Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Swags posted:

Oh man, I am so happy you like it because I know jack and poo poo about board games. I literally just sorted BGG by complexity and tried to grab one of the hard ones that it would be unlikely you would have. Hope it plays well!

Hah! Truth be told I don't have many super high complexity games, but if a game rates on near the same complexity as a game like Advanced Squad Leader then I'm very interested in setting some time aside to learn and play it. The sad reality is that I hardly have time to rationalize for this sort of activity these days, but the idea of there being a game like this waiting for me is exciting in and of itself.

Good on you for your selection method!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I have received the second package, just didn't post yet. Busy week this week, will be opening both and posting pictures soon.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Xiahou Dun posted:

O that reminds me!

Sorry, things have gone from holiday hectic to just insane*, so I never photographed my Secret Santa gifts, and they said to not open them until Christmas but things are madness here and we do Kraut Christmas anyway.

I got a copy of Everything Is Dolphins and a very cool and weird narrative game called Ekphrasis I look forward to playing over the holidays. Thanks, Santa! I asked for weird RPG's and I got them with gusto!

*O were you worried about your girlfriend getting along with your family? What if she was suddenly hospitalized! Enjoy planning a long drive out of nowhere!

Merry Christmas! I love getting people weird RPGS, so I had a blast picking those out.
I hope your girlfriend is doing OK, whatever happened.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I’ve received my package successfully and am stuck at work but will post the Great Unboxing soon!

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I have been gifted part 1 of 2 from our gracious TGSS runner Leperflesh! They gave me a bunch of digital 2 player games for my wife and I to play.

Say What You Mean: a game of 2 wizard penpals

Mars Colony: A game of a barely qualified Saviour to save the Martian colony from itself

And its sequel Mars Colony: 39 Dark, where the Saviour instead is now tasked with leading a protest movement

And Echo Radio: where the same person on 2 different dimensions communicate with each other.

Thank you Santa Leperflesh! Looking forward to getting part 2!

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

What's this? A package! My apartment doesn't allow pets so you might think I wouldn't have a package inspector but I've......................adapted.

She does not appear impressed.
I, however, am absolutely loving delighted.

TRO Clan Invasion! Thankyou so much Santa, I'll do some reading and get some sweet Clan mechs in the Kickstarter to go with it!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

berenzen posted:

I have been gifted part 1 of 2 from our gracious TGSS runner Leperflesh! They gave me a bunch of digital 2 player games for my wife and I to play.

Say What You Mean: a game of 2 wizard penpals

Mars Colony: A game of a barely qualified Saviour to save the Martian colony from itself

And its sequel Mars Colony: 39 Dark, where the Saviour instead is now tasked with leading a protest movement

And Echo Radio: where the same person on 2 different dimensions communicate with each other.

Thank you Santa Leperflesh! Looking forward to getting part 2!

You're very welcome, Berenzen! I gotta give thanks to TG forums goons magnusth and especially UnCO3 for giving me much needed advice about good indie 2-player games. Your package is, as we previously discussed, still winding its way through Canada Post after spending an unreasonable amount of time getting to and then through international customs. They are targeting Dec 23rd for delivery :ohdear:

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?
Having returned from my conference, I discovered a mysterous triangular package! It was promptly given to the package inspector to check.

She responded with confusion and a little distain (her usual state), which I took to be a sign that it was ok to open.

Inside was an amazing poster/map/game, The Golden Sea!

I am really really excited to get some friends together and map out a journey through this weird, post-apocalyptic desert. Massive thanks, Santa!

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Holy cow my (presumably) final gift arrived!

drat(nation City)! Thanks so much Ibntumart. You have been extremely generous to me, and even the note for this one is fancy and awesome!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Mode 7 posted:

What's this? A package! My apartment doesn't allow pets so you might think I wouldn't have a package inspector but I've......................adapted.

She does not appear impressed.
I, however, am absolutely loving delighted.

TRO Clan Invasion! Thankyou so much Santa, I'll do some reading and get some sweet Clan mechs in the Kickstarter to go with it!

Mad Cats, Mad Cats everywhere! I tried to get you some mechs, but holy poo poo are they hard to find down here, figured reading all about them is the next best thing.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ok I know Berenzen's package is slightly in limbo (attempted delivery on Sunday, is now at a post office for pickup, Berenzen said that should be OK); I know a bonus package for JackMann (who already got the main part of their gift) is delayed, but that's a known thing being tracked - the shipper failed to send it, and something is being done to make good on that, and they already got a fully gift-valued package anyway. And, Rhjamiz said

Rhjamiz posted:

I have received the second package, just didn't post yet. Busy week this week, will be opening both and posting pictures soon.

which I am like 90% sure is the lightning bonus round package. That covers everything!

That means NOBODY HAS BEEN GRINCHED for a second year running.

Do stick around for a few final gift openings, a couple of goons decided to wait until xmas to open their stuff, but I wanted you all to know that I'm delighted with these results and I hope you will all come back again next year.

Also don't forget you can ask to be on the mailing list to be reminded next year when the thread goes up, just send an email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com and I'll put you on the list!

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

A package has arrived, after a long strange trip.

Inside was a sweet LARP Axe!

This is pretty awesome. I don't have an axe in the collection yet, and this is a really nice make. Thank you once again Leperflesh!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well, Christmas is upon us, so I opened up my gifts at last:

The Package inspection doggo looks somewhat perturbed in this photo, but that might have to do with his getup. It's apparently to help dry him off when he gets wet (don't worry, we're not making him wear it 24/7). But what lies within these packages?

It's probably hard to tell from my terrible photography, but these are some cool 15mm scale mechs from White Dragon Games and some neat 15mm space army mans! But that's not all, there was also a cool card! I forgot to take a picture of the front, but I got the good stuff:

Thanks, Opossum Santa!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

That Old Tree posted:

Holy cow my (presumably) final gift arrived!

drat(nation City)! Thanks so much Ibntumart. You have been extremely generous to me, and even the note for this one is fancy and awesome!

I’m glad you enjoyed them all (especially The Last Dragon)! I am stoked I got to give the gifts of vampires, Middle Earth, and 80s kung fu, which is the holiday trinity really.

As for my Santa, the unboxing has been photographed very poorly and once I upload the pics in a bit to whatever service the cool kids are using, the forum will see the awesomeness I received!

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Will be posting tonight after dinner obligations

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
It's gift opening time!

I put in some effort negotiating with the  stray cats  freelance parcel inspectors working the territory at my new place, but couldn't reach an agreement with any of them to inspect my package this year. Maybe I'm not offering to compensate them fairly enough? :shrug: Well, guess I'll just have to open it with reckless disregard for my own safety. :ohdearsass:

It's Sushi Go!, a copy of the Expanse RPG, and two halves of different notes stuck to each other! I especially appreciate Amazon's consideration this year, giving me two puzzles to solve in addition to figuring out who my Santa is. :iiam:

The Expanse is a rather beautiful book and even has a fancy poster map of the solar system folded in the back. I haven't seen any of the show, but I've got access to Prime Video and heard good things from some friends about it, so I'll have to check it out as I read through my gift! And if I'm clueing the relevant note together, Sushi Go! is a drafting game, which fills a nice void in my board game collection. Drafting has always been a fun format for me, no matter the card game. So this little set collection game sounds like it should scratch that "sit and pass some packs" itch. I'm looking forward to wheeling some wasabi in the near future!

Thank you, Santa! These are great selections! And my apologies if you identified yourself in either of the gift notes; the smirks on the box must have eaten that part.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
I also opened a package today from my Santa. I didn't have the inspection service to help out, but they were present and watching.

Goddamn, that's a big box. What on earth could be in it?

THERE ARE MORE BOXES UNDERNEATH

Holy crap, thank you Flex. You are an incredibly generous Santa. A merry Christmas to you!

Gaghskull fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Dec 27, 2019

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer
A merry possum-day to all! A great round of gifts and mustelids.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

occamsnailfile posted:

Marsupials. MARSUPIALS GOD drat YOU.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Merry xmas everyone! I'm back from my marathon family stuff, exhausted but I survived, and it looks like we're at 100% gifts now!

Berenzen, I'm glad you like that axe! I don't know anything about larp, but I did a lot of searching and it seemed like a well-reviewed piece that could work in fantasy or in post-apocalypse type SF settings, so I'm hopeful it will work with at least one larp that you larp in the future. Also, it was sold by an Etsy person who had the best deal on shipping... anyway good luck with your chopping up of your enemies, hopefully.

occamsnailfile posted:

didelphidae! The oppossum is north america's only marsupial :science:

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Auralsaurus Flex posted:

It's gift opening time!

Thank you, Santa! These are great selections! And my apologies if you identified yourself in either of the gift notes; the smirks on the box must have eaten that part.

mwahaha! It was me the whole time! Glad you like the gifts, I saw the Expanse RPG while browsing B&N, I don't know if it is any good but the show is pretty sweet. Hope you enjoy. and I peeped your BGG list and didn't see Sushi Go! It is a fun little game that should scratch a bit of that drafting itch. Merry Christmas!

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer
My apologies possum-herren, I meant no offense!

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning
man gaghskull, could you toss some [timg] on those lol

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

Gaghskull posted:

Holy crap, thank you Flex. You are an incredibly generous Santa. A merry Christmas to you!
I'm glad you like everything! Please do let me know if it turns out that there is an issue with the Season 2 box.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

So belatedly, first gift!

Some delicious and interesting snacks!

And a book!

And also a questionable game called Lust for Darkness. HMM!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
The much belated unboxing of awesomeness:

Alas, I have no security cats or pups to clear the box for opening. Star Wars pics will at least cover up addresses (those porgs really do get everywhere).

Two cards along with two enticing blue and gold packages!

And the first one is a kickass Bandai AT-ST model! This will go nicely with the two other imperial models I’ve got.

Grundma done gifted me the dopest of this line of models! I think—-no, I know—-this one will require I get my brushes and paint out of retirement. Water transfers will not do this one justice.

Vader and I are well chuffed over the gifts—-many thanks! Also it’s the holidays, don’t judge Vader for keeping it casual and capeless

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning

Rhjamiz posted:

So belatedly, first gift!

Some delicious and interesting snacks!

And a book!

And also a questionable game called Lust for Darkness. HMM!

Yay I am glad they both arrived safely. I hope the snacks meet your criteria. The honey butter potato chips are a personal favorite. The book has a sequel if you happen to like it as well as a wide body of other work by the author. The game is..... Man the game is something.

I couldn't ship dongs so I gave the gift of virtual cthulhoid dongs!

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Benedict posted:

Yay I am glad they both arrived safely. I hope the snacks meet your criteria. The honey butter potato chips are a personal favorite. The book has a sequel if you happen to like it as well as a wide body of other work by the author. The game is..... Man the game is something.

I couldn't ship dongs so I gave the gift of virtual cthulhoid dongs!

The butter honey chips were quite good!

The butter soy crisps were... not. The initial flavor was fine but they have a strong aftertaste of raw potato.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.

ibntumart posted:

The much belated unboxing of awesomeness:

Alas, I have no security cats or pups to clear the box for opening. Star Wars pics will at least cover up addresses (those porgs really do get everywhere).

Two cards along with two enticing blue and gold packages!

And the first one is a kickass Bandai AT-ST model! This will go nicely with the two other imperial models I’ve got.

Grundma done gifted me the dopest of this line of models! I think—-no, I know—-this one will require I get my brushes and paint out of retirement. Water transfers will not do this one justice.

Vader and I are well chuffed over the gifts—-many thanks! Also it’s the holidays, don’t judge Vader for keeping it casual and capeless

Im so glad you like them and I hope you have a lot of fun putting them together! You are a much more patient person than I to wait so long to open them