Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Marsupial enthusiasts of the obscure Trad Games subforum, rejoice: It's time again for our annual gift-exchange tradition, Trad Games Secret Santa!
This year I couldn't think of a good theme so you get opossums.

Rules Quick-Reference
See below for the full explanation of the rules; this is just a quick rundown:
1. Announce your intention to participate in this here thread. Include gift preferences, your general location, and your solemn vow.
2. Send an e-mail to me at tgsecretsanta@gmail.com with your mailing address, SA username, whether or not you'll ship internationally, and any important info.
3. Receive and read your confirmation email, which arrives within a couple of days.
4. Check your inbox on Saturday, November 23rd for your Santee Assignment.
5. Find your Santee's sign-up post in this thread, and read their gift preferences, if any.
6. Send a gift worth at least $35 to your Santee. Mail it no later than December 18th, AND ensure it will arrive no later than December 20th. MAKE A POST when you send your gift!
7. Post in the thread when you receive a gift (whether you open it or not). If you're not sure if it's a TGSS gift, then open it, don't wait till xmas. I need to know you got your thing, and so does your Santa!
8. When you open your gift, post what you got! Take pictures if you can.
9. If you get a lovely gift, or nothing arrives, email tgsecretsanta@gmail.com so I can fix it.
10. Stick around in the thread till it's closed, or at least until mid-January. There might be a follow-up thing you need to do, or a question to answer, or de-grinching to do, or a survey or something.
OK on to all the :words:

What's Trad Games Secret Santa?
It's an anonymized gift exchange for the goons who hang out in the Trad Games subforum. Goons sign up to trade presents with other goons. I handle the anonymization of assignments, sending your personal information to a total stranger, who will then mail you a gift. Similarly, I'll send someone else's info to you, and you have to send them a gift. Fun!

How do I do it?
Read all the STEP BY STEP RULES in this post (scroll down) and follow them carefully. If you have problems with reading comprehension maybe read it twice or have an adult read it to you. There's ten whole rules and you have to obey them and follow instructions. Each of the rules has a reason behind it so don't skip them.

So I am going to buy something for someone?
Yes. You have to get a gift for a Trad Games goon. Ideally your gift should be picked out specifically for the goon you're assigned. Since this is the Trad Games forum, we're generally focused on games-related stuff, but you kind of have free reign so it doesn't necessarily have to be a game gift... but it probably should, unless you're sure your non-game gift will delight your target Santee.

Signing up for this is a financial obligation. It is not okay to sign up and then disappear, because someone will send you a present, and then whoever your assignment is, gets grinched. Please take a moment to think seriously about this before you just mash the Reply button.

This is a grinch opossum, obviously

How much does it cost?
US$35 (or its approximate equivalent in Foreign Money), plus shipping. You don't deduct shipping from the gift dollar guideline amount because it's not your Santee's fault he lives in Timbuktu and they shouldn't have to have a worse gift just because you're 8000 miles away.

What if my Santee lives in an Exotic Foreign Land like Australia, the Lesser Antilles, or Amsterdam?
I try to match goons to other goons that are in nearby countries. There are always a few gaps, though, so if you are willing to cover the extra cost of international shipping, then you can say so and I will randomly choose from among the volunteers where needed. If you do get matched up with a Foreign Goon, remember that you can often order directly from an online retailer in their country instead of paying international shipping. If you don't want to get matched with a foreign goon, say so in your sign-up email.

I can't afford $35 plus shipping!
If $35 plus shipping is genuinely a hardship for you, you might be too poor to be buying presents for strangers on the internet. You can make something, but your made thing has to have a value to your Santee of at least $35. Plus you still absolutely have to ship it on time. I try to keep international shipping routes short, but if it's too expensive for you, you can either tell me not to match you with a foreign goon, or, order something online from within the target country.

This Year's Deadlines – NOTE DEADLINES HAVE CHANGED
Some time on Saturday, November 23rd, (which is the weekend before Thanksgiving in the US) I will make assignments and email them out. You will then have until THE FRIDAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS which is approximately, Friday, December 20th to get your gift delivered to your Secret Santee. To meet that deadline, I am asking that all gifts be mailed by December 16th. It will be up to you to decide if you want to get your gift sent on time using a cheap shipping option, or wait until the last minute and then get your gift sent on time using an expensive shipping option. The final is so early because too many goons have missed it every year. You're still getting about four weeks of time to get your gift sent, which is plenty.

What if I forget?
Don't forget. Bookmark this thread. Something Awful provides a fancy bookmarking feature just for you! Click on your Control Panel link to see your bookmarked threads. Maybe also set up an alarm clock in your calendar app or something? I may send out email to check in with people who are worrying me with their absence but you should not rely on that. If you are the kind of person who gets excited about things and then blows them off and forgets about them the next day, then this gig is not for you. Don't sign up.
You can of course make things easier on yourself by just buying something and shipping it immediately after you get your assignment.

What if I don't get a present because my Secret Santa is an rear end in a top hat?
This is called “being Grinched.” If you get Grinched, like an old-west Sheriff I will round up a posse of de-Grinchers and together we will cover for the rear end in a top hat out of the goodness of our hearts. You will get a present no matter what. And Grinches get Stitches. There are consequences.

It's already after the deadline! Does that mean I can't participate?
You are in luck! After the first deadline, we run LIGHTNING BONUS ROUNDS!. Beginning November 23rd, and continuing until roughly December 13th, we will have one or more extra bonus rounds. It works like this: you use exactly the same process to sign up. I collect names until either I have at least 8, or, a whole week has passed AND I have at least 3, whichever comes first. So each LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND will have from three to eight goons. Then I do a mini-gift-round assignment. You immediately fire off a Trad Games Present at your Santee, and they do the same! And the instant one LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND ends, the next one begins. Since the pool of participants will be very small, the odds that multiple goons will have to ship internationally go up, though, so keep that in mind. You can participate in as many rounds as you want. Last year, there was only 1 round, so don't wait if you're ready to participate.

I'm rich and/or greedy. Can I send two gifts?
gently caress yes you can! Just let me know in your email (step 2) how many gifts you want to send and receive, and I'll make it happen. Each gift still has to meet all the standard requirements.

Opossums are numerically gifted and so can you

I only want specific kinds of stuff
That's fine. Just put your requests in your post when you sign up. There's no 100% guarantee, but really that's just like Christmas at home, isn't it? The worst case scenario is you get some $35 Thing that wasn't exactly what you wanted. That's not such a big deal.

What, you didn't want an opossum puzzle present? Why didn't you say so?

I might get something I already have!
That's true. There's only one way to avoid this for sure, and that's by posting what you've already got. You can use boardgamegeek for that, or just make a list, or be more specific about what you do want. There's still a chance you get a duplicate of something you have, though. I can't think of a way to avoid it completely, so you need to be ready for this to possibly happen. I'm sorry.

If you already have an opossum, this might be an annoyingly redundant additional opossum to receive?

What if I never post in Trad Games?
You're welcome too. If you have an SA account in good standing that existed before I posted this post, you're eligible to participate. Welcome to the club! Probably you'll get something TG related, though. Or a dong. If you have a brand new SA account registered after this post was posted, then I'm worried about you. Let's have a chat and figure out if you're trustworthy.

The Shitlist of Shame
These goons hosed up enough to get called out:

The General. It's been nine years now but he managed to Grinch goons two years in a row. His only excuse was that basically he was too lazy to go buy a thing and mail it. He is not allowed to participate in TGSS.
Arrgytehpirate. In 2011, this guy never managed to follow instructions, insisting on using PMs instead of emails. I let that slide but then he took forever to respond. Finally he sent me a photo of a package he was supposedly sending out but it never arrived. Weeks later he supposedly got it returned in the mail but his santee, who had also participated in a lightning round, had received a gift from his other santa so the address was definitely fine. Arrgytehpirate was the epitome of disinterested and disconnected half-assedness. Don't be like him.

NutritiousSnack. NutritiousSnack doubled down on TGSS in 2013. His main round Santee finally got his gift on January 13th, and his Bonus Round santee finally got his gift on February 2nd. One major shipping snafu might be an honest mistake; two is a pattern. NutritiousSnack was also difficult to get ahold of, with days or weeks going by between responses. Being multiple months late with your gifts is bad, and being slack about communicating when your stuff has gone missing is worse. NutritiousSnack was on probation in 2014, but now he can participate if he wants. Demonstrating reform could get him off this list!
MySwan in 2015 sent his santee a pair of socks, and something on DTRPG. He didn't follow up for ages, and when he did, he let things slide a lot. He was hard to contact, and in the end I don't think the DTRPG thing was ever worked out. He's allowed to come back after being on probation in 2016, but he'll need to still make amends.
EatinCake in 2015 claimed to have made a handmade gift, claimed to have forgotten to send it before going on vacation, claimed he would send things on the 4th, and nothing ever arrived. He was very unresponsive via email, and eventually his Santee had to be degrinched.
NovaLion screwed up in 2013: posted overseas, he got deployed, didn't respond to emails for weeks, made excuses, promised delivery, and then disappeared again. Long after his Santee was de-grinched, his gifts arrived in March 2014. NovaLion was suspended: but then he came back and made amends, apologizing and making a charitable donation, so he was permitted to participate again. Unfortunately, in 2016, NovaLion relapsed: his main round gift went fine, but his bonus round gift never arrived, he did not respond to emails about it during the week after xmas, and had to be de-grinched again. NovaLion is permanently banned from participation in TGSS.
2017 and 2018 were Grinch-Free!!!

Redemption is possible for those who are willing to make amends... but not for severe transgressions or repeat offenders.

:frogsiren:FULL STEP BY STEP RULES:frogsiren:
These are step-by-step instructions in full. Just do all of them, in order.

1. Announce your intention to participate in this here thread. Put the following information in BOLD so it's easy to see:
  • Your Gift Preferences. This means describe things and categories of things you'd love to receive. This is mandatory. You can be specific but it's better to be general. E.g., “I'd love a blueray movie” or “I need tabletop wargaming scenery” or “I'd like the hardback Kings of War 2nd Edition Rulebook.” You can also specify things you don't want, like “I have enough dice thanks” or “I hate animes” or “Do not give money to Games Workshop” or whatever. The more help you give your Secret Santa, the higher the likelihood you will get something that you will actually like. If you just put “I'd love anything at all,” be prepared to receive anything, up to and including Dongs. You might receive something you already own, especially if seems related to your post history. If you don't want a duplicate of a game you already have, you need to tell your Santa that you have that game.
  • Your General Location. You'll be telling me your mailing address via e-mail anyway, but goons like to know where in the world all the other goons are. It's funner that way. You can say things like “Chicago” or “Wisconsin” or “Australia,” however specific or general you feel like being.
  • Your Solemn Vow that you will keep up with the thread, send a gift on time, and will post in the thread when you get your present and tell us all what you got and who sent it to you.

2. Send an e-mail to me at tgsecretsanta@gmail.com containing the following information:
  • “Secret Santa Sign Up” or similar in the subject line so I can be sure you're not a computer program trying to sell penis pills.
  • Your REAL NAME AND MAILING ADDRESS. This is important because someone is going to mail things to you and they need to know how. If someone mails a thing to this name and address and you don't get it because you moved or it's not a real address or the postal carrier refused to deliver a package addressed to “CockDragon1986” or something, that's your fault and you will have self-Grinched which is the most embarrassing thing ever.
  • Your Something Awful login name. It should be obvious why I need this.
  • Your willingness or unwillingness to ship internationally. Please be specific if you have restrictions. For example, if you're only willing to ship within North America, please say so. Remember, shipping costs are in addition to the $30 gift guideline.
  • Anything else of importance. Special information might include a list of your mortal enemies which I had better not match you with, a date after which you will be at a different address, your allergy to cheese, or whatever. I promise not to match you (as Santa or Santee) with anyone you don't want to be matched with, and I will pass along any messages to your Santa or Santee that you need passed along. You can also ask questions timidly in this email instead of boldly in the thread, if you prefer.

3. Check for a confirmation email from tgsecretsanta@gmail.com
Everyone who signs up will get a confirmation email within a short amount of time (usually within a day or two). If you don't get one, check your spam filters and then PM me, send another e-mail, or post in the thread and I'll troubleshoot the issue. Your confirmation email is sent at the same time that I put you on the Official Spreadsheet of Cheer, so it's important. It verifies you're signed up, and verifies that you're able to receive important correspondence from me.

4. Wait until Saturday, November 23rd and then check your inbox. That is the day I will close registration for the main round, and assign names using a secret method. It's also the beginning of a holiday week for most goons in the US, and also various holiday promotions have usually gotten going by then so maybe you can get an online discount. I will post in the thread as I get these assignments out.

You must keep your Santee's personal information secret and private. Don't post or forward or copy their real name, other fake name(s), address, or email address in the thread or anywhere else. Don't try to go visit your Santee, that's creepy. This is important. Respect your Santee's privacy.

5. Check the thread, find your Santee's first post, and read up on their greedy demands. And then buy them a present and mail it. The Officially Recommended Spending Amount is US$35. It is OK to spend a bit more than that if you feel generous. It is OK to spend slightly less than that if you have the perfect thing which costs $33.95, or whatever. But it is not OK to Grinch your Santee by sending them a used paperback book and $8 of baseball cards.
The only truly universal gifts are love and money. For everything else, it's best to consider whether your amazing gift idea would actually be delightful to your Santee. Many people like to leave their options wide open and you can feel free to send whatever you like to them. Others have a more focused domain of Trad Gaming they enjoy, and it's best to try and fit your present into that domain if you can.
If you get stuck on gift ideas, send an email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com and I will help you out. I can ask your Santee questions while preserving the veneer of anonymity, and I also am full of great ideas for the difficult-to-shop-for.

Also, we may have Santees under the legal age for drinking, or who don't drink, so you must check with me before sending alcoholic beverages to your Santee. Some people have food allergies, too. Don't send food without checking.

Sometimes you have a thing that you already own that you want to send, that's OK too, just try and figure out what that thing would be worth, roughly (in its present used condition of course), and make sure your giftee is delighted by your largesse instead of saddened by your cheapness.

Regarding handmade gifts:
A lot of us really enjoy the personal touch of a handmade gift, so this might be a great idea. But there are hazards. If you haven't already made your gift, be sure you'll have plenty of time. The estimate of value of the thing you made isn't “what I'd probably sell it for if I sold this,” it's “what my giftee would probably pay for it if they bought it from anyone else.” For example, it takes a huge amount of time to knit a pair of socks; but socks are still only worth a couple dollars to most people, even if you sell your handmade socks for $25. If your giftee asked for a Dice Pouch, it's likely they're thinking of a typical dice pouch which usually costs like ten bucks. So if you make one yourself, maybe you better fill it with some cool dice as well? Use your best judgment and run your plans past me if you have any doubt.

I mean I would want these handmade opossum earrings, even though my ears aren't even pierced, but probably a lot of goons wouldn't.

Regarding ebooks and Print-On-Demand services. PDFs and eBook versions of gaming products are very hit-or-miss, and so are POD services. Some of us love them, some of us hate them. I'd like you to please be certain that your giftee loves them before you send one. Check their post and if they don't mention it, contact me and I can confirm with them whether an ebook or printed-on-demand book is a wonderful or horrible thing. We need to confirm your e-delivery was e-delivered promptly because your Santee probably isn't expecting it. DTRPG has hosed up someone's order more than once, for example, so seriously: DTRPG and other e-delivered gifts require special attention and handling.

6. Send a gift to your Santee in a timely manner
Every shipping company is heavily impacted by the holiday shopping season. The sooner you get something shipped, the less likely it is to be delayed. Retailers may also run out of stock. If you procrastinate and delay, you are still on the hook for on-time delivery, and that may mean having to select a more expensive shipping option. It's OK to take a few days or even a couple weeks if you need it to get your awesome present together, but keep your eye on the calendar and don't screw yourself over by waiting too long! I mean it. EVERY YEAR WITHOUT FAIL I have a handful of goons who wait till the last day or so and then complain about the cost, or – worse – simply decide they can't afford expedited shipping and their Santee doesn't get their gift until after Christmas. That is not OK. If you can't afford like $100 for overnight shipping, then please don't procrastinate!

If you purchase a gift online, please confirm with the retailer that the item is actually in stock. Check and make sure it's shipped, not just “ordered.” Get a tracking number and check it every day. You can send me your tracking number if you want, but it's up to you to monitor it and see that your gift got delivered. I can't monitor 100+ tracking numbers. Let me know right away if there's a problem or delay.

If a gift receipt is an option, please get one. I know it's not always available, but it's best to make sure that if your Santee already has one of what you got him or her, he can return the new thing and/or exchange it for something else that is great. This isn't a rule, just a preference.

POST INDICATING YOUR PRESENT HAS BEEN MAILED BY NO LATER THAN Monday, DECEMBER 16th, 2019. Your gift has to be delivered by Friday, December 20th. To help meet that deadline, I am asking that all gifts be mailed by December 16th. Keep in mind that four days for delivery is quite unlikely unless you paid a lot for three-day express delivery, so the 14th is a drop-dead date for domestic first class/air shipping, not a good target date to blithely wait for.
If you have some genuine excuse like “I am trapped in a blizzard” or “my house burned down and I can't afford a stamp” or “the vendor promised to mail it but I have discovered they were filthy liars,” that's OK, come post about it in the thread or send me an e-mail or ask your Red Cross coordinator at the disaster relief shelter to send me an e-mail. In this modern world there are very few legit excuses for being unable to communicate for several weeks. And you can avoid this altogether by just shipping a gift within a few days of getting your Santee assignment.
Military goons: if you might possibly be deployed, you should let me know in advance, and also maybe ask a friend or family member in advance to arrange to ship something if you haven't done so in time, and to at least email me when your gift arrives. Being deployed is not an acceptable excuse for failing to get a gift to your Santee or going AWOL on communications from me. If you can't deal with this amount of contingency planning, you should not participate.
Overseas shippers: if you are shipping something overseas, realistically you should give it at least two weeks for shipping. Stuff can randomly get stuck in customs for a long time! Strongly consider ordering something from a vendor in your target country to avoid long shipping times and the uncertainty of customs.

7. Post in the thread when you receive a gift
You can open it right away or you can wait till your preferred present-opening moment and open it then. Regardless, you need to post in the thread as soon as your gift has arrived. If you get a box and you're not sure if it's your Secret Santa gift, then you need to open it and find out. If you are a double or triple-gifter, you need to open the gift so we know which Santa's gift you got.
This way your anxious Santa knows you got your present, and I can register that they have fulfilled their duty by putting a symbol into a box on a spreadsheet, which I loving love doing, you don't even know. Please don't blow this off. Every year a few people dutifully send their gifts, and then disappear from the thread, and we are left with no easy way to confirm that they also received what they were supposed to. That's not being a Grinch, but it is a source of anxiety for your Santa and for me and that's not very nice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OUUokRj5F4
Traditional protocol is to show your pets when you show your presents

8. Post what you got!
Whenever you get around to opening your gift, please let us know what you got. Take a picture! You should also say thank you and describe your joy. Half the fun of giving a gift is experiencing your Santee's pleasure. THIS IS AN ACTUAL RULE, NOT JUST A SUGGESTION. Saying “thank you” is the socially expected response to a gift, OK?. Some participants never bother and that's rude.

9. If you got a lovely gift, or didn't get a gift, send me an email immediately.
Email me at tgsecretsanta@gmail.com if you get something lousy. That doesn't just mean you got a nice approximately $35 thing that you didn't especially want: unless you specifically said “I don't want RPGs” you can't really complain that you got an RPG. But, you do need to let me know if your Santa has not lived up to the spirit and intent of the rules, OR – and this has actually happened – if your Santa was victimized by a shady retailer who has ripped both you and your Santa off.

Nothing expresses gratitude quite like a custom t-shirt expressing your gratitude

10. Please stick around in the thread until a week or two into January, or until I close the thread, whichever comes first
There are usually last-minute hiccups and if someone gets Grinched, I'll be asking for volunteer de-grinchers. This is likely to happen in January, if it happens. Even if you don't want to be a de-Grincher, you can still participate in the tarring and feathering, and that's not something to miss out on. Plus people sometimes get stuff a little late, like when they go back home from their holiday travel or whatever, and it sucks when they have nobody to share their fun with when they open their gift.

TGSS Mailing List
Would you like to receive a reminder of TG Secret Santa next year? Send an email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com and ask to be added to the official TGSS Mailing List. I will use this list to send out a heads-up each year when I post the new TGSS thread. I won't sell or share the list with anyone, and I will use BCC: so you won't be sharing your email address with the other goons on the list, either. Of course you can also remove yourself from the list at any time, just send me a request and I'll take you off.

Disclaimers
This is the fine print. Nobody told me to put it here, but I'm anal about these kinds of things.

Participation in this event is voluntary. I am not affiliated or associated with Something Awful LLC, Rich “Lowtax” Kyanka, or any of its affiliates, sponsors, advertisers, subsidiaries, associates, officers, enlisted men, serfs, or holdings (hereafter referred to collectively as SomethingAwful). This event is in no way endorsed or supported by any of the above. If you get ripped off by another goon, neither SomethingAwful, nor I, can promise you relief. Nobody's insurance is covering this. Any supportive or punitive action taken by SomethingAwful or its moderators or administrators, including stickying threads and punishing bad goons, is purely voluntary and ad-hoc and is not a promise or representation that SomethingAwful is actually responsible or required to take such action, nor a promise or representation that it will act in a similar manner in the future, present, or past.

I promise to take reasonable and prudent steps to keep your personal information confidential. It is secured by the use of a reasonably obscure password on the tgsecretsanta@gmail.com gmail account. I also copy some of your personal information, including your real name and email address, to my Spreadsheet of Cheer which is stored on a reasonably secure computer behind a firewall. However, participation requires that I send your personal information to another person, and I cannot ensure that that person will do the right thing and keep your info private. Obviously anyone who shares or abuses your private information is an rear end in a top hat and if I find out he or she did that and can confirm it then he or she goes right on the poo poo list immediately and forever, and I will also tell on them. But you must agree not hold me or SomethingAwful financially, legally, ethically, or spiritually responsible if that happens. It'll be between you and the rear end in a top hat, basically. Participating means you agree to these rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

First post reserved for TGSS business if needed.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Signing up for TGSS 2019!

My name is Leperflesh and I have been a good boy: I feed the opossums daily and then watch over them as they eat. See?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsa8NB0SSOA

Gift Preferences
Lately I have been mostly playing board games. Here is my boardgamegeek list: I'll make sure it's updated before assignments go out. I'm particularly interested in games that are playable in 2 hours or less, co-op games, and games that are suitable for 2+ players (as opposed to those that require 3+ or 4+). I have a lot of games and need to cull my collection, so games that come in small sizes are also a good and cool idea.
I also like food and music and movies and books and toys and booze and stuff for my cats and the san francisco 49ers and woodworking tools and here is my steam wishlist too. I don't mind homemade stuff or surprises. I'm OK with PDFs but I prefer physical copies of game stuff, and I don't like animes. I have no significant food allergies, my pronouns are he/his/him, and if you wind up my Santa well, I apologize in advance. Also, goon Aldantefax knows me personally so if you need more assistance he can probably help you out.
General Location: San Francisco Bay Area, California
Solemn Vow: I vow never to be a grinch, nor to suffer a grinch to go unthwarted.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Nov 13, 2019

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Huzzah! Gonna make some minor edits to last year's list.

Gift Preferences: I love minis and I love weird RPGs and supplements. Pretty much anything mini-related is a go. Terrain, basing stuff, paints, brushes, and of course miniatures. In both minis and RPGs, I like weirder stuff. Not always good stuff, but weirder, more off-ball things are great. If you have some older stuff you want to clear off your shelf, well, I shan't say no.

I've gotten into 40K over the last year. I've about two-thirds into an ork army, and I'm just about ready to start a Space Marines army as well.

I also like weird dice. Not necessarily weird materials, but stuff like d16s or ones with strange symbols on them. I'm a sucker for that stuff.

Really, anything that's gaming related and weird is going to be a hit for me.

EDIT: Here's my RPG Geek Profile, so you can see what RPGs I already have. Here's my Amazon wishlist, if you'd like some help deciding on something.

Geographical Location: Arizona, USA.

Solemn Vow: Neither Grinch nor Scrooge shall I prove, save that I shall make good on the promises they made on Christmas morning.

JackMann fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Nov 16, 2019

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.
Dear Opossum Santa,

My name is Gau and I have been a good meat popsicle this year.

Gift Preferences: I have a huge queue of games I want to play with my group so this year I'm looking primarily for game-related materials. I love obscure games from the eighties/nineties, cool dice, old Star Trek: The Next Generation novels, and rad socks (men's medium). I'd also be interested in a setting book/sourcebook or similar "toilet reading." I'm primarily into science fiction but my next tattoo is Quenya that I translated myself so like, you tell me?

I solemnly vow that, as all years before, I shall not fail to bring seasonal holiday joy to a goon.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Email is sent. Will post up a list of wants later.

Gift Preferences: Board games and/or RPGs that play well with 2 or 5 players- I have Tash-Kalar and all of it's expansions. Things that would make for sweet additions to LARP kit would also be awesome

General Area: The frozen hellhole that is Alberta.

I solemny swear that I will not be a green skinned monster that seeks to rob people of joy and happiness.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Nov 14, 2019

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Yeah, sure. Ain't never done this before but I'm happy and festive so gently caress it.

Hey I'm Xiahou Dun. I'd love any of the weirdest random RPG stuff you got. Or just something fun and weird.

I'm in New York.

And hell yeah I'm not gonna take a powder ; I'm down for this.

Just writing the e-mail.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh yeah I want to note that this year I bumped the recommended $ amount up to $35, from $30 previously. It's been $30 for a bunch of years, and so I'm trying to just keep up with inflation: but if anyone feels like that's an unjustified move up please do feel free to discuss it, I could be persuaded if there's a majority.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

My only even theoretical complaint is that's like an RPG book and a quarter in terms of price, so it's kind of requiring a stocking stuffer little extra to get the value in. Not that it's expensive, just that it's at a very specific value.

But even that would be the most mild of complaints ever that I don't even have and am just pointing out as a theoretical thing someone might have.

O darn, I'll have to give someone an actual gift and another 4$ in random funny stuff to round out the total. The horror. The horror.

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning
I intend to participate in this here secret santa-ing, as i have done in days of yore and intend to do in days yet to pass.

https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/amandaofdoom - This is my wife and I's collection of board games.
We also have a lot of other board games handy from new roommates but I don't really have a list of them.

As a weird request, I would love to get a copy of Colossal Arena, its an old FF game that's out of print and hard to find, but not too too expensive.
Uhm,

We love star wars stuff, harry potter stuff, lovecraftian stuff.

I know we were looking at 7th continent, wingspan, photosynthesis, tsuro, Sagrada: Passion, quacks of quedlinburg, Clank, any of the villainous expansions, root, mysterium, scythe, cosmic encounter, and rex. Most of those will be outside the limit though unless you rob a game store.

Oh I started collecting art prints / books of/from Zdzislaw Beksinski but those will almost certainly be outside of the purchase range unless you have some weird secret hookup. such is life.

In general if something showed up in Fatal and Friends, we can probably take a pass on that. I don't need any books about rape camps or anal circumferences.

I live in the arid Sonoran deserts of Arizona.

I have never grinched, I never will grinch, I will keep on top of every possible aspect of this process and thread. By Grabthar's Hammer, by the suns of Warvan, I avow this.

Leperflesh - Inflation is 2% per year, so if it was 30 in 2017 (which i think it was) we should be clocking about $32, which is an unwieldy number, so rounding up to 35 is acceptable and will future proof for at least a few years ahead

Benedict fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Nov 13, 2019

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

I would like to sign up again

Gift Preferences: I quite like RPGS, small books or zines are all good, as are P.O.D and PDFs, larger ones not so much as would be difficult to find space for. 

Other ziney things are rad.

Board games would be great too, though not ones with heavy deception stuff (game group is not a fan of games like Coup, Avalon, and Masquerade). A fan of worker placement games, like Carcassonne (we have Carcassonne and expansions). Any two player games I can play with my partner would be ace! (e. We have 7 wonders duel plus expansion)

Food is good, I'm a vegetarian.

General Location: UK

Solemn Vow: I make this vow to opossum Santa, knowing that if I break it, opossum krampus will come for me. I will fulfill all obligations as a secret santa and santee.

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Nov 25, 2019

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
Dear Santa

It has been a while since I participated in TGSS. I regret it very much so I’m back!

Gift Preferences: I like X-Wing, 40k which I’ve just gotten into this year. Like any good hobbiest I’ve started three armies, ultramarines which I’m trying to finish out first. Orks with those silly speed freaks cars and IG Vostroyans because a coworker gave me a box of old 40k stuff and they look awesome. I like to play board games my friends that are moderate game nerds so nothing mega crunchy is preferred. I also enjoy D&D. 2e or 5e. No PDFs or video games please or animes please.

Here is an amazon wishlist of TG stuff I threw together. Don't feel obligated to follow it if you have an awesome idea but also feel free to use it as this is poo poo I'd like. :) https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/16JH72XQDST3K?ref_=wl_share

BGG link to what I own. https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/jassi007?objecttype=thing&ff=1&subtype=boardgame

Vow: I swear that I shall not grinch so that Christmas spirit may flow like honeyed mead.

jassi007 fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Nov 25, 2019

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Dear Santa and related winter gods that I only believe in on Wednesdays,

This is something like the sixth year that I've been a passably not-terrible human being. So let's celebrate by getting strangers to buy me poo poo (as long as I buy them poo poo too).

Gift Preferences
Board games! Two-player is good, as is small form factor; most of what I get to the table is with my girlfriend and we bring games to the pub to have enough space. This is my BGG collection, but in general we're fans of Star Realms (and have the Hero Realms everything tier from the latest kickstarter on its way), Among the Stars, Carcassonne, 7 Wonders, and Tiny Epic Galaxies/Mechs/Zombies.

I like RPGs, but I have a huge collection that includes a lot of weird/obscure stuff so I should probably be specific... I've had my eye on a bunch of AGE system stuff --- Modern AGE, the Expanse RPG, and Threefold --- but haven't picked up anything but the free quickstarts yet. I'm also a fan of art/setting books, the Deus Ex and Assassins Creed art books are fantastic, and I've low-key wanted a copy of the Worlds of Android for a while. For RPGs I'm good with PDFs but for anything art-heavy I need physical copies as my eyes aren't what they used to be

I'm a big Transformers fan and a bit of a Gundam nut, so plastic robots in kit or toy form are always welcome. I do drink, so booze is welcome. And if yiz want to send dongs, send dongs. It'll be funny.

I don't play wargames or use miniatures (one of the reasons I love gunpla is not needing to paint anything), I worked for White Wolf/Onyx Path so have everything I want from them, and I'm outright allergic to anything D&D/D20/OSR related.

General Location

:scotland:

Solemn Vow

I solemnly swear that I will not grinch, lest a sentient time-share scheme transports my birthday thirty years back in time.

DigitalRaven fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Nov 13, 2019

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Please send me the Red Gobbo.

I’ve been an extra good Grotletariat this year!!!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Thanks everyone who has signed up so far! I have not yet sent out your signup email responses, I'll do the first batch later today.

Xiahou Dun posted:

My only even theoretical complaint is that's like an RPG book and a quarter in terms of price, so it's kind of requiring a stocking stuffer little extra to get the value in. Not that it's expensive, just that it's at a very specific value.

But even that would be the most mild of complaints ever that I don't even have and am just pointing out as a theoretical thing someone might have.

O darn, I'll have to give someone an actual gift and another 4$ in random funny stuff to round out the total. The horror. The horror.

Benedict posted:

Leperflesh - Inflation is 2% per year, so if it was 30 in 2017 (which i think it was) we should be clocking about $32, which is an unwieldy number, so rounding up to 35 is acceptable and will future proof for at least a few years ahead

We last raised the amount from $25 to $30 in 2012, so in terms of inflation I think we're actually behind. And, it's true that there's maybe fewer products that cost about $35 than that cost about $30, but there's some, particularly when stuff priced above that is mildly discounted. For example, Infinity RPG is currently $37.31 on Amazon (marked down from 49.99). We also have lots of goons who do miniatures and boardgames. I think it'll work out OK.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

O sorry if I wasn't clear. I entirely agree.

I was playing Devil's Advocate with something someone might in theory disagree with.

I'm personally happy with the idea of having an extra 9$ or whatever to play with to, say, hand someone a no longer in print LCG or something. (Enh, who doesn't want like 5 decks of Anachronism? Guys? Guys?)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK all signup emails received so far have been replied-to.

I did not receive a signup email yet from JIZZ DENOUEMENT. JD, if you'd like to participate, you'll need to review the OP and follow the instructions please.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Yeah I'm in this year why not.

My name is aldantefax and I am a jelly donut. Last time I participated someone sent me an anime pornography sweater hoodie on accident. Looking forward to fun and excitement again this year! I know where Leperflesh lives.

Gift Preferences

I watch anime on a regular basis and I like kung fu. Recently I've gotten into the habit of trying to get into shape, so I would discourage anything that is gonna just be giant calorie bombs. I'm also allergic to shellfish too.

Gaming wise I think I prefer games with a BGG weight of 3.0 or more. I like complex engine-building or worker placement games, but I also like other stuff like abstract strategy (been playing Hive pocket recently) and just whatever works.

I am a D&Der, GURPSer, and tabletop games connoisseur. I'm also a dice hoarder and also a gewgaw and gadgets collector. I like weird gaming-related paraphenalia. Someone sent me an old campaign setting / self contained tabletop RPG box with a bunch of old character sheets in it and I absolutely loved that. Someone else sent me Gundam models and a book of anime girls and that was cool too.

If you are planning to send me clothes, I am a Big Dude still, so if you're eyeing that 34.99 hentai sweater to send then make sure it fits. US 4XL Men's plus for shirts and 3XL for pants. Maybe next year I'll go down a couple of sizes!

If you're really struggling for a gift to send me you can use Leperflesh or the old IRC crew that hangs out in #partyhard for inspiration. Many, many people have a reasonable idea of what I do and don't like, despite me not posting much anymore.

General Location: Austin, Texas

Solemn Vow: I will send all grinches to the pain.

aldantefax fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Nov 17, 2019

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Signing up for some opossum secret santa! My name is NTRabbit, and I've been gainfully employed for just over 6 months now, largely trying to help people who need help within a system designed to punish them for needing help. I don't know where Leperflesh lives, but I might if he assigns himself to me.

Gift Preferences

I like all kinds of things, from miniatures, to board games, to RPGs (that I never get to play but at least get to read), to game adjacent things like gear, merch, and gundams and other hobby kit stuff. You might recognise me as the positive guy from the Mantic thread. I prefer physical things, but digital is fine too if that's what works for my santa. This is my BGG collection/wishlist, this is my DTRPG wishlist though I can't find a way to show my existing library, this is my largely uncurated Amazon wishlist (stored on UK because that's where I started, though we now have an extremely empty local amazon you may be forced to use because Bezos), and this is my roughly up to date miniatures collection not including big rear end boxes of Bones 2/3/4. Surprises, local delights, home made, food and alcohol, dog treats, et al, are all fine with me.

Solemn Vow
I swear by the moon and the stars in the sky
And I swear like the shadow that's by your side
I see the questions in your eyes
I know what's weighing on your mind
You can be sure I know my heart
I will not grinch this holiday apart

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Nov 25, 2019

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
Its been a while since I did this so its time to sign up again!

Gift Preferences
I've been getting back into painting and minis in the last year and been having a lot of fun. I started with the Kill Team starter and have expanded out into a Genestealer cult army. I also picked up some AoS Squigs because I've always loved the models. Any fun project that could be used in kill team (feel free to surprise me with something from a different faction) or squigs/squig adjacent things would be cool. I also have found I really enjoy building and terrain so any terrain/scenery stuff would also be cool. I also play a lot of board games. You can see my collection on BGG here. Im doing BGG secret santa too so I would ignore the wishlist there. If you know of fun games for 2 players that look like the kind of thing I would like that would be awesome.

Massachusetts. I do live in an area where package theft is common so if you could give me a heads up as to when to expect a package it would be really helpful.

Solemn Vow
I will never grinch anyone, and if anyone does get grinched this year I'm happy to step in and help out a secret santa orphan.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

I love secret santa, and it's been way too long since I participated in any!

Gift Preferences
I've been bitten pretty hard by a radioactive warhamster, so I've really jumped into the deep end of the plastic dolly pool; anything related to this would be well received. Especially if it fits into my current "Bad-rear end Ladies of the Imperium" project - I shall sing your goonly praises for any addition to that. Apart from that, anything physical would be a great gift; unless, of course, that would be too expensive for my santa. And unless otherwise specified, that's the sort of stuff I'll be gifting, too. I don't really have time for TV or vidya games anymore, but that's pretty much the only thing I would advise against.

Solemn Vow
I shall not grinch, nor shall I send lame gifts. Nor shall my gifts be dangerous to any Good Boy of the canine persuasion. This I vow upon pain of eternal ridicule!

e: Grinches get stenches!

inscrutable horse fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Nov 14, 2019

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I have been a good (if misspelled) Scoolbus this year.

I like obscure RPGs (the crappier the better). For example, I have Dragonraid and Metascape on my bookshelf in places of honor! No food or drink or dongs, please.

Location: in the Bay Area so Leperflesh can hunt me down if I Grinch.

If I grinch, may I be forced to play nothing but AW hacks until the end of time!

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Love me some TG secret santa!

GIFT PREFERENCES
I'm a big fan of RPGs; Legacy, anything by Fria Ligan, Tome of Mysteries for Monster of the Week, Band of Blades, the Infinity RPG, weird old stuff; anything from there would be great.
I'm also doing a parcel of RPG design myself, and GODDAMN character sheet design is a pain in the rear end. If there's a book on information design you think might help, or other useful tools within the monetary horizon of gifting,that'd be great too!

Note: I work in a job where I stare at .pdfs all day, and generally prefer hardcopy books for my leisure material. But if there's a cool itch.io tabletop game you really want to give me, or other cool indie stuff that only comes electronically, that's absolutely fine.

I also play miniature games; high quality brushes or related painting supplies are always welcome. If you happen to have a lead on a good deal, a warband from Games Workshop's Warcry or Necromunda would be neat; I haven't had a chance to play either, but I love the models. (Particularly Splintered Fang and Cypher Lords for Warcry and Orlocks and Van Saar for Necromuda, but they're all cool).
I'm a big fan of level 99's games, but I have a lot of them. Any season 1 Exceed boxes would be ace.

GENERAL LOCATION
I'm in PA, USA.

VOW
Grinches get pinches, and I have tender skin. No grinch! NO GRINCH!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Caught up with emails. Don't have anything yet from Humbug or JD.

Please do, respectfully and without spamming, advertise TGSS in other game-related threads, folks! Just one post per thread is best. A lot of goons don't really browse TG, we tend to stick to our game threads and megathreads etc., so folks don't always notice.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
One of my favorite things about the holiday times!

Gift Preferences
I haven't been really keeping up with board games much so anything new and hot I most likely don't have. I have a CSI wishlight here, other than that been having my eye on CGE's Adrenaline lately. I am also deep, deep into Keyforge so a nice token set or World's Collide Set decks are always welcome. Handmade stuff or local snacks are cool too. No alcohol or minis please.

Solemn Vow
I love giving gifts and will not shirk my duties this year.

Chekans 3 16 fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 18, 2019

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Back again! I forget how many years I've been doing this.

Gift Preferences
I have very little space in my flat so I prefer gifts which are small, digital, or consumable. But I will make space for anything really really good.

I don't care for wargames, and I've been gaming since I was 9 so I've got pretty much every mainstream RPG I'm ever going to need. If you're going to get me an RPG, go weird. Left-field stuff by people I've never heard of is best. Or just other good gifts!

General Location
UK

Solemn Vow
I promise to deliver cheer worth at least $35.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and I didn’t miss the thread this time!

Preferences
We’re already in the cyberpunk future, so let’s make this dystopia the one we were promised. I’m getting into the local cyberpunk scene, and I’m looking for props. Shadowrun, Cyberpunk 2077, Blade Runner and the like. Stuff for concerts, events, parties, etc.

Also booze! I love mead - the sweeter, the better! Vodka, too. If you happen to drink, send a favorite!

Cool dice are always in season. Metal, machined, casino, stone, bone - the more unique, the less likely to get stolen!

I also have 2 gorgeous cats, Amy and Cola. If you’re so inclined, murder simulators and/or :catdrugs: would be appreciated.

The Oath
Not only have I never Grinched, I volunteer for de-grinching duty.

Rhyos fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Nov 15, 2019

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I arise once more to challenge Santa for my annual due!

Gift Preferences: Here is a spreadsheet. It lists all the physical products I currently have, so definitely don't get me any of that, thank you. As for stuff I would actually like, in no particular order:

• I am still on my Mage the Awakening kick, and I wouldn't mind getting some of the better 1st edition books like Astral Realms, Intruders, Seers of the Throne or even the old core book. Likewise, I am interested in getting my hands on 1st edition Vampire the Requiem stuff like the core, the Clan books, Damnation City or the Camarilla stuff.

• I would like to fill out my TOR collection with the adventure modules (Darkening of Mirkwood, Laughter of Dragons, Oaths of the Riddermark, Tales from Wilderland (revised edition)).

• I am likewise always interested in picking at the edges of my Rolemaster (old 80's stuff, none of the newer stuff) and MERP collection.

• I'd like to get my hands on some of the better D&D 4th Edition books like Dark Sun and Eberron.

• I've got cats so you might as well send me stuff that's expressly for them instead of pretending I personally own any of the stuff in my home.

• I am here for incredibly weird, interesting, terrible and stupid movies, and count my past TGSS presents in this regard a great success (The Ringing Bell and Blood Diner).

Further notes: I am not against PoD and PDF, but there's a very high likelihood I already have what I want out of these sub-planes of giftery. I'm not saying "absolutely not" but, you know, probably not. If you want to send me a dildo, please make sure it's a hilarious dildo.

Thanks in advance!

Vow: I will wrest my prize from Santa's grasp in chilling ritual, and in turn bestow rewards upon my fellow Santaists, forever may the Grinch stay outside the fire's light.

That Old Tree fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 15, 2019

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm caught up with the emails. Still nothing from JIZZ DENOUEMENT but maybe he didn't really intend to sign up.

Including myself we have 19 goons signed up. That's about half the number we had for the main round last year, and we have a week to go for signups, so not too bad!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah sure, it's been a few years I might as well.

gift preferences No miniatures please. Otherwise it turns out my last apartment had a bad case of mold that destroyed much of my RPG collection.

So what I'm trying to say is surprise me, almost anything will be welcomed. No alcohol though.

Location Illinois

I'm willing to international ship this year.

Vow I make this solemn promise that grinches get stitches. Every year I've done this I've had a good time so I'll try and pay it forward.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Welcome back! I always love to see folks come back after an absence, we have a few of you this year.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm down for this

Gift Preferences
I am a sucker for cool minis. I prefer fantasy poo poo over sci-fi and I use them in D&D games and maybe in KoW/Warhams armies etc, cool PC/NPC things, monsters, whatever
I have too many dice so unless they are REALLY cool or unusual I don't need them
I own more RPG books than I can shake a big stick at so I probably don't need them either.
Small board/card games are good, especially if they are 5+ players. I really enjoy (and already own) things like Titan,FamilyBuisness, Dungeon of Fortune, Munchkin, Thieves Market, Inoka, etc to give you an idea

General Location
Florida, man

Solemn Vow
I will do all the things or I'll die 'till I'm dead.

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?
As always, super excited for this. I don't really post much here, but am constantly lurking.

Gift Preferences I'm pretty keen on fantasy maps/atlases (my favorite game at the moment is Companion's Tale), RPGs, as well as small or co-op board games. I also recently got into Gaslands, though there is no one around to play it with. And some of my acadmic research looks at games/interactive fictions, so things related to that are also welcome. Basically, go nuts! If you, a wise and venerable TG goon think something is cool, then share it with me so I can enoy it too! (Exceptions: no Munchkin/Exploiding Kittens/Cards Against Humanity, preferably something non-digital if possible.)

General Location Tilburg, the Netherlands

Solem Vow I will bring the holiday cheer if it is the last thing that I do.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
I’ve been trying to be more involved in the forums and tradgames, even if I occasionally forget to update my threads with stuff I’ve done.

Preferences
I’m pretty all-over-the-map regarding this kind of stuff. Biggest hobby is miniatures - I do a lot of sculpting and conversion, and absolutely love weird miniatures, in part because there’s something charming about the art of yesteryear. Sculpting supplies (putties, wire, little greebling bits) are always incredibly great.

Otherwise, I’m a big fan of older pulp, modern theatre, and weird clothing, as well as random musician stuff. My wife and I have numerous dogs, so good quality treats are always appreciated.

General Location
The Midwest along that greatest of lakes, Michigan. Though not in the state of Michigan.

Sacred Oath
I solemnly swear by the tiny dogs currently sitting on me that holiday cheer shall blossom forth delightfully from my mailbox to my santees. I also vow to post pictures of any gift, including between 1-4 dogs who will demonstrate their appreciation for your goodwill and cheer.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh cool, OK sorry Bloop, Rid, and Hedningen, I haven't gotten to your emails yet but don't fret, I'll do them tomorrow.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Caught up on emails.

The deadline for the main round is coming up this Saturday, and suddenly it's starting to look like I might be camping that day. If that happens, I might not get to do assignments and stuff until Sunday night - I hope nobody will be too impacted by having one less day to do your shopping and shipping, sorry!

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
I missed out last year, but I am making sure that I'm participating this year!

Preferences: I have a more miniatures than I know what to do with, so please none of those. But, I'm always looking for new board games to play with my group of friends or interesting RPGs. See the link for what board games I already have in my collections https://i.imgur.com/q3xes0B.jpg I have the big ones like DnD, the warhammer rpgs, and call of cthulhu/delta green. I have fallen deep into Magic the Gathering the past 6 months and always need neat things.

General location: Colorado

Solemn vow: I shall never, ever be a grinch.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Finally! I've been looking for this thread since Nov 1st.

Gift Preferences: I like good food/snacks, new Fantasy and Sci-Fi books I haven't read, and Steam gifts, tho I prefer at least some physical component over a purely digital Christmas even if it's only a bag of chocolate or something. Gotta open presents, man. Steam ID is same as my forums name.

General Location: Baton Rouge, LA

Solemn Vow: I am no grinch, sir.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rhjamiz posted:

Finally! I've been looking for this thread since Nov 1st.

Did you get the reminder email? You're on the mailing list... it was sent Nov. 12th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Did you get the reminder email? You're on the mailing list... it was sent Nov. 12th.

I did not. Not in my spam, either, apparently. I was looking for the reminder email too, but never saw it.