Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

I am working on a new form of tragedy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Heather Papps posted:

I am working on a new form of tragedy

aren't we all

El Spider

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

vanisher

Making a new kind of tragedy but failing and creating a new kind of humor on accident

biosterous

a kind of humour where you bring up things that people in the past tried to do and failed hard at, but instead of mocking them you're kinda happy that the thing they made existed at all

this is called the bob semple tank school of comedy or bstsoc for short. it's pronounced bist-soc

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

vanisher posted:

Making a new kind of tragedy but failing and creating a new kind of humor on accident

the twin masks of comedy and tragedy gain a new mask that just looks at everything with a vaguely bemused and dissatisfied expression

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Goons Are Gifts

magic cactus posted:

the twin masks of comedy and tragedy gain a new mask that just looks at everything with a vaguely bemused and dissatisfied expression

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dicey Humor: You roll a D20, if you roll a successful save (a no name comedian is +0 bonus, a good comedian is +5, a world class comedian is +10 to laugh a lovely comedian is -5, a really bad one is -10) you laugh. If you fail your save the first joke, you do nothing. A second failed save results in a heckle, a successful save after that results in no action, and a successful save after that is a laugh.

I'm sure there's a place in society to keep track of these rolls in the form of an app, but imagining the clatter of dice rolls after every joke at a stand up comedy club makes my heart swell with joy for some disturbing reason...

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

google THIS

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Dicey Humor: You roll a D20, if you roll a successful save (a no name comedian is +0 bonus, a good comedian is +5, a world class comedian is +10 to laugh a lovely comedian is -5, a really bad one is -10) you laugh. If you fail your save the first joke, you do nothing. A second failed save results in a heckle, a successful save after that results in no action, and a successful save after that is a laugh.

I'm sure there's a place in society to keep track of these rolls in the form of an app, but imagining the clatter of dice rolls after every joke at a stand up comedy club makes my heart swell with joy for some disturbing reason...

You enter a large dark room. Suddenly a bright light shines in your face. It's a spotlight. You are on a stage. At least 300 audience members are sitting in front of you. Roll for comedic timing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

google THIS posted:

You enter a large dark room. Suddenly a bright light shines in your face. It's a spotlight. You are on a stage. At least 300 audience members are sitting in front of you. Roll for comedic timing.

rear end in a top hat wizard heckler mass casting tasha's hideous laughter on the rest of the audience to tank your set

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!