Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
lettuce is completely poo poo. worst leaf vegetable by a loving landslide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i feel called by the Lord to say this. lettuce has only two virtues: if it is big and crispy and provides a crunch-texture, and is still slightly cool on a hot burg or sandwich, or of course in a salad.

lettuce in any other fashion sucks.

shredded lettuce on any hot dish, be it a burg, sammo, or taco salad, whatever, immediatly turns into swampy pond poo poo, you might as well ladle limp warm algae onto your meal

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
One of the ten nicest thing I ever ate in a restaurant was half a head of butter lettuce dressed with mustard vinaigrette and fried breadcrumbs. Lettuce does not belong on hot food, where it becomes a wilted slimy abomination.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Are there any fast food places that have a fish sandwich that isn't deep fried? :(

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

UltraRed posted:

Are there any fast food places that have a fish sandwich that isn't deep fried? :(

Carl's Jr. does, I believe, it's broiled

edit: at least they did a while back. might not still have it, i don't eat there much

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
The only truly great fast food fish sandwich is Culver's. They have very tasty fish sandwiches, especially if you order their godly fried cheese curds. :getin:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
give me back that filet o fish

give me

that fish

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
just had an Arby's fish sammo. it makes the McD's fillet o fish look like a pathetic little bitch that wants you to whip its ballsack with a rubber hose

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Best fish sandwich I ever had was the 3rd level spicy catfish sandwich from Big Shake's. It's a decent slab of crispy, fried catfish on 2 pieces of white bread with yellow mustard, raw white onion and dill pickles. It is greasy and crispy and spicy and the pickles, mustard and onions cut through the heat and grease to take it to a whole other level.

The seasoned fries are also really good, even if the rest of their sides are so-so. If you want good, spicy fried chicken get the half-chicken plate. You won't regret it!

I can't believe this place only has 2 locations. It's fantastic Southern food.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Zippy the Bummer posted:

just had an Arby's fish sammo. it makes the McD's fillet o fish look like a pathetic little bitch that wants you to whip its ballsack with a rubber hose

Lol

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Any love for the Sea Dog (tm)?

Biscats n Gravy
Jun 13, 2018

Smile.

empty sea posted:

Best fish sandwich I ever had was the 3rd level spicy catfish sandwich from Big Shake's. It's a decent slab of crispy, fried catfish on 2 pieces of white bread with yellow mustard, raw white onion and dill pickles. It is greasy and crispy and spicy and the pickles, mustard and onions cut through the heat and grease to take it to a whole other level.

The seasoned fries are also really good, even if the rest of their sides are so-so. If you want good, spicy fried chicken get the half-chicken plate. You won't regret it!

Nowhere near Tennessee and honestly I'm jealous of the food. I don't like mustard much but everything else in this post just sounds like heaven.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

empty sea posted:

this sounds special (really.) I guess I'll keep my eye out for it!

BromanderData
Mar 20, 2013

Stroke it with me

The Chosen One

Zippy the Bummer posted:

I had two of them last week since they have that special going on and I gotta agree.

I’d take one of the Arby’s fish sandwiches over a fillet of fish any day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Culver’s really is soo good