Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Chicken Tenders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sports
Sep 1, 2012
The spread of chicken tender restaurants is a sign that adult America is becoming too picky, too infantile in it's diet. Social media tailors your ads and your media to their assumption of what you like, and mass-market food (outside of, you know, breakfast cereals) is now beginning to follow suit. It's a race to the bottom.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker
Publix Tendies

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Raising Cain or Chick a flick

By the tray

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I prefer chicken fingers OP

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Popeye's please bring back voodoo strips.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

chicken nugs

chicken tendies

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Going to start a breastaurant called Nugs and Juggs. Perfect for the millennial generation.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Tendie Express-o, serving fast food fried chicken and effeminate European coffee drinks.

:coffeepal::bernget20:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I like to buy the dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets because they say Pouletosaures on the French side

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Sid Vicious posted:

I like to buy the dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets because they say Pouletosaures on the French side

Hon hon hon *bites head off Pouletosaures*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

pseudorandom posted:

Publix Tendies

This my good sir.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I've done this exact thing many times, ostensibly they are for my kids but lol like I'm gonna make two dinners

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

The move is to bite the head off of the first dinosaur, dunk the stump in ketchup, and leave it on the plate as a warning to all the other nuggs of the fate that awaits them.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

CaptainPsyko posted:

The move is to bite the head off of the first dinosaur, dunk the stump in ketchup, and leave it on the plate as a warning to all the other nuggs of the fate that awaits them.

You dip chicken nuggets in ketchup what the gently caress man

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Sid Vicious posted:

What is your preferred dipping sauce?

sports
Sep 1, 2012

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

What is your preferred dipping sauce?

Spicy mustard, bbq sauce, or mayo

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
gotta be honey mustard for tenders

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Mcdonald's sweet and sour, which I ask for extra and hoard to go with better tenders.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
i feel like mcdonalds sauces are never quite right on anything but mcdonalds.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

i feel like mcdonalds sauces are never quite right on anything but mcdonalds.

It is a strange experience tasting them with different chicken at first.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Sid Vicious posted:

Just the one. For visual effect.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

CaptainPsyko posted:

Just the one. For visual effect.

Oh thank god

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Sid Vicious posted:

Really all chicken nuggets are dinosaur nuggets.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Sid Vicious posted:

Oh thank god

I was worried I was going to have to lay down my first real probe

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I was worried I was going to have to lay down my first real probe

Do it. Slaughter the ketchup eaters. They deserve no mercy.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
kfc chicken tenders have this weird stretchy tough skin stuff on/in them like 40% of the time, so every once in a while, you'll bite into it and have to chew it a gajillion times & then pull the skin out of your mouth

edit: like, obviously chicken has skin, but it's not supposed to be inedibly tough

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

What about catsup?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Universe Master posted:

What about catsup?

i prefer ketsup

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

YeahTubaMike posted:

kfc chicken tenders have this weird stretchy tough skin stuff on/in them like 40% of the time, so every once in a while, you'll bite into it and have to chew it a gajillion times & then pull the skin out of your mouth

edit: like, obviously chicken has skin, but it's not supposed to be inedibly tough

there's a thin membrane that separates the tenderloin from the breast. it usually hangs on to the tenderloin in processing, so it's just that. It is tough and chewy sometimes but isn't weird or anything.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
no, it's not weird, it's just undesirable

edit: i guess "not supposed to be" is bad phrasing

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
The really hosed up thing is woody breast syndrome. It’s such an unpleasant texture. It’s the really big chicken breasts that have lots of white lines going through it. It’s like overly chewy and you can almost feel the layers of tissue when you bite it.

I noticed it a few times cooking at home before I learned to but the smaller ones and look for white lines and once in Popeyes tenders, the tenderloin shouldn’t be impacted either so lol.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

The really hosed up thing is woody breast syndrome. It’s such an unpleasant texture. It’s the really big chicken breasts that have lots of white lines going through it. It’s like overly chewy and you can almost feel the layers of tissue when you bite it.

I noticed it a few times cooking at home before I learned to but the smaller ones and look for white lines and once in Popeyes tenders, the tenderloin shouldn’t be impacted either so lol.

ugh god I hate that, I've had to throw a lot of chicken away at home in the last couple years because of it. at least I can recognize the texture as I'm cutting it up raw in order to toss it before cooking now. and I've found that the problem is usually only in the round, thicker part of the breast, and not the pointy thin part.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
If your fast food establishment has a sausage gravy (might be called country gravy. It's the white gravy) get that with your chicken strips for dipping. It will triple the calories of your meal but it's so loving good.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Raising Cane's sucks!!! The sauce is excellent but the breading just always finds a way to slip off of the whole tender when you take the second bite. gently caress outta here with this slippery chicken tender bullshit, Cane's. Plus they don't ever cook the crinkle fries all the way so it's like having a potato cut into a bunch of soggy pieces.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

yeah canes seems to have gotten worse over the years

all about dat sauce tho :yum:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

pseudorandom posted:

Publix Tendies

With Buffalo Wild Wings Chipotle BBQ dry seasoning is god tier.

BWW sells shakers of the stuff and it's great on everything really.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You can buy Chik Fil A and Polynesian sauce at Publix, often found need the deli. It's a match made in heaven.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm hungry

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

gotta be honey mustard for tenders

no

Gravy and pickled jalapenos

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous cumhead!