Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Question: is there a difference between a German Suplex over the head and a German Suplex over the shoulder/to the side of the head? I feel like the difference is weight/strength but maybe there's something technical I'm missing. And

TV Zombie posted:

Is the release german the most dangerous version because you're basically throwing them backwards in the air and depending on how well you throw them, the suplexed has no way of controlling how they fall?

Adding a bridge to a German Suplex makes the move look so much cooler. No contest. I appreciate a regular suplex don't get me wrong, but that bridge always makes it feel oddly elegant on top of very dangerous. Actually, Spuckuk put it better than I can:

Spuckuk posted:

Unsurprisingly, even though he doesn't do them often, Okadas Germans are sublime:

CarlCX posted:

Takayama is an extremely good candidate. I don't know that I'd call him the best but I think Akira Tozawa is underrated; the speed and smoothness with which he busts them out makes them look incredible.

I would call him the best. I remember the first time I saw a Tozawa match when he busted that out and it was like my soul left my body. I'm in awe of that guy, straight up. I love the Snap German Suplex, I am a believer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

I don't think I could kill someone with a german suplex but Vader definitely could

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaDqnriHTes

:stonk:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I've stared at that Okada gif for a bit and I'm convincing myself that it's in slow motion. How he keeps on his toes is just so amazing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Spuckuk posted:

Unsurprisingly, even though he doesn't do them often, Okadas Germans are sublime:

Reminder he was still only in his loving 20s when he did this, Jesus Christ he's loving perfect.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that gif is in slow motion.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

its good to know that I'm not imagining things.

NULL_SIGNAL
Feb 19, 2013

does Croyt's Wrath count as a german suplex?

https://twitter.com/mrlariato/status/896347533114580993

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

oooh gently caress i forgot how much i love Croyt's Wrath. One Winged Angel is cool and all, but Croyt's Wrath is Kenny's superior finisher and you'll never convince me otherwise. i mean i guess it is just an extra step for a German suplex, but it still loving rules.

https://twitter.com/golazodan/status/888153996577431553

https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1142548974261477376

and enjoy this tiny one with him and Ibushi

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Question: is there a difference between a German Suplex over the head and a German Suplex over the shoulder/to the side of the head? I feel like the difference is weight/strength but maybe there's something technical I'm missing. And

Are you talking about a Backdrop/Side Waistlock Suplex?

A Back Suplex is when one is lifted onto one shoulder, almost similar to the start of an atomic drop, and the wrestler performing the move falls straight back/or drops the guy straight down.

A German, or Belly to Back Suplex, is when the guy is grabbed directly from behind, around the waist, and is lifted up and falls/tossed straight back.

A Backdrop/Side Waistlock Suplex has the wrestler performing come in from the side with a waist lock, lifts and drops/throws them, usually at an angle. (See below) It is considered different from a German Suplex.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shawn Michaels used one of those before the Sweet Chin Music, but he would grab through the legs instead of the waist.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

HulkaMatt posted:

sekimoto's deadlift german suplex

Yeah the big boy duplex is the best, Tozawa’s snap German is also best

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Also I call dibs for next month

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Aphrodite posted:

Shawn Michaels used one of those before the Sweet Chin Music, but he would grab through the legs instead of the waist.

That's a Teardrop Suplex.

FYI, HBK's list of single finishers went:

1) Teardrop Suplex
2) Piledriver
And finally,
3) Sweet Chin Music.

Which always cracks me up when people complain (not on here, elsewhere), about wrestlers not using the Superkick as a finisher. Even with HBK, for the longest time it was just a set up move.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 4, 2019

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

this post made me happy :)

Davros1 posted:

Are you talking about a Backdrop/Side Waistlock Suplex?

A Back Suplex is when one is lifted onto one shoulder, almost similar to the start of an atomic drop, and the wrestler performing the move falls straight back/or drops the guy straight down.

A German, or Belly to Back Suplex, is when the guy is grabbed directly from behind, around the waist, and is lifted up and falls/tossed straight back.

A Backdrop/Side Waistlock Suplex has the wrestler performing come in from the side with a waist lock, lifts and drops/throws them, usually at an angle. (See below) It is considered different from a German Suplex.

Apologies for being confusing. I thought I had an example of what I was talking about but I can't find it. I'll do some more research to explain what I mean. But I did want to say I loved this post. It was very informative.

No Irish Need Imply fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Dec 5, 2019

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Would you rather take a German Suplex through a door or through light tubes?

I was terrified of taking a german suplex. I had a bad experience with a side suplex/backdrop driver and would always suggest something else, but if I HAD to do it I would say light tubes.

I cant seem to find it but there is a gif of ADR giving a brutal German suplex to Sin Cara that is a beauty.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Huntman posted:

oooh gently caress i forgot how much i love Croyt's Wrath. One Winged Angel is cool and all, but Croyt's Wrath is Kenny's superior finisher and you'll never convince me otherwise. i mean i guess it is just an extra step for a German suplex, but it still loving rules.

https://twitter.com/golazodan/status/888153996577431553

https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1142548974261477376

and enjoy this tiny one with him and Ibushi

This is absolutely wild to me. The strength and control needed to do this off of the turnbuckle... goddamn.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

you know, i had a really good one planned for next month, but i'll let you have it. i get the month after you, whatever month that may be.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I personally like Tozawa's snap german the most. It's so fast and smooth it feels like he's hacked into reality and can magically do it faster than anyone else

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
This one is also good with a little extra context - this is the finish to Suzu Suzuki's debut match in the opener of Ribbonmania, Ice Ribbon's biggest show of the year against Asahi, another rookie although someone who'd been wrestling for just over a year at this point:

https://twitter.com/Shinmaru/status/1204137028461318144?s=20

Perhaps not technically the best German Suplex ever but still very impressive for a literal rookie who was 16-17 at the time; plus with less experienced wrestlers the story of them trying moves, not quite getting them right but then improving to become more technically proficient isn't one that's intentional but really helps to flesh out the story of the rookies in wrestling. Also started an interesting rookie feud that was fun to follow early in this year and seeing Suzu improve has been very cool and a great part of Ice Ribbon in 2019.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

NULL_SIGNAL posted:

a Dean Malenko compilation will probably belong in every one of these threads
until we hit Vol. 1001

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

From the social media thread

https://twitter.com/Emman_TheKid/status/1226834708396298247?s=20

Somewhat unfair to use console commands to set gravity to 0.5 though

Also I guess no one made a The Best Vol thread for February yet. Maybe I'll make it tomorrow

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Ha, I just came here to post that.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

extradite THIS! posted:

Also I guess no one made a The Best Vol thread for February yet. Maybe I'll make it tomorrow

What are you thinking? DDTs could be a good one

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Dacap posted:

What are you thinking? DDTs could be a good one

Gonna make it about my favorite move. You'll see in a bit when I'm home!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://i.imgur.com/FGOap2J.gifv

Edit gently caress already posted so lets instead remember rick steiner was as much a freak as his brother

Put them in the hall of fame already

Lid fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 11, 2020

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Tossing loving VADER should not look that effortless, Christ

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dacap posted:

Tossing loving VADER should not look that effortless, Christ

holy poo poo you aren't kidding

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

It doesn’t even look like Vader is jumping up much to lessen the load, the Steiners were just straight up monsters. He’s throwing Vader like Brock suplexing Mysterio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Steiners faced the Outsiders at... I think the first Souled Out and Scott was just chucking Nash and Hall all over the drat place.

Young Steiners were absurd to watch.