Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
If you gently caress up Stairway to heaven I will take some money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Play freebird!

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Has anyone pointed out that Boomers are the actual worst type of person?

Yes, on page 3 or something. Which again blows me away, Boomers should've been a page 1 answer.

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

Impressionable people and people desperate to impress

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Richter Scabies posted:

Impressionable people and people desperate to impress

Desperate to impress and bald-face liar is a particularly potent combo

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
People who stood in line at the counter service place and waited until they got to the counter before deciding what to get.

Bonus points if there are kids with them.

And anyone who tries to make large purchases with small change. No stores aren't "happy" when you do this, they have to count this poo poo and counting 50bux in nickles and dimes takes forever.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

twistedmentat posted:

People who stood in line at the counter service place and waited until they got to the counter before deciding what to get.

Bonus points if there are kids with them.

Extra bonus: wait until getting to the counter to ask the kids what they want.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

There was once this IT guy at the office who had an obvious superiority complex in regards to everyone else who worked there. I was fairly new and had somewhat of a complex job and I guess he wanted to test if I was worthy of having a conversation with or whatever and he just says out of nowhere "The singularity. What do you think?"

And I blink and ask him "Are you talking about black holes or like, artificial intelligence?"

He confirms the latter and he seems elated at first but is quickly deflated because I mostly talk about what we should do if the terminator or the borg or the matrix or some other killer robot poo poo were coming after us. This wasn't sufficiently deep enough for him I guess. :shrug:

So I suppose people who want to talk very seriously about the singularity at work would be among the worst types of persons.

Yeah, basically anyone who treats every interaction as a battle of the minds

The only right answer is to play stupid in the most annoying fashion possible until they leave you alone

Really anyone who values intelligence more than compassion, which includes every one of these dorks

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
People who fix stuff that's not broken so hard that it breaks.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Moola posted:

I've seen a new trend on dating apps where a certain type of white woman will put "having a dog isn't a substitute for a personality". And these people are ALWAYS the same people who put "love to travel LET'S GO ON AN ADVENTURE"

So these people

"My kids are my world."

I wish they'd figure out a different way to express that their bastard is their first priority.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

GORDON posted:

"My kids are my world."

I wish they'd figure out a different way to express that their bastard is their first priority.

BRB, changing my ChristanPlentyOfBumblingFet bio to "My bastard is my first priority".

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chomp8645 posted:

Extra bonus: wait until getting to the counter to ask the kids what they want.

And the kids do the "I don't know" thing and the parents act like that is cute.

And I just want to point out that if you'd kid has issues that may make it difficult to make decisions or has anixity out in public, there's nothing thing wrong with that. You'll just need to work out with them how to deal with it. It's when the adult with the kid goes through every item in the menu just so the kid can say no to if like it's a game.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 3, 2020

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

GORDON posted:

"My kids are my world."

Just once I would like to see "my kid is NOT my world, can't stand the little poo poo"

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Those people are the ones bitching about alimony or in jail

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Colonel Cancer posted:

Those people are the ones bitching about alimony or in jail

Hey, leave my bartender out of this!

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
People who are not adequately prepared for some football.

It’s been on the same time for the past 40ish years. There’s no excuse.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I’ve never been a big fan of those warlord guys with their child-soldiers and whatnot. It’s just plain rude.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
People who have dinky rear end little cars and when they park in a parking spot they park all the way up into it as far as they can so when I'm looking for a spot it looks like there's an open one until I get closer and nope there's just a dinky rear end little car in there

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo
I have a list:

1) People that drive too slow, slow to 1mph to take a very gentle turn or just generally don’t have a loving clue on the road of others around them. This mostly applies to tourists where I live, but nearby is a Boomer’s retirement community and all the old fucks like to drive 15-20mph under in a 55mph highway. It got so bad the county DoT put up MINIMUM speed limit signs...

2) Any person that asks you a question and 15 seconds later ask it again. It’s like they just don’t register the response you gave at all. I had this awkward neighbor stop by while I am clearly busy re-roofing my shed to ask me the same question 4 loving times about what I am doing back to back in the span of a 5min conversation. What the gently caress, use your ears and eyes fuckwit and go away.

Slayerjerman fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Mar 4, 2020

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Ideas men. If you find yourself saying "Why don't we just..." with regularity, you are probably a waste of everyone's time, because there are usually drat good reasons why no one does what you think should be done. Especially when you're the new guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poached Eggs
Feb 29, 2020

Dr.D-O posted:

Some kids need leashes.
Some kids are the worst type of people. Especially sooky old ones.

Poached Eggs fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Mar 4, 2020