Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Sylphosaurus posted:

I still don´t understand why Bungie gutted the campaigns so badly when they made the New Light version. You´d think that they´d at least give you the choice of going through the Red War campaign before hitting the other DLC´s in whatever fashion you please.

I get that they want you to be able to go right into the endgame immediately but as a new player I was completely confused as to who any of these people were, why I should care about any of them, what was even this tower I was on, all of it. Red War provided that context when I played it. I definitely agree it should've been put in front of new players more than it was. Even just an popup when you hit the tower of "please, go play Red War, we think it's a good idea" that you can ignore if you want would have been huge.

having a worse new player experience than Warframe is not a goal to strive for and yet here we are

e: what a shameful snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.
Hi, sorry about that huge break. Things happened, but it's fine now. Hopefully we can avoid this happening in the future and not have another Destiny thread situation happen!

Anyway, time we actually got started, eh? So let's go investigate our first real hub-world, the European Dead Zone. While we're at it, let's also do some errands for good old chap Devrim Kay.

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.
DOUBLE POST, ENTIRELY NECESSARY:

https://twitter.com/Pythonicuss/status/1201923825916678144

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Oh, fantastic. I can´t wait to see how much poo poo we get to clean up after senile grandpa Osiris have "helped" us in the next season.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

you weren't kidding when you said you recorded this a long time ago.
tokens, shotgun power weapons. i don't remember that super being so short either.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
There is kind of an equivalent to the Grimoire these days, with Lore triumphs. I just wish they'd backported some of the older lore content (e.g. Mars' inventory items) to the Triumph format so they were referenceable more easily.

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.

malkav11 posted:

There is kind of an equivalent to the Grimoire these days, with Lore triumphs. I just wish they'd backported some of the older lore content (e.g. Mars' inventory items) to the Triumph format so they were referenceable more easily.

Yeah, this is true! I've spent a good while the last several months since we recorded to gather quite a lot of the Triumphs and such, as well as collecting as much of the gear as possible with lore tabs.

Aaaaaand, I also got this thing:

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.
So hey! We were going to record some tonight, but since Shadowkeep happened, we have to start from the beginning! Instead of just doing this alone, I'ma stream it. Come by, say hi, watch Dubi and I be idiots! It'll be a great time!

https://www.twitch.tv/pythonicus

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

For those who don't know.

The dude Pythonicus is screaming about is Saint-14. He's a legendary titan who headbutted a Fallen Kell to death and won the Battle of the Twilight Gap. In D1 there was the hat that you could wear that (on the default coloring) would still show the bump from where he used it. He also led the Guardians on the first expeditions out of the City to start reclaiming the world. When Osiris disappeared, Saint-14 ultimately took off to try to find him. He turned up in Curse of Osiris but I'm not sure how much we're allowed to talk about that.

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.

Pythonicus posted:

Hi, sorry about that huge break. Things happened, but it's fine now. Hopefully we can avoid this happening in the future and not have another Destiny thread situation happen!

This was true at the time, then became untrue, and now it's hopefully back to fine again? I'm going to try and get back on this soonish. Thanks for your patience!

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
You have a knack for posting the day after I start to wonder if the thread is dead.

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.
Yeah, sorry about that. I haven't been entirely lax during the lapse in updates, though. There's been a LOT of work done in getting a lot of endgame things recorded; things such as the first raid, several Exotic unlocks, and both Dungeon activities, to name a few. So, assuming we can actually make our way there eventually, things will at least be fairly smooth for that time period :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Oh, no judgment! I just thought it really funny that you always seem to update right after I start wondering if I should unbookmark the thread!