Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth posted:

(20! 17. Some good poo poo apparently! also lol at 20 directly after bio's 4)

>The stranger starts to shuffle up the cards again, fingers moving so quickly as to almost blur and the cards folded and cut back in, shifted between either hand like a skilled street magician on some highly illegal stimulant might manage.

>The particularly perceptive might notice that as the toke from the hookah starts to kick in the stranger's long fingered, chitinous hands - up to now a dull matte charcoal grey - show a psychedelic array of colours briefly flickering and playing over them as they start to deal to each of the folks that joined in.

The Tall Stranger suddenly tenses up, then; slowly relaxes and begins to loudly at first vibrate. The vibration goes from a chaotoic noise to a resonant hum, until it's there, subtly- but in a very relaxing and mellow way.

Everyone is relaxed and in a happy, melancholy mood. You feel as if you are like unto a kitten, swaying in a hammock in a tropical island breeze, the sound of a reggae song playing off in the distance.

DMs Note: Stoner Sloth- At the top of your character sheet, write "Adventuring Check" and make 2 check marks next to it. Adventuring checks can be used to re-roll an important roll.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

The Tall Stranger suddenly tenses up, then; slowly relaxes and begins to loudly at first vibrate. The vibration goes from a chaotoic noise to a resonant hum, until it's there, subtly- but in a very relaxing and mellow way.

Everyone is relaxed and in a happy, melancholy mood. You feel as if you are like unto a kitten, swaying in a hammock in a tropical island breeze, the sound of a reggae song playing off in the distance.

DMs Note: Stoner Sloth- At the top of your character sheet, write "Adventuring Check" and make 2 check marks next to it. Adventuring checks can be used to re-roll an important roll.

(hell yeah, best 20 ever rolled!)

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Everyone who took a hit roll a 20!

Reroll 1s, 10s, and 20s

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

biosterous

Llany is feeling good. he is relaxed and has a belly full of good grubs (ooh, and still some left in the bowl!) and is sitting with some new people, some new pals maybe? and this hooded guy has something cool happen with his arms, definitely worth studying!

staring intently at the deck of cards, Llany begins to get an Idea. he briefly wonders if it's gonna be a Good Idea or just an Okay Idea, but he's got a hunch it's the former.

"hey, wanna see a Science Trick?"

without waiting for an answer, Llany grabs the "how to play poker" card (does anyone ever read those?) that had been set aside and pulls a vial from his labcoat. he douses the card in the liquid and grabs the candle from the table.

"see, if you get the right fuel, like this, you can set a card on fire and it burns up the fuel without burning the card!" he waves the card over the candle's flame and it bursts into flames

"see look! the card isn't burning up! ow. the fuel gets burned up so quickly that the card doesn't have time to ignite. ow."

the flames are clearly scorching his fingers. he doesn't seem aware.

"isn't Science great! also does anyone want some of these grubs?"

Stoner Sloth posted:

(As someone without a nose, Tak approves of this given that is misleading!)

i googled assassin bugs and some of them had a pokey face thing which seemed close enough to me! but also names that are straight inaccurate are also great.

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Stoner Sloth

biosterous posted:

i googled assassin bugs and some of them had a pokey face thing which seemed close enough to me! but also names that are straight inaccurate are also great.

(Yeah it definitely looks close enough! trivia time: the pokey face bit is called a rostrum, it's basically like a hypodermic syringe or a cannula that they stab prey with then inject a mixture of venom and digestive enzymes both of which help break down the internal structure of their food before they slurp it up. Assassin bugs are remarkably efficient at it - up to 99 percent of the prey can be easily consumed this way. Hence Tak and the deflated bats, well with a bit of artistic license anyway!)

>The tall stranger doesn't react as Llany takes the card to give his Science Trick demonstration - seeming quite okay with the distraction as he shuffles and deals the cards with the air of a professional sharp. Definitely one to keep an eye on.

>The hooded one comments [/b]"Interesting."[/b] though without emotional tone it's hard to tell whether the stranger is being sincere, sarcastic or charitable. They do follow it up by adding "When it comes to science toxicology is usually my area of interest... but doesn't hurt to learn more, well unless you burn your fingers I suppose." as they finish dealing the cards out to the rest of the gathered group of players.

>On being offered a grub the stranger pauses a moment, perhaps long enough to raise doubts about the wisdom of offering baby insects to what seems likely to be some sort of insectoid, but reaches out to swiftly snag one and bring it up to the hood, the same slurping noise from earlier but in this case lasting but a moment and the whole grub is gone. Clearly doesn't have issues with eating other bugs. "Thanks." the stranger adds before focusing on the game at hand.

(Not sure how we should handle the cards and Tak is probably cheating, mostly just to keep his hand in as a criminal really but figure it's nothing particularly serious or high stakes anyway)

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth posted:

(Not sure how we should handle the cards and Tak is probably cheating, mostly just to keep his hand in as a criminal really but figure it's nothing particularly serious or high stakes anyway)

DM Note: There is still a player or two who has not arrived. When they do, a card game will commence.

Stoner Sloth

DM Note: There is still a player or two who has not arrived. When they do, a card game will commence.

(oh cool, no worries! and yay, more BYOB friends to join us!! enjoying the game so far PSP and thank you for running it!)

e: to make it smoother

>The stranger looks at the few still empty seats around the table and adds "Seems we have room for a couple more players... we'll wait for them I think." in his strange, clicking and toneless voice.

>Smoothly working the dealt cards back into shuffling and performing a number of trick shuffles to pass the time and possibly amuse the others. After a long moment he adds "So what brings you all here tonight?", as if unaccustomed to or else out of practice with the formalities and mores of social interaction to some extent.

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 21, 2020

take the moon

by sebmojo
sorry i got hit with some bad posting anxiety. 20 coming up

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

take the moon

by sebmojo

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Stoner Sloth

take the moon posted:

(nice roll friend! and don't worry too much, we're all friends here so :justpost:)

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

take the moon posted:

You, along with the others at the table (and after taking a hit...) feel pretty fantastic!

All Adventurers who are participating in a card game, please roll a 20!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Stoner Sloth

nut

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

You feel pretty good about your hand being the best hand. How much would you like to offer for a bet?

nut

You feel pretty good about your hand being the best hand. How much would you like to offer for a bet?

Buddy raises his fanned cards to his mouth, breaking into a smirk while completely oblivious to the dimples appearing high on his cheek.

He audibly catches his breath, exhaling a final sigh before lowering his hands, reaching out to offer just the ante.

“I reckon I’m in”

Heather Papps

hello friend

with great solemnity i offer my shiny rock

biosterous

You, along with the others at the table (and after taking a hit...) feel pretty fantastic!

All Adventurers who are participating in a card game, please roll a 20!

gallery of sigs

he/him

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

nut posted:

Buddy raises his fanned cards to his mouth, breaking into a smirk while completely oblivious to the dimples appearing high on his cheek.

He audibly catches his breath, exhaling a final sigh before lowering his hands, reaching out to offer just the ante.

“I reckon I’m in”

Heather Papps posted:

with great solemnity i offer my shiny rock

Stoner Sloth posted:

Dealer--->17

Dealer wins!

Play again?

Heather Papps

hello friend

if i can play with gold, yes, there is no way i'm wagering my bell.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Heather Papps posted:

if i can play with gold, yes, there is no way i'm wagering my bell.

A leathery, flapping noise distracts you, as you look down and notice that another, shinier rock than the one you just gambled away has been deposited into your lap, by your new friend, Bat. It flits and darts back out of the window you gave it its freedom from when you released it, but not before narrowly dodging a hungry patron or 2. It's a +2 Stone of Stunning the bat most likely picked up from somewhere on the roof of Dirty Dorg's.

Stoner Sloth

>The dealer collects their winnings and the cards, starting to shuffle them rapidly once more to prepare for the next round but seeming slightly distracted or perhaps with the air of a hunter patiently waiting for their quarry to emerge. The stranger scans the bar from the cover of their hood, looking to see if any others will be lured to join in even as the cards are dealt to each of the current participants in the game.

nut

Buddy mutters, “sheet” through a heavy sigh, watching his coins raked away. Eying the others around he clears his throat and laughs loudly, tapping his fingertips on the hard, oaken table a little too loudly.

“Well ain’t that a b?” he shoots a wide grin to his fellow players.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth posted:

>The dealer collects their winnings and the cards, starting to shuffle them rapidly once more to prepare for the next round but seeming slightly distracted or perhaps with the air of a hunter patiently waiting for their quarry to emerge. The stranger scans the bar from the cover of their hood, looking to see if any others will be lured to join in even as the cards are dealt to each of the current participants in the game.

Another Player has joined the card game!

A large, 7 foot tall, scaly being walks into the bar. It sniffs around as it eyes the room, as it moves you can see that it is equipped in scale mail armor, equipped with a variety of blades and knives which glint and shine as the robes it wears flows around it. The robes are a silken material, tan in color- and the rest of the creature's outfit seems to be a desert camo theme.

Its gaze falls upon the card game, and settles upon the dealer...

"You!" it snarls, reaching into a pouch at its belt, slamming a handful of gold coins onto the table. "Isss my money ssstill good enough for you, TAK!" it hisses.

Its money is in fact NOT good enough for Tak. One of the coins that were slammed onto the table suddenly springs to life, sprouting legs and mandibles as it reaches for the dealer, now known to be named Tak. Tak, quickly assessing the threat, slams a dagger down into the coin creature's center of mass, impaling it neatly into the table.

Seemingly in the same fluid motion, a spray of crossbow bolts erupts from somewhere under Tak's robe, nailing the creature that dared to impugn Tak's good name inside such a fine establishment like Dirty Dorg's right to the wall.

"Hehe, nice shootin Tak!" the barkeep says. "We don't like no fightin' here at Dorg's," he says, motioning with a big meaty thumb at the sign over the bar that says "We Don't Like No Fightin!". "But, seein' as how YOU didn't start nuttin', I won't hold nuttin' against you.

The barkeep tosses a bag of coins and gems toward Tak, who nimbly catches it in talons that quickly disappear beneath the robes that cover him.

"That oughta take care of cleanin' up the mess, gettin' rid of the body, and sellin' all da loot on dis bum", he says, looking at the crossbow bolt ridden corpse with distaste.

The barkeep shouted out, "CARL! GET OUT HERE! AND BRING A MOP!"

A dark shadow slowly creeps out of the back of the bar, covers the corpse in shadowy darkness, and disappears toward the kitchen. Perhaps it would be best to order the seafood for a few days...

Stoner Sloth

>The creature named as 'Tak', pronounced similarly to the sound of the crossbows he's just unloaded on the ex-lizardman, replies in his unemotional and calm, oddly alien voice "Appreciate it C. And to show that I'll get a round of drinks for the rest of the table... will even help you on the disposal count. Bring me a plate with his hands and head. Leave the eyes in...". The creature pauses a beat before it adds "Need it to see me through the week. Ha ha.", the last pronounced as words rather than an actual laugh as if by someone who intellectually understood the notion of humor, perhaps had it explained patiently to them - hell maybe even observed it in the wild - but who didn't have a fundamental emotional grasp of the concept.

>Looking to the others even as the former stranger packs multiple weapons and the acquired loot away, retrieving the dagger and reloading spent weapons automatically through complicated motions beneath the greatcoat, he says casually "No hard feelings. Needed to draw that one out and knew he had a gambling problem. Here..." and he returns the wagers that the rest of the party lost before, shiny rock and all. In addition to this the promise of free alcohol will hopefully keep the peace.

>Tak seems still game for a friendlier round of cards if others still wish to participate, letting the others choose the stake and the game. Otherwise he'll continue to idly shuffle before lining up another game of solitaire as they await drinks and fresh food.

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Apr 23, 2020

biosterous

Llany is grinning ear to ear. this cloaked stranger (named Tak, apparently!) liked his Science Trick, and mentioned he might like to hear some more about Chemicals and Biology and how they work together, and knows cool crossbow moves! and the other folks at this table seem really friendly too! one of them has a bat friend! one of them has a fun accent! one of them looks like he's got a bunch of Knowledge! what a fine group of new friends Llany is going to make!

as soon as Tak has removed his dagger from the coin creature, Llany grabs the small corpse and tucks it into a pocket, for later.

"i'd be fine with playing for cash some more, or for fun, or maybe for dares or stories?"

gallery of sigs

he/him

nut

Buddy blinks at Tak, gaze alternating between what Buddy believes is his face and the void beneath his garb from where the bolts came from. He’s snapped from his stupor by the sound of his coins dragging along the table surface back to him.

He laughs nervously and leans close to Heather Snapps while raising the back of his hand to hide his whisper, “I knew that was gonna’ happen”

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
"Ya know, I bet youse guys is wonderin' wut eggzaktally IS Fort Wunny, huh?" the barkeep says, talking to a couple of folks sitting at the bar who walked in while another group was playing cards. "Well, ya see, it's da woikshop of dah Great Alchemist, Veldemere Wunny," he says, while casually cleaning an empty glass with a pristine white and extraordinarily clean cloth. It was clearly magical.

"Veldemere was well known for his alchemy skillz, but I betcha didn't know he was far better at herbology than he was an alchemist!" the other patrons, based on their reactions, implied that that did not in fact know that.

"Yup. How else didjas think he wuz able ta get doze powders and pastes and juices you gotta use for alchemy potions and dat sorta stuff. He grew his own!" the barkeep continued, warming up to the story now. "Veldemere had some kinda underground lab setup, wit dis magical greenhouse wit magic lights dat wuz like duh SUN!" he continued. "Anyways, Veldemere built a fortress on top of his lab and greenhouse, and had a detachment of local guards set up there to keep out the riff raff so he could work in peace an' quiet. Until the ACCIDENT..."

There was an explosion, and a green flame shot high up into the sky one night, 'bout oh, 25 years ago?" he said, looking up to the ceiling, thinking inwardly. "Yeah, sounds about right. Anyways, a team of people went there ta see if there were any survivors. Dere wuz NONE. Some people even said it wuz haunted with ghost and skeletons and what not."

"But anyways, it's out the front door, down the path for about a day, then head right, onto the South Road. It's the ruins on the right, can't miss it."

The two patrons finished off their drinks, left a decent tip, thanked the barkeep and left out the front door.

Stoner Sloth

biosterous posted:

Llany is grinning ear to ear. this cloaked stranger (named Tak, apparently!) liked his Science Trick, and mentioned he might like to hear some more about Chemicals and Biology and how they work together, and knows cool crossbow moves! and the other folks at this table seem really friendly too! one of them has a bat friend! one of them has a fun accent! one of them looks like he's got a bunch of Knowledge! what a fine group of new friends Llany is going to make!

as soon as Tak has removed his dagger from the coin creature, Llany grabs the small corpse and tucks it into a pocket, for later.

"i'd be fine with playing for cash some more, or for fun, or maybe for dares or stories?"

>Tak listens to the barkeep with an air of respect for him, perhaps just thinking aloud as he comments "Hmmm this Fort Wunny sounds like it might present interesting opportunities to the right group of people." before turning to Llany and saying "Yeah... maybe we just play for introductions and stories. Good way to pass the time. ".

>Tak pauses a few beats and in slightly quieter, more conspiratorial tone whispers to the others "You lot seem alright, just word to the wise - be careful in this bar, it is not a place to start trouble."

>With this mysterious peace of advice given Tak starts to once more shuffle and then deal out the cards to each player in turn.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
The walls begin to hum. The group of card players have gotten a general idea of what each person represents, and what their general skills and talents are. Perhaps it is time to retire for the night, and depart in the morning to seek out Ft. Wunny?

You get a general feeling that the "cleaning crew" is about to arrive, and after what you saw Carl do, you don't think you want to be around. The barkeep is dangling several rings of keys in his hands, it looks like the rooms are on the house tonight.

biosterous

Llany goes into a room, lays his labcoat on the bed and does this: https://i.imgur.com/YqfsXTB.gifv

he is asleep within seconds

gallery of sigs

he/him

Stoner Sloth

>Tak does not sleep. Ever. And so, while the offered key is gratefully taken and new found accomplices bid good night, the absolute insomniac plans to use the available extra time to get a few things done if possible.

>Being utterly lacking in anything even squeam related, a must given both profession and biology, the cloaked assassin will offer to help clean up in exchange for some spare food in the form of hands and heads - wanting to make use of the empty skins as potential disguises once he's finished the meal. (thinking 'Men in Black' a little here lol)

>Tak will also use this time to try to get any additional information out of the barkeep, being VERY careful not to get pushy about it and remaining polite and friendly, on two subjects. Firstly and most obviously the subject of Fort Wunny. Second will be questions relating to a certain item behind the bar that appears to have caught Tak's eye for some reason.

>Following this Tak wishes to see if the IOU on the job that has just been successfully completed can be redeemed, either way the hooded killer will want to check on the possibility of doing the kind of shopping best done after midnight, wanting to purchase from criminal contacts a few choice items that might help the group.

Tak's Shopping List
-A disguise kit
-A poisoners kit
-A forgery kit
-2 x extra hand crossbows and holsters to attach to assault vest
-Several grappling hook type crossbow bolts that attach to metal cable (and enough cable to make use of them),
-Some incendiary xbow bolts
-A few humming bulb type noise maker xbow bolts
-If possible some blinding xbow bolts that release a bright flash of light.
-Some smoke bombs and xbow bolts
-Camping equipment
-Climbing gear including extra rope
-Shovels, picks and digging equipment
-Several water skins filled with fresh water
-Pen and paper enough to write things down and make maps of the place
-Couple of bags of ball bearings and some caltrops
-Crossbow repair kit and weapon oil
-Couple of containers of grease
-Good length of fine but strong metal wire capable of tension
-A lamp and a good amount of lamp oil as well as several torches
-A few healing potions
-Sufficient weed, alcohol, etc for the journey
-Convert any remaining currency over 25gp to small gems for weight management

>After that Tak will retire to the room, carefully pack the gear away organized and neat into the pockets of the assault vest before following usual nightly routine.

>This consists of setting up the bed to look like it's occupied and then scuttling up onto the ceiling, clinging to it facing the floor near the doorway and with a heavy crossbow held at the ready should anyone enter the room. Tak then hides and camouflages, changing colour to mimic the ceiling and turns invisible for good measure. This all accomplished, with preparations made and paranoia somewhat assuaged, Tak will enter a torpid state - multifaceted eyes peering out from beneath the hood as the assassin remains fully awake but simply stops moving for the few hours till dawn breaks.

(lol sorry if this is a bit long for a simple going to bed post, just figured Tak would make use of the time and is hyper prepared - all good if some or all of it ain't possible! also sorta weirdly over thought it cause high tbh)

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Apr 27, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth posted:

>Tak does not sleep. Ever. And so, while the offered key is gratefully taken and new found accomplices bid good night, the absolute insomniac plans to use the available extra time to get a few things done if possible.

>Being utterly lacking in anything even squeam related, a must given both profession and biology, the cloaked assassin will offer to help clean up in exchange for some spare food in the form of hands and heads - wanting to make use of the empty skins as potential disguises once he's finished the meal. (thinking 'Men in Black' a little here lol)

>Tak will also use this time to try to get any additional information out of the barkeep, being VERY careful not to get pushy about it and remaining polite and friendly, on two subjects. Firstly and most obviously the subject of Fort Wunny. Second will be questions relating to a certain item behind the bar that appears to have caught Tak's eye for some reason.

>Following this Tak wishes to see if the IOU on the job that has just been successfully completed can be redeemed, either way the hooded killer will want to check on the possibility of doing the kind of shopping best done after midnight, wanting to purchase from criminal contacts a few choice items that might help the group.

Tak's Shopping List
-A disguise kit
-A poisoners kit
-A forgery kit
-2 x extra hand crossbows and holsters to attach to assault vest
-Several grappling hook type crossbow bolts that attach to metal cable (and enough cable to make use of them),
-Some incendiary xbow bolts
-A few humming bulb type noise maker xbow bolts
-If possible some blinding xbow bolts that release a bright flash of light.
-Some smoke bombs and xbow bolts
-Camping equipment
-Climbing gear including extra rope
-Shovels, picks and digging equipment
-Several water skins filled with fresh water
-Pen and paper enough to write things down and make maps of the place
-Couple of bags of ball bearings and some caltrops
-Crossbow repair kit and weapon oil
-Couple of containers of grease
-Good length of fine but strong metal wire capable of tension
-A lamp and a good amount of lamp oil as well as several torches
-A few healing potions
-Sufficient weed, alcohol, etc for the journey
-Convert any remaining currency over 25gp to small gems for weight management

>After that Tak will retire to the room, carefully pack the gear away organized and neat into the pockets of the assault vest before following usual nightly routine.

>This consists of setting up the bed to look like it's occupied and then scuttling up onto the ceiling, clinging to it facing the floor near the doorway and with a heavy crossbow held at the ready should anyone enter the room. Tak then hides and camouflages, changing colour to mimic the ceiling and turns invisible for good measure. This all accomplished, with preparations made and paranoia somewhat assuaged, Tak will enter a torpid state - multifaceted eyes peering out from beneath the hood as the assassin remains fully awake but simply stops moving for the few hours till dawn breaks.

(lol sorry if this is a bit long for a simple going to bed post, just figured Tak would make use of the time and is hyper prepared - all good if some or all of it ain't possible! also sorta weirdly over thought it cause high tbh)

The barkeep listens to your requests, asks for the IOU back, and tells you your order will be waiting outside your door in the morning.

The next morning, a burlap bag waits outside your door.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

biosterous posted:

Llany goes into a room, lays his labcoat on the bed and does this: https://i.imgur.com/YqfsXTB.gifv

he is asleep within seconds

You have the best night sleep you've had in a long time.

Stoner Sloth

The barkeep listens to your requests, asks for the IOU back, and tells you your order will be waiting outside your door in the morning.

The next morning, a burlap bag waits outside your door.

(Awesome! Is Tak able to find out any other info about Fort Wunny or the mysterious item behind the bar? And also are the hand skin gloves and mask made of someones face acquirable? [just figure it was a fun way to try to use disguise skill given Tak's alien appearance, no big deal if not possible!])

(also loved the armadillo vid biosterous!)

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth posted:

(Awesome! Is Tak able to find out any other info about Fort Wunny or the mysterious item behind the bar? And also are the hand skin gloves and mask made of someones face acquirable? [just figure it was a fun way to try to use disguise skill given Tak's alien appearance, no big deal if not possible!])

(also loved the armadillo vid biosterous!)

A mask made of the individual you peppered with crossbow bolts, along with leather gloves made of their hands are included with the bundle the next morning.

The night before:

Before you retire, and after you place your request for the items in your laundry list, you inquire about the item behind the bar. It looks like a paper weight, with a tiki hut on a beach made of golden sands, with an ocean of pure, pale blue that is so real, you swear you can see waves on the water!

The barkeep explains that the item behind the bar is a gift from a dear friend. As the barkeep describes the Maker of the item to you, you are able to ascertain that this is in fact an item made by Simon, a legendary Articifer spoken of only in legends and stories. You are mildly surprised to find out, first hand, that the stories may in fact be true...

The barkeep hands the item to you; for a moment, you are transported to a place and time where peace and harmony surround you. It is a simple tiki hut, on a beach of golden sand with an ocean of pale blue. You could get used to this place. There are no threats. There are no worries or concerns. You are certain you have spent at least a week here.

After a time, you hear the barkeep's voice insisting you return, and you do...

You feel at peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

>Tak will have appreciated the serenity, enjoying existing in that prolonged moment - the assassin tends to live in the present, unsurprising perhaps given a short life span and a violent profession, and is fully awake to this experience despite its fleeting nature. When returned to reality, Tak doesn't regret that the moment is gone, merely appreciative that it happened.

>After sincerely thanking the barkeep for all their help, Tak will buy breakfast for the whole group, paying in advance, as well as leave a generous tip out of the remaining funds in the form of gems before retiring for the evening in usual style.

>Tak rouses from torpor early in the morning, ready for a last easy meal and for the adventure ahead!

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Apr 28, 2020