Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Jerusalem posted:

Yep! I remember earlier in the season seeing the Ferengi bartender and thinking it was a bit too fan-servicey (I guess Quark's REALLY had staying power as a franchise!) but then I noticed Morn and gently caress it, I'm good with the idea that he's just eternally always at the bar. Any bar. EVERY bar. :)

There is more than one way to Ascend. When Ascended Badgy found he could be everywhere at once he lost his homicidal urges. When Ascended Morn found he could be everywhere at once, he chose to manifest in every bar everywhere, forever. There's probably a Q somewhere mad they didn't think of it first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Facebook Aunt posted:

Shimerman is getting a little old for fight scenes. So is Dorn, for that matter. Best to have skilled stuntmen work with him so he doesn't hurt himself.

Shatner though, Shatner still got it!

Just you watch, he could re-do the gorn fight any day of the week!!!

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

dr_rat posted:

Shatner though, Shatner still got it!

Just you watch, he could re-do the gorn fight any day of the week!!!

He can't though. Neither of them can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hnBp7x2QAE

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Accipiter posted:

He can't though. Neither of them can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hnBp7x2QAE

I do love this.

To be clear, the Shat/og Gorn bit, not that horrible game.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Cojawfee posted:

I really hope the Breen aren't even looking for them. They are both idiots, as John Wick of Dogs pointed out. When the guy was all "I'm putting an erigah on you", it would be hilarious if that was just a way for him to make Moll and Lak go away forever. There is no blood bounty or whatever. They are just running around the galaxy all "Oh no, the Breen are going to find us, we have to keep hiding!" Meanwhile the guy's uncle is living it up now that his dipshit nephew isn't loving up the docks anymore.
Moll and L'ak's plan is extraordinarily stupid. They are going to bring the Breen the ancient tech, and then why wouldn't the Breen just kill them immediately? They have no reason to not gently caress them over.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Because L’ak is still Breen royalty and presumably they’d be bringing the Progenitor weapon back to his uncle. The assumption would be that since they’re family, all would be forgiven given the power of the device could tip the Breen infighting in their favor.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I mean that doesn't stop them from just killing them both, the Breen are pretty ruthless generally

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

Moll and L'ak's plan is extraordinarily stupid. They are going to bring the Breen the ancient tech, and then why wouldn't the Breen just kill them immediately? They have no reason to not gently caress them over.

Pretty sure Michael makes the same point in the episode.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The galaxy’s a big place, just go hide on some middle of nowhere planet and raise space sheep or something. You’ve got a ship, you can go anywhere!

I hope this ep killed Book’s drive to help her. Like, she gave you nothing and hated her father. You’ve got no in.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

I hope this ep killed Book’s drive to help her. Like, she gave you nothing and hated her father. You’ve got no in.
I wouldn’t count on it

That guy is the king of lost causes, between these two mercs and that guy last season who was willing to gently caress over the galaxy to get to another universe

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I mean that doesn't stop them from just killing them both, the Breen are pretty ruthless generally

Granted, but they’re still just desperate fugitives. Not exactly the kind of motivation that leads to well-thought-out plans.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Why didn't Michael just tell them "hey that cute time spider thing showed me the timeline where you win and it's loving trashed by the Breen"?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

pik_d posted:

Why didn't Michael just tell them "hey that cute time spider thing showed me the timeline where you win and it's loving trashed by the Breen"?

Not trashed, just conquered by the Breen and Moll already said she didn’t give a poo poo so long as she and L’ak were safe

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I wouldn’t count on it

That guy is the king of lost causes, between these two mercs and that guy last season who was willing to gently caress over the galaxy to get to another universe

Book goes Qowat Milat is a twist I didn't see coming but makes perfect sense

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I don’t believe they have said either way if the Dominion is still a thing in this time, but I would not want to be going to live in the Gamma Quadrant to find out

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Me: Ok so let me get this straight, there's an erigah on you
Lok: Yes
Me: Because of your forbidden love with a human, and for showing your face
Me: Also you killed two guys and shot your uncle who is high royalty
Lok: Correct
Me: And your plan is, you found out about an ancient technology that might let you do anything
Me: And you are following clues left by ancient scientists step by step
Me: And then when you get this you are going to give it to your uncle
Me: Because he said he would lift the erigah?
Lok: No
Me: He didn't?
Lol: No
Me: But you know he is looking for it?
Me: Has he even ever heard of it?
Me: But now you're on the run from the Breen and Starfleet
Me: And Starfleet says the Breen will destroy the galaxy if they get that technology
Me: And you've been on the run for years trying to get it
Me: Have you seen any other Breen or been pursued by any in that time?
Me: Ok. I have a few more questions
Moll: Look, man, you don't understand what it's like! You weren't around for THE BURN. Things are different!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Why wouldn’t they just use the ancient tech to make their own paradise planet, with blackjack and hookers

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm pretty sure, outside of Moll actually saying,"Progenitors" in an earlier episode when she shouldn't have any idea about them, that they actually have no idea what the tech is or what it does, just that it is very powerful and valuable and gigantic organizations like Starfleet are willing to pour a ton of resources into getting it. In the latest episode, Burnham straight up asks L'ak if he knows what they're chasing and he says all he knows is that it is valuable.

So their plan is to find it, then go to the Breen and say,"Here's a thing that we don't know what it is, forgive our unforgivable crimes now thanks."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Sometimes a species threatens to destroy the galaxy and everything in it and you just gotta do what they say. Worked for the mass effect aliens, why not Breen?