Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

THE BAR posted:

I love my Tiberium Tinman.

My vote goes to the Mammoth Mk II as the silliest design in the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
The Orcas are probably the best unit design in the game, even more so than mammoth tanks for my taste.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Vakal posted:

My vote goes to the Mammoth Mk II as the silliest design in the series.

Dawg, what, that thing's iconic.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

yeah, silliest? that thing was rad as hell (if maybe kind of impractical if you consider it seriously)

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

so iconic that it showed up again in C&C4

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Lt. Danger posted:

so iconic that it showed up again in C&C4

And as an Easter Egg in C&C 3.

But I still think it was very silly.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Iconic and silly are basically the same thing when you're talking about C&C I think.

Though I think my actual fave Tib Sun design is the somewhat more pedestrian Titan. Something about the bulbous upper half and the way the protruding cannon breaks up the silhouette that gives it this really distinct shape.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I decided to look at the wiki a bit and man, the Mammoth Mk III looks so boring.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I hope if they remake TibSun they don't touch NOD artillery. Firestorm wen and ruined them. :mad:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Mordja posted:

I hope if they remake TibSun they don't touch NOD artillery. Firestorm wen and ruined them. :mad:

The best artillery unit in this game was the Siege Chopper.

That was some straight up Dahir Insaat shizzle.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Burns posted:

While i like TibSun music and atmosphere i always felt that the sprites and vehicles looked bad. I dont know if a remaster would be able to really overhaul those assets.

Why not? Remastering voxels is even easier than the sprite work they had to do for the C&C remaster.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Mordja posted:

Dawg, what, that thing's iconic.

I loved transporting that thing around in multiplayer games to pick off the opponents harvesters.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Tiny Timbs posted:

Why not? Remastering voxels is even easier than the sprite work they had to do for the C&C remaster.

I wonder. I know in the C&C modding community, people generally prefer how SHPs look, but they don't play nice with sloped terrain. Some mods literally just build flat maps so that they can get away with making more detailed unit sprites over voxels.

road potato
Dec 19, 2005
This is sort-of a dum-dum question, but on other pages I see system requirements for games, and a lot of the command and conquer products require windows. I don't see system requirements on this link: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/39394/Command__Conquer_The_Ultimate_Collection/

Does this run on Mac? Is it just something that's gonna run inside of Steam?

I haven't used Steam in years since I did a half life 1 and 2 playthrough.

Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTZUGP0kkco

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Genuinely surprised for the TS love in this thread, granted its been twenty years but I recall Tiberian Sun being roundly disliked when it came out

I'm a heretic in that I genuinely enjoy the Tiberium series more than the Red Alert series. Love both of them, but prefer Tiberium. I really like TS's presentation: the blasted hellscape, cyborgs/bots, moody Terminator-esque OST, and I think Anton Slavik is the best NOD henchman.

I really want them to remaster TS/RA2 next, but given that Red Alert's popularity over TS that probably won't happen :( TS needs some QoL love.

TheHoosier fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 30, 2024

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Pi Mu Rho posted:

You'll love these then...

Tiny Orca!

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Iconic and silly are basically the same thing when you're talking about C&C I think.

Though I think my actual fave Tib Sun design is the somewhat more pedestrian Titan. Something about the bulbous upper half and the way the protruding cannon breaks up the silhouette that gives it this really distinct shape.
The Tiberian Sun and Kane's Wrath Titans are my favorite unit designs, with the Juggernaut probably being second.

TheHoosier posted:

I'm a heretic in that I genuinely enjoy the Tiberian series more than the Red Alert series. Love both of them, but prefer Tiberian. I really like TS's presentation: the blasted hellscape, cyborgs/bots, moody Terminator-esque OST, and I think Anton Slavik is the best NOD henchman.

I really want them to remaster TS/RA2 next, but given that Red Alert's popularity over TS that probably won't happen :( TS needs some QoL love.
The Tiberium games are my favorite too. That said, RA2's multiplayer is significantly better than TS's. And while Kane's Wrath might be better than RA3's, I think RA3's did a lot of great work in thoroughly differentiating the factions, while still maintaining the MCV system. The Japanese in RA3 gameplay wise seem akin to some of the earlier rumors about C&C 3's Scrin, which I believe was supposed to have a dramatically different building mechanic (such as mobile bases or something).

Nichael fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 29, 2024

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

I don't think I've gotten more than like 3 or so missions deep into RA3; probably time to rectify that. I plan on replaying C&C3 when I'm done with TS, and then likely RA3. I also plan to attempt to get C&C4 to work so I can make myself angry all over again.

With RA3 I think I remember being irritated that the missions felt kinda overly long and drawn out with trigger scenes and dialogue. But as I said I haven't really played much of it and it's been awhile. The Ultimate Collection releasing reminded me how much I loved this series at one point, including Generals/ZH. This will be the 3rd or 4th time I've purchased TD/RA/TS through various collections and discs over the years. No regrets, peace through power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/command-conquer-invades-european-march-charts-as-sales-improve-european-monthly-charts
But EA's probably still gonna let it languish.