Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TitanG
May 10, 2015

Proletaricat seems cool.
I should probably start playing the game again, I think I actually only played it when it came out and barely touched any post-release content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Nice to see an LP of the game. Been wanting to play the game again, but also kinda don't want to do it before 1.4 comes out.

And yeah, Proletaricat seems like the best choice.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

It looks like our Proletaricat will be crushed under the weight of our mighty hooch empire. We'll do a token job of feeding him though, just to keep up appearances and keep him from trying to overthrow us.

4 Spring, Year 1

: What in the world was that sound last night? It sounded like giggling and twinkling. Note to self: buy security cameras.

: Ha, I knew it. I'm the best farmer in the world! Everyone says it takes 4 days for parsnips to grow, I do it in 3.

The Crop Fairy (the actual name) that arrived last night is pretty rare. She'll come by and ripen all the crops in a large radius, picking one of the random crops. I didn't plan for this, but we'll take it! We can start our empire that much faster.

: I feel compelled to say something here. gently caress yeah, parsnip? I dunno. We'll workshop that.

: The mayor keeps leaving all these random notes around. I don't know what Level 1 Farming is and how to make a scarecrow. I wonder if I can make one with a moustache?

: The money's nice though.

: This parsnip is different. It looks really tasty. Y'know, for a parsnip. It's basically a carrot that's had an awkward day.

Let's talk crop quality. As you can see, 11 of the parsnips Dio harvested were just your average run of the mill parsnip. A blue collar parsnip, just trying to make it in this crazy world. One of them, however, was the Ubersnip. A god among parsnips.

Ok, so I kind of lost the thread there, but the point is that you can have crops come in one of three levels. Regular, silver (not pictured) and gold quality. Gold crops sell for more and give more energy and health when eaten. Normally, they're uncommon. However, we'll get fertilizers later on that can increase the odds of getting higher quality crops.

There's also a special fourth tier of quality: Irridium. Not everything can reach this lofty peak.

: I'm selling the normal parsnips, but you, my friend, are special. You hang out with me.

Saving for later, or just being a pack rat? You decide!

This is the calendar. It shows when festivals and birthdays fall. Looks like the Mayor's birthday is coming up on the 7th, you don't want to forget it!

Birthdays give a multiplier to gifts given on that day and nothing else.

: When you're lost in a book, it's easy to forget the realities of your life.

: ...Maybe that's why I like reading so much.

: Anyways, what can I do for you?

:Uh, I was going to ask how you were doing today, but now I just feel strangely sad. I'm going to go wander over there...

Penny lives in that trailer with her mom. It doesn't get better for her.

Speaking of books, here's another one! Maybe we'll go to the library one day.

: Holy crap, Pierre, that's expensive!

: Yeah, but you need it, right? Supply is low, demand is high.

: Screw you. I'm going to go give your wife some soda.

: Uh, what?

That didn't actually get me any gold. It cost 75g to actually get her the soda, but it does give 150 friendship points and I like making numbers go up.

: Ok, I just gave your wife a sugar high. Let's talk seeds.

: As long as you're paying, I don't care.

: What's good?

: The most expensive ones.

: That's not helpful.

: gently caress you.

: Uh?

: Yeah, that's right. I run the only store in town. gently caress you. Buy my poo poo, then sell me your poo poo so I can sell it for a premium.

: You've read too many aggressive salesman books.

: I don't give a poo poo. Here, if this will get you to spend faster, I'll give a tip. Cauliflower grows slowest but gives a high yield in price, which makes my wallet fatter. Get those. Otherwise, you can waste your time with potatoes and parsnips if you're a little wimp.

: Have you ever heard of “the customer is always right?”

: The customer is a little bitch. gently caress you, give me some money and I'll just give you seeds.

: I'm just gonna go to Jojamart if you're going to be like this.

: Oh, big man. Go ahead and slobber on the corporate knob, but you should be supporting local, family owned, friendly businesses. The Mayor says so, at least.

: Oh god.

I'm not too far off with Pierre. This guy only cares about money. Plus, he'll resell your crops for a profit and tell others he grew them himself. Seriously, gently caress that guy.

: Just water your plants. Get lots of money, and then crush Pierre financially. And the mayor. Yes. I can do that. Yes...

These stumps are special, but we'll need to upgrade our axe first.

This cave is also special, but we need to make 25k before we can do anything with it.

: Hoo boy. Just...stay away from people with vans.

Vincent is the other kid in town. Jodi is his mother, and Sam is his brother. I mean, he's a child. There's not much to say about them.

Spring year one can be hard, but there are Spring Onions growing in the forest. They refresh every day and you can get some extra energy from them. They don't sell for much, they exist as a crutch.

: Oh joy. More bones. This is probably normal around here.

: Sweet dreams, Dio. At least I harvested a parsnip today.

We have income! Look at us, we're gonna rule the world one day.

Next time: Slimes! Copper! Danger! Cats!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

If you marry a townsperson that still lives with their parents, do the now in-laws get special dialogue?

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If you marry a townsperson that still lives with their parents, do the now in-laws get special dialogue?

Yes, they do. It's only a line or two change, but they do acknowledge the fact you married their child/grandchild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

I believe there was one other special thing about birthdays, in that you can still give them a gift on their birthday, even if you've already given them two gifts that week.