Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

yeah, they're great if you want to fart iSCSI at a VMware cluster or whatever and also don't want to be allowed to set it up, janitor it, keep it up to date, install security patches, or troubleshoot it yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kazinsal posted:

yeah, they're great if you want to fart iSCSI at a VMware cluster or whatever and also don't want to be allowed to set it up, janitor it, keep it up to date, install security patches, or troubleshoot it yourself

you say not allowed, i say don’t have to

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Kazinsal posted:

that sounds ideal, op

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

we got a bunch of purestorage along with a cluster at work. seems neat/fast, but wasn't what we ordered. asked for vast/weka/pnfs, got network block storage. thankfully bizdev rammed the deal though before anyone could object, so i guess i get to build a solution on top of purestorage now

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

outhole surfer posted:

we got a bunch of purestorage along with a cluster at work. seems neat/fast, but wasn't what we ordered. asked for vast/weka/pnfs, got network block storage. thankfully bizdev rammed the deal though before anyone could object, so i guess i get to build a solution on top of purestorage now

yeah i used pure storage for yeeting iscsi at vmware and it was great

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Captain Foo posted:

yeah i used pure storage for yeeting iscsi at vmware and it was great

nice

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

well i definitely just got trolled into looking up whether that's real or not

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

shackleford posted:

well i definitely just got trolled into looking up whether that's real or not

so did I, but it's true

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i believe if you use vvols it supports storage level snapshot for veeam but i never got that enabled, vvols are cool though

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Cidrick posted:

so did I, but it's true

each day we stray further from g-d's light

Bourricot
Aug 7, 2016

Cidrick posted:

so did I, but it's true

quote:

For the people who built it, for the people who release it, and for the furries who keep all of our clusters online, we present to you Kubernetes v1.30: Uwubernetes, the cutest release to date.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

weren't there a bunch of high profile site outages coinciding with some furry con a few months ago

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

lol

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese
evergreen tweet

https://twitter.com/mmsword/status/1200147947331043328

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Progressive JPEG posted:

weren't there a bunch of high profile site outages coinciding with some furry con a few months ago

So, like, a weekend?

https://furrycons.com/calendar/