Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I don't have Twitter but I'd vote for the plane incident in a heartbeat over the propaganda. Vince not only put most of the roster in jeopardy, but the loving coward bailed on them and got his own flight out of there while everyone else was in limbo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dango Bango posted:

I don't have Twitter but I'd vote for the plane incident in a heartbeat over the propaganda. Vince not only put most of the roster in jeopardy, but the loving coward bailed on them and got his own flight out of there while everyone else was in limbo.

Then they issued a press release about the folks stuck on the plane "not wanting it enough" or whatever. Like goddamn they're your people on your dime and your time that you left there.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

coconono posted:

Then they issued a press release about the folks stuck on the plane "not wanting it enough" or whatever. Like goddamn they're your people on your dime and your time that you left there.

Do you have a copy of this?

Coz I remember the WWE saying nothing except bland stuff about "delays", and "mechanical difficulties" etc.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

BrigadierSensible posted:

Do you have a copy of this?

Coz I remember the WWE saying nothing except bland stuff about "delays", and "mechanical difficulties" etc.

I can't find the release, but one of the early Smackdown promos had a line about how there was a delay, but something to the effect of "some dedicated WWE Superstars chartered their own plane to make it in time". It was phrased to basically suggest that anyone who was actually subject to the delay couldn't get out because they just weren't dedicated enough.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If a theoretical #NYCOVID19 happened what would the entries be and how many more weeks until we get to 19 solid entries?

Not Testing Wrestlers
Employees Forced to Work Against Their Will
Resuming Live Broadcasts (Then changing their mind)
Linda McMahon run PAC Promising Florida Huge Ad Spend
Not Informing Workers of 2nd Positive Test
Not Allowing Audience to Wear Masks
Wrestlers Forced to Stand for 9 Hour Taping
Mass Firing During Pandemic
Paycuts
Events Surrounding 1st Positive Test

What would you suggest?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Another Asian person saddled with a drat Ninja gimmick.

All the Latin American wrestlers in one stable.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ARMBAR A COP posted:

oh I just assumed they made Samoa Joe the ninja.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

If a theoretical #NYCOVID19 happened what would the entries be and how many more weeks until we get to 19 solid entries?

Not Testing Wrestlers
Paycuts

What would you suggest?
stripping workers of their titles for not being willing/able to breach lockdown

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Treatment of Reigns and Sami for their decision to stay home.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Gonna keep this one to things related to the virus.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

does shitcanning the xfl land in the purview of these polls?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Not Testing Wrestlers
Paycuts

What would you suggest?

"having everyone stand outside in the line for hours for (finally) testing when it's 90 in Orlando" seems like it should at least be an Honorable Mention

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Turning Wrestlemania into a 2 night event but not saying which match was on which show until the very last minute.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Gonna keep this one to things related to the virus.

Oooh.

Then I'll focus my fury elsewhere.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Miz showing up to the WM tapings while sick

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

jesus WEP posted:

does shitcanning the xfl land in the purview of these polls?

It's definitely pandemic related so I would think so.

Chris James 2 posted:

"having everyone stand outside in the line for hours for (finally) testing when it's 90 in Orlando" seems like it should at least be an Honorable Mention

This is actually what inspired me to ask so I could keep track of things for when it's time to actually run this and by the time I started listing things I forgot.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

MassRafTer posted:

Not Testing Wrestlers
Paycuts

What would you suggest?

related to firings but cutting kendo kashin even though he has no way to go back to japan

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Erasing Roman cause he refused to show up surely has to make the list

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Stripping Sami of the title

The whole Drake storyline

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

related to firings but cutting kendo kashin even though he has no way to go back to japan

He's back in NOAH as of last week, so things thankfully worked out somehow, but for a bit he was stuck yeah

It should definitely be on the list as a general thing (talent fired mid-plague who are at least temporarily stuck in the country due to it affecting their visa) because it was also the case for Aleksandar Jaksic

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Did Kendo have an apartment he was making rent on or what? I didn't really catch most of the story other than he was "stuck in USA" which is pretty lovely in itself.

And jfc the Drake thing. That's all I'm gonna say.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

What drake thing?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Suplex Liberace posted:

What drake thing?

Firing Drake during the pandemic, having him work the Cruiserweight tourney and than using him being fired as an angel to hire him back to NXT as a "feel good" moment

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Per PWInsider he straight up thought the firing was as legitimate as every other one, he wasn't getting hired back, and he started filing for his old Rockstar Spud trademarks again because he was planning to go back to TNA

He found out last-minute when the tournament was near ending that they wanted him back, long after they'd used all his actual emotional trauma and that sob video (which he made because he was really reacting to him actually not knowing what he was going to do next in his life) for the benefit of their program less and less people watch on a weekly basis

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

There was a thing people were talking about that people who were fired were offered new contracts at way less money than they were making before, but I don't remember if that was confirmed beyond the rumour stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Firing Drake during the pandemic, having him work the Cruiserweight tourney and than using him being fired as an angel to hire him back to NXT as a "feel good" moment

Ahh I was thinking the ref I forgot bout poor other drake