Rare fish. You need to have fed them before you can make them into Nishiki Birds.

There's also the switch in the Laughing Crying Forest which needs to be hit with the Hammer in order to make the creature jump up from the water.

The fruit that makes you laugh/cry at will is behind the crying door you keep passing in the Ranch Summit.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Oh my god, I can't believe they left that blooper in. I think he pronounced Nishiki Birds differently each time.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Prowler posted:

Oh my god, I can't believe they left that blooper in. I think he pronounced Nishiki Birds differently each time.

That was the best thing to happen this entire playthrough :v:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
This whole game’s been a hoot so far if I’m being totally honest. Anyhoot, I can’t think of any clever quips to go with this video, so have at it. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmFTu1nB7w0

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Dewgy posted:

This whole game’s been a hoot so far if I’m being totally honest. Anyhoot, I can’t think of any clever quips to go with this video, so have at it. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmFTu1nB7w0

MORE OVERLY-ARTICULATED PIG rear end :v:

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Okay, apparently Tomba should not be normal size, since you're required to be in the Mini form when you fetch the Nishiki Birds.

Makrond
Aug 8, 2009

Now that I have all the animes, I can finally
become Emperor of Japan!
The mouse also tells you to use the feather to transport you and the birds back to the temple instantly :ssh:

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Can someone please gif the twerking pig?

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Beartaco posted:

Can someone please gif the twerking pig?

Stupid sexy pig Tomba...

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The Rocks are breakable iirc, but I think it requires either one of the special weapons or a Pig Robe.

Edit: You going through the Forest without the Wingsuit irked me slightly if only because that's how I got through with less headache. You also missed a thing in one of those rooms you visited. Also, I never saw that attack pattern from the Earth pig before. Probably because I didn't have that much of an attachment to the Grapple since it's not really much of a weapon. You'll find that Tower of Strength though. Eventually. It's not that hard to find the tower locations once you know what indicates them.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Dec 13, 2019

Torokasi
Jan 13, 2011

Powered up to a level 2 super schmendrick.
Thanks for LPing these games, you two; both of them were a distinct part of my teenage years and being able to relive them through you two has been fantastic.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Xelkelvos posted:

The Rocks are breakable iirc, but I think it requires either one of the special weapons or a Pig Robe.

Edit: You going through the Forest without the Wingsuit irked me slightly if only because that's how I got through with less headache. You also missed a thing in one of those rooms you visited. Also, I never saw that attack pattern from the Earth pig before. Probably because I didn't have that much of an attachment to the Grapple since it's not really much of a weapon. You'll find that Tower of Strength though. Eventually. It's not that hard to find the tower locations once you know what indicates them.

Oh sure, you say that now, and yet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uuK4rfk6_4

We're planning on doing a supplemental video for neat stuff we missed in both games, so this is going on the list, for sure. That and that drat 2 million point thing... Open to suggestions too!

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Torokasi posted:

Thanks for LPing these games, you two; both of them were a distinct part of my teenage years and being able to relive them through you two has been fantastic.

Glad we could send you on a pleasurable nostalgia trip! :shittydog:

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Wait, couldn't you have beaten the game without Baron? Would you get a different ending?

This LP has been a blast! I doubt I ever would have actually gone back to play this, so thank you so much!

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Beartaco posted:

Wait, couldn't you have beaten the game without Baron? Would you get a different ending?

This LP has been a blast! I doubt I ever would have actually gone back to play this, so thank you so much!

I'd imagine that saving Baron isn't a requirement, since it isn't like the first game where you need all the friends to open the door. Unless you're talking about the first game, in which case you probably have to--it doesn't seem like there's really enough depth in the game that allow for something like that.

Glad you enjoyed! :shittydog:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
So, small update! We had a bonus video going where we did a bunch of sidequests and towers and then fart kart racing in Tomba 1, and then it turns out my computer ate like half the goddamn video. :v:

As an apology and while we discuss if we want to do a retake, I share with you a screenshot of one of the parts that didn't get deleted, so you all can share my pain.

In retrospect, I should have known that this was an ill omen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

The fun thing was debating whether or not matching the time was a victory or not. We found that out real quick... :argh: