Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you kis syour servers
Yes
No
Other (specify)
red pandas
View Results

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
to each their own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
i run a workload with 250 individual nodes in it every hour so most of my day is spent giving little kisses to my good lil worker nodse

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Corla Plankun posted:

i run a workload with 250 individual nodes in it every hour so most of my day is spent giving little kisses to my good lil worker nodse

node.ks

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

its 12:07!

that means only one thing... BRING IT IN, GUYS!!!

*every node from every workflow, service, job, cron, and deployment come in and line up for their little kiss*

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Corla Plankun posted:

*every node from every workflow, service, job, cron, and deployment come in and line up for their little kiss*

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Corla Plankun posted:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Silver Alicorn posted:

Also I wanted to say that I've had really poor mental health this year and I'm coming out of it with a royal flush of diagnoses. I'm on a new medication that helps a lot. I have to change the way I look at life and work entirely. I'm also doing CBT (both kinds) which is very helpful.

Mental health is an important thing to take care of. Depression isn't just laziness. If you're unhappy and not sure why, make sure you have a therapist you can see.

:)

KDE Perry
Dec 19, 2012

Grimey Drawer
no, but i do give them a "you did well" pat when they're decommissioned

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Alicorn posted:

Mental health is an important thing to take care of. Depression isn't just laziness. If you're unhappy and not sure why, make sure you have a therapist you can see.

idk man what if I am not depressed and just lazy. don't need a dr to tell me im a piece of poo poo and have it on my medical records. once i looked up my own medical records and it said something about my drinking and that was the day I realised you can't be honest with doctors n poo poo or you won't get insurance

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

idk man what if I am not depressed and just lazy. don't need a dr to tell me im a piece of poo poo and have it on my medical records. once i looked up my own medical records and it said something about my drinking and that was the day I realised you can't be honest with doctors n poo poo or you won't get insurance

one cool trick is living near an international border so u can get stuff checked out in a place where bad news won’t show up for your insurance to see back home

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

fart simpson posted:

one cool trick is living near an international border so u can get stuff checked out in a place where bad news won’t show up for your insurance to see back home

I should really take advantage of this more

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
in new zealand you're always near an international border, and yet it still costs way too much to go somewhere else

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

I listened to this Richard Ayoade interview on Russel Brand’s podcast and he said he enjoys the inherent ridiculousness of people striving for perfection and their inability to ever meet that aspiration. he cited this Aaron sorkin quote ‘drama is intention and obstacle’, and said the intention is our aspirations and the obstacle is us, lol.

He made another good analogy in comparing people’s vision of themselves vs reality as like trying to convey the essence of music by describing it vs listening to it. you gotta have the experience, go through it, to extract the meaning/intent/value

so yeah being a fuckwit is ok, ok

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Jabor posted:

in new zealand you're always near an international border, and yet it still costs way too much to go somewhere else

how come yall pronounce it new zilland

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

their vowels are all shifted up so high that there literally isnt room for the ee sound so they have to drop it back down

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
hug and kiss the computer - but make sure to get consent

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Alicorn posted:

how come yall pronounce it new zilland

a lot of kiwis mumble and slur and that doesn’t help. I go out of my way to speak clearly, it’s not as common as it should be

plus I live in the south island and the north island accent is funny to me

you guys should watch the first ten or so minutes of the movie “boy” and also “hunt for the wilder people” is an excellent movie but has funny kiwi accents

Gentle Autist posted:

I listened to this Richard Ayoade interview on Russel Brand’s podcast and he said he enjoys the inherent ridiculousness of people striving for perfection and their inability to ever meet that aspiration. he cited this Aaron sorkin quote ‘drama is intention and obstacle’, and said the intention is our aspirations and the obstacle is us, lol.

He made another good analogy in comparing people’s vision of themselves vs reality as like trying to convey the essence of music by describing it vs listening to it. you gotta have the experience, go through it, to extract the meaning/intent/value

so yeah being a fuckwit is ok, ok

kinda.. being a fuckwit doesn’t exactly get you ahead in life

I feel like my life is a house of cards at the moment, decent amount of post marriage debt, need high paying job just to survive.. like if something happened to my registration and i had to get a normal low wage job I would be hosed

😕 but this job is killing me. idk how to escape it tho, because I need to put all my
time into it and just to afford my life not to get ahead 🥺😞

gently caress I’m lost. thankfully if I drink enough alcohol I get drunk and forget

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

"boy" is really good!

i saw it in theaters when it came out and thought it was great but I was a little bit confused to learn that they were saying "you're an egg" and not "you're an ig". I thought it was cute kiwi slang for ignoramous but then they wrote it down on the titular boy and it turns out they just call people eggs??? lol

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
The scene in this week's Mr Robot except the guard catches me kissing the servers

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

one love brother

debt is a fucker, but you’re doing a lot just by being there for your kids. don’t discount how valuable that is

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

also watch 'stickmen' it's fun and the accents are great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

help yourself to the communal egg bag