Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
gas thread ban op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

eonwe posted:

gas thread ban op

smdh this language is trivializing the holocaust, ban

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
It was genocide of the kazakhs, all the Ukrainians were just collateral damage

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
genocide by famine is pretty low energy. the coal and oil lobbies know how to do it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://yasha.substack.com/p/despite-a-jewish-president-ukraine

https://yasha.substack.com/p/america-sponsors-far-right-holocaust-000

https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1108140169289441280

https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1084224226448629760

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
there was a soviet-wide famine that killed millions because an AFSCME sanitation worker from buffalo named jerry steel took over the soviet union and embarked on a crash program of forced collectivization as a way to industrialize the country against the advice of practically all of his advisors, most of whom got murked. the term holodomor as a ukraine-specific thing was primarily weaponized by anti-communist ukrainian exiles and the international right-wing movement to draw an equivalence between the soviet and nazi regimes, and to exploit national tensions within the soviet union, which contributed to its implosion and another three million excess deaths according to one study

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC259165/

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 02:22 on Nov 25, 2019

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!
I'm going to be honest here; I thought this thread would quickly implode and I'd have to start banning people but am quite pleased to see that everyone ignored the OP's dumbass bait and mostly just decided to talk about the causes and contributing factors of the famine in Ukraine SSR (and elsewhere) the 30s.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I'm going to be honest here; I thought this thread would quickly implode and I'd have to start banning people but am quite pleased to see that everyone ignored the OP's dumbass bait and mostly just decided to talk about the causes and contributing factors of the famine in Ukraine SSR (and elsewhere) the 30s.

i changed my mind, it didn't happen

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

C-SPAM has a legitimate problem with genocide apologia. :brainworms:

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

hmm yes quite pleased about this genocide thread. continue, plebes

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

T-man posted:

C-SPAM has a legitimate problem with genocide apologia. :brainworms:

Dunno if I'd go that far but being marginally serious I do think that people here can/do overreact in defense of left or left-seeming regimes as they're (understandably) so goddamn tired of the capitalist hellnation most of us have to live in, and thus turn a blind eye toward those bad elements that do exist in the histories of the USSR and PRC among other things.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Dunno if I'd go that far but being marginally serious I do think that people here can/do overreact in defense of left or left-seeming regimes as they're (understandably) so goddamn tired of the capitalist hellnation most of us have to live in, and thus turn a blind eye toward those bad elements that do exist in the histories of the USSR and PRC among other things.

bad faith arguments whereas the US is perpetuating several genocides of its own that no one has apologized for currently because neoliberalism is brain damage, which C-SPAM continuously points out and acknowledges said atrocities at the hypocrisy of the neoliberal architects responsible for them

StabbinHobo
Oct 18, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
debating if the russian or chinese famines were stalin or mao or communism's fault is retro boring poo poo

the more interesting question is: will the coming hyperfamines in our 3 and 4C futures be considered Xi's fault?

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

the localized genocides of native american tribes and also the larger scope of native american genocide absolutely should be acknowledged by both the us government and the un and it is hosed as well, and the us is complicit in the perpetuation of other genocides across the world (currently, notably, the kurdish displacement from syria)

please put this thread out of its misery

e: also gently caress australia

not an endorsement has issued a correction as of 03:34 on Nov 25, 2019

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

StabbinHobo posted:

debating if the russian or chinese famines were stalin or mao or communism's fault is retro boring poo poo

the more interesting question is: will the coming hyperfamines in our 3 and 4C futures be considered Xi's fault?

china is capitalist now so it will be the peasants' fault for not saving up to buy food

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/dwnews/status/1198544706126393346

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

not an endorsement posted:

the localized genocides of native american tribes and also the larger scope of native american genocide absolutely should be acknowledged by both the us government and the un and it is hosed as well, and the us is complicit in the perpetuation of other genocides across the world (currently, notably, the kurdish displacement from syria)

please put this thread out of its misery

e: also gently caress australia

i get mocking bad faith arguments and making fun of genocide denial but some posters will either miss the cue, or use it as a stepping stone as real genocide denial and hide behind a paperthin veneer of irony to do it and abusing irony to perpetuate it.

it is inevitable so :gas: imo

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Ah yes, Bavaria, home of the Beer Hall Putsch.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
only a gun can ensure a famine never happens again

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
why does Bavaria have its own intelligence agency

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

eonwe posted:

gas thread ban op

shut up dumbass

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

closest American analogue is probably Reagan with AIDS; saying he -caused- it is a bit of a stretch, but it's totally uncontroversial that because he and his administration didn't give a poo poo about the people dying a lot more people died than needed to.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

well crisis plus the guy at the top actually had to take responsibility, unlike a free market full of Rational Actors that are incapable of morality and therefore can do nothing wrong; if people starved it is because those people failed to Act Rationally for their own interests.

neoliberalism was always going to be the end boss for humanity, cus nothing it does is anyone’s fault. they aren’t all coordinating their savagery to make number go up they are all just going their own way and who doesn’t like number? this is also why fascists raised by our society put soviets killed by nazis in the communist death toll column instead of the nazi death toll column

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain_Maclaine posted:

shut up bitch

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Darkman Fanpage posted:

shut up dumbass

dont gently caress with eonwe

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

You can gas the thread, but the post about keeping your grain needs to be goldmined

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
when you look at the sky and no rain hits your eye
Holodomor-é
When you beg for breadlines but J. Stalin declines
Holodomor-é

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

why does Bavaria have its own intelligence agency

f e d e r a l i s m

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

just ban all MLMs who aren't men loving men from this board and it would improve massively

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

T-man posted:

just ban all MLMs who aren't men loving men from this board and it would improve massively

You're actually the worst poster in every thread you frequent and cause massive derails in the most unfunny and tedious way possible

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
i'm not sexually attracted to men (sad but true, RIP) but i love my fellow man for real and that's why i pursue the politics that i do. i want all my big hunky fellow bois to be safe and secure and happy. also the holodomor was a tragedy. thanks

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

really queer Christmas posted:

You can gas the thread, but the post about keeping your grain needs to be goldmined

new forum title, imho

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

T-man posted:

just ban all MLMs who aren't men loving marxism from this board and it would improve massively

fixed that for you. no need to thank me

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Terminal autist posted:

You're actually the worst poster in every thread you frequent and cause massive derails in the most unfunny and tedious way possible

Wrong

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

In short we're just caught up in the churn, is all

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Terminal autist posted:

there's no need for flattery my friend

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

T-man posted:

Stalin is a man though

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
you like grain huh

well then have all the grain in the world!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKQBmxEgEFM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
the soviets had flying pyramids that hoovered up all of the grain into it for storage purposes

its still classified to this day