Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I like my chicken tenders moist on the inside. The deli section at my local safeway is surprisingly good at delivering this criteria

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Annoying that wing places offering "boneless wings" are the only easy way that you can get really hot sauces with nuggets/tenders when eating out.

I know anything hotter than the ghost of paprika will scare away the midwesterners and wreck a menu item but goddamn I'd love to see a regular fast food place like wendy's or chick-fil-a offer even a mango habanero to move it up the scale.

tetsuo fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 11, 2020

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

The really hosed up thing is woody breast syndrome. It’s such an unpleasant texture. It’s the really big chicken breasts that have lots of white lines going through it. It’s like overly chewy and you can almost feel the layers of tissue when you bite it.

I noticed it a few times cooking at home before I learned to but the smaller ones and look for white lines and once in Popeyes tenders, the tenderloin shouldn’t be impacted either so lol.

Is this what causes the really stringy texture? I noticed it the one time I tried Popeye's tenders.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

tetsuo posted:

Annoying that wing places offering "boneless wings" are the only easy way that you can get really hot sauces with nuggets/tenders when eating out.

I know anything hotter than the ghost of paprika will scare away the midwesterners and wreck a menu item but goddamn I'd love to see a regular fast food place like wendy's or chick-fil-a offer even a mango habanero to move it up the scale.

https://twitter.com/dirkchatelain/status/1300992867654131715

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
gimme them tendos friendos.

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

The really hosed up thing is woody breast syndrome. It’s such an unpleasant texture. It’s the really big chicken breasts that have lots of white lines going through it. It’s like overly chewy and you can almost feel the layers of tissue when you bite it.

I noticed it a few times cooking at home before I learned to but the smaller ones and look for white lines and once in Popeyes tenders, the tenderloin shouldn’t be impacted either so lol.

i got one of these the other day, absolutely disgusting. had to spit the thing out.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Woody Breast and striping are two different things. You're absolutely eating chicken with striping. It's pretty much in every single Popeye's chicken source.

Woody breast is caused by lesions in the breast. The origin isn't well understood, but is believed to be either viral or bacterial.