Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Our heroes so far:

pixaal posted:

Froglok Ranger

Strength: 15
Intelligence: 13
Wisdom: 17
Dexterity: 17
Agility: 13
Constitution: 17
Presence: 13

A large black tarantula, with lots of hairs all over her body. She will add 1 point to your initiative roll, among other things perhaps- because she will warn you of danger.

-An scroll that's sealed in wax with the letters "IOU" printed on it for a pair of axes.

nut posted:

Human Bard

rolled 11, 13, 18 (as four 2s), 14, 12, 11, 15 (re-rolled a 10) and assigned as following:

Strength = 11

Intelligence = 13

Wisdom = 12

Dexterity = 14

Agility = 15

Constitution = 11

Presence = 18

Clothing of Comfort

Mandolin of Musical Wishes

Stoner Sloth posted:

Name: Tak'Chka (goes by just Tak)
Race: Thri-Kreen (red eyed assassin bug)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Background: Criminal (hired killer)
Height: 2.2 m (7 ft 2 inches) but usually hunches down to between 1.8 and 2 metres (6 - 6ft 6 inches)
Weight: 125 kg (275.5 lbs)
Age: 7 (5-6+ is adult for Thri-Kreen, maximum life span 35)

Class: Assassin/Battle Master
Level: 3/3

Str: 15 (+2)
Int: 15 (+2)
Wis: 18 (+4)
Dex: 20 (+5)
Agl: 20 (+5)
Con: 15 (+2)
Pre: 6 (-2)

HP: 55
AC: 13 natural armor + 5 agility bonus = 18

Abilities;
Racial:
-Chameleon Carapace. Thri-Kreen can change the color of its carapace to match its surroundings. Therefore, Thri-kreen roll with Advantage whenever they use their Stealth skill.
-Speed. Base walking speed is 40
-Sleepless. Thri-Kreen don't require sleep. Immune to sleep spells.
-Standing Leap. 30 feet long jump, 15 foot high jump base. Advantage on athletics rolls for jumping.
-Multiple Limbs. Unlike humanoids, Thri-Kreen have two sets of arms, meaning they can wield two additional one-handed weapons, or one additional two-handed weapon.
-Poisoned Bite. 1d6 piercing damage, constitution save or poisoned. If the roll fails by 5 or more target is paralyzed. Target gets a saving throw every turn to negate.
-Claws. 2d4 slashing damage.
-Darkvision. 60ft.
-Natural armor. Can't wear most humanoid armor but base AC is 13 + Agl bonus.
-Reduced need for food and water.

Class; Battle Master:
-Second Wind. Heal 1d10 + fighter level as a bonus action. 1 x per short rest.
-Action Surge. 1 extra action. 1 x per short rest.
-Fighting Style: Archery. +2 to hit with ranged combat attacks.
-Maneuvers: Precision Attack, Menacing Attack, Trip Attack. 4 x d8 superiority dice.

Class; Assassin:
-Assassinate. Gain advantage on any attack against any enemy that hasn't taken a turn in the combat yet. Any hit you deal against a creature that is surprised is an automatic critical.
-Proficiency. Poisoner's and disguise kits.
-Thieves Cant.
-Expertise. Thieves tool kit and Stealth.
-Sneak attack. Can be used once per turn on any attack which Tak has the advantage. 2d6.
-Cunning Action. Dash, disengage or hide as a bonus action.

Skills/Proficiences:
-Athletics
-Acrobatics
-Stealth (criminal background)
-Perception
-Deception (criminal background)
-Sleight of Hand
-Perception
-Tracking

Feats:
-Deflect Arrows (Thri-Kreen bonus)
-Crossbow Expert

Inventory:
-Hooded Greatcoat of Invisibility
-Assault Vest of Holding
-+2 Boots of Elven Kind
-+2 Ring of Regeneration
-+3 Cursed Heavy Crossbow of Holding
-2-handed Crossbow
-2 x 1-handed Crossbow + Holsters
-4 x Daggers
-Thieves Tools
-Burglar's Pack
-Deck of Cards
-Pouch containing 15 gp

Background Feature: Criminal Contact

Languages Spoken: Common, Insectoid

Special Bonus:
-Foresight

Tak grew up as a survivor of the destruction of his band of clutch-mates. Born as part of a large clutch into a particularly harsh environment, of the 120 born only 20 remained by age four. These juvenile Thri-Kreen were slaughtered by local militia after they were blamed, falsely, for stealing and eating a human infant. Tak was the only survivor. Unable to sustain his previous nomadic existence without his clutch-mates and forced to eke out an existence in an uncaring city as an young refugee, he soon turned to a life of crime as his only means of survival.

His natural talent and instinct for hunting became twisted to stealthily and ruthlessly applying lethal violence when necessary saw him take to being a hitman for the criminal underworld from a very early age, before he was even full grown. He is known to be fickle about his reasons for taking a job, sometimes choosing to take jobs that aren't on paper worth his time for reasons of his own but once he has accepted a job then he is absolutely reliable - he'll complete the contract or die trying under just about any imaginable circumstances.

He recently was tasked with a job by a corrupt local official to assassinate a young man who was trying to bring down the official due to their ties with organized criminals who had murdered the rest of the man's family simply because his younger sister witnessed a meeting between the official and a notorious gangster. After neutralizing the man's town guard protecting the man, Tak confronted him and was surprised when the man didn't plead for his life but instead resigned himself to his fate and asked one thing of Tak, that he would end the life of the official in revenge for the murder of his sister. He offered his last copper coin in advance.

Tak took the coin, and then the young man's life. Returning with his head as required, he took his payment in the form of a powerful new crossbow he'd been promised. Picking the weapon up as he listened to the man, drunk, arrogant and boastful now that this threat to his station had been removed. He insisted on seeing the head and when it was presented the official laughed ghoulishly, a laugh cut off when Tak loaded and pointed the crossbow bolt at him. "Wait, we had a deal!" the man whined. "That contract has been completed. Now I have another." the insect replied without trace of emotion.

The official just had time to mutter an odd, foreign sounding word before a crossbow bolt pierced his throat. Tak felt a wave of strangeness wash over him emanating from the crossbow as the official bubbled and gurgled, drowning on his own blood and unable to cry out for help. Trying to stash the weapon as he turned to leave, Tak found a strange compulsion that wouldn't let him set it down even for a moment.

Tak turned invisible and slipped out into the night. He was now faced with a new and unfamiliar problem in the form of a curse as well as the pressing need to travel to avoid the fall out and heat from the job but, as always, he continued on without regret.

Personality trait: Always calm, no matter the situation. Tak never raises his voice or let emotion control him.

Ideal: People; Tak is loyal to his friends, not to any ideals, and everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all he cares. Unfortunately he does not make friends quickly or easily.

Bond: Tak aims to become the greatest assassin that ever lived.

Flaw: An innocent person is in jail for a murder Tak committed. He is okay with that.

Quirk: Meticulous on details and highly organized, particularly with his gear.

Trivia: Tak has never seen the ocean.

Heather Papps posted:

so with mods

Strength: 18
Intelligence: 10
Wisdom:14
Dexterity: 14
Agility:13
Constitution: 19
Presence: 12

class = fighthaving poison green draconid dude named "Heather Snapps"
dislikes: mean cats, chairs without tailholes, not having a fight

okay so i'm imagining a pretty big two handed axe, given Heather Snapps's size, so like an old time hobo
with a bindle there's a sorta leather rucksack that i hang from the end of my axe that hides that it's an axe
and also contains the following items: a bell, a very shiny rock, rope.

biosterous posted:

rounding things up in one post!

name: Llany (because weak puns)
5th Level Mad Artificer. You can make things on the run. Your imagination is your spell book, a 20-sided die
your laboratory. You have to roll a 12 or higher on a D20 to do most things, with bonuses awarded to that roll
depending on the situation and your initiative rolls, etc.

You have 55 hit points, and an AC of -3. This is more for my notes, don't worry too much about it. You're going to blow up. A LOT.

You look like a pangolin, you are in fact a Draconid/Halfling hybrid, with 2 arms, 2 legs, and an armadillo back.

Labcoat of Lycanthropic Regeneration with 2 Pockets of Holding (4 cubic feet of storage space each)

+5 Glasses of Protection

Amulet of Draconid Skin

pronounce it lanny or yanny, he doesn't really mind either way!

Strength: 14
Intelligence: 17
Wisdom: 10
Dexterity: 14
Agility: 15
Constitution: 16
Presence: 13

take the moon posted:

def wanna play:

strength: 12
presence: 14
wisdom: 16
intelligence: 15
agility: 12
dexterity: 14
constitution: 12

can i be like a baby floppy eared sage guy from final fantasy tactics advance

edit to swap a stat around

magic cactus posted:

I'll play if there is still room, if not just make me a cursed item or something.

STR:12

PRE:12

WIS:16

INT:17

AG:12

DEX:15

CON:15

make me something ultra-useless like a loremaster lmao

Guest stars:

alnilam posted:

Dibs on being an NPC pls

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Yes i would love to contribute around the edges as well if there is space for it

Goons Are Great posted:

Can I be a bearded NPC? Not any particular one, but I think a beard is necessary, no matter who or what I may portray, even or actually especially if a beard makes no sense.
Beards tell the best stories.

Twenty Four posted:

alnilam posted:

Dibs on being an NPC pls
:same:

mostly because I can't promise committing time being busy with work lately without knowing how much time will be needed to not screw this up, but I would love to still be slightly involved as that would make me happy :)

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Apr 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

hell yeah! gotta finish filling out my paper character sheet and then i'll post it!

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

got this far before lunch/naps/re-arranging furniture stole my attention.

the only real new info is that i have 82 hit points i guess!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
You've all been there before. You go out and adventure, loot up all the good stuff, run back to town, sell it; replace your gear, maybe buy a trinket or two and get trained up to spend all those new experience points you earned. Then you take your last few coins and head to the tavern, where- with any sort of luck- you can gain a lead on the next adventure.

This is that time.

You are in a tavern by the name of Dirty Dorg's. Dirty Dorg's is your typical, rough & tumble, throw your hat in first and if it doesn't come flying back at you with lethal intent, you take your chances and go inside. The floors are of well-worn hardwoods, the furniture is bolted down to the floor, and the walls bear the scars of axes, swords, burns and scorch marks from Gods know what- and the smell of beer and roasting meat infuses the air, causing you to involuntarily salivate. Where Dirty Dorg's separates from those kinds of bars, though is the fact that it's a travelling temporal tavern. It exists in several different places at once, allowing travellers the opportunity to walk in from one World, and walk out in another. A variety of beings frequent the tavern, enjoying it's special meals and libations not found anywhere else.

Here is a menu for the not so light of heart:

Each of you have come back from your training, bartering, buying and upgrading to seek out your fortunes inside Dirty Dorg's.

The barkeep places a coaster in front of you, and asks you what you'd like ta have...

Heather Papps

hello friend

"best bat's blood? how fresh is it?"

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Heather Papps posted:

"best bat's blood? how fresh is it?"

The barkeep kicks something under the bar. You hear a high-pitched "squeee!"

"Fresh." the barkeep answers.

Heather Papps

hello friend

"i'll take one bat, alive if possible"

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Heather Papps posted:

"i'll take one bat, alive if possible"

The barkeep looks you up and down, reaches under the bar, and slams a large bat onto the bar.

"1 gold piece." The price seems final...

Stoner Sloth

A lone figure, bundled up in a heavy greatcoat and with a hood pulled up to obscure their features, wanders in from the outside. Heading directly to the bar the tall stranger takes a seat in the corner, turning slightly side on so that the entrance is visible and so that the stranger's back faces the wall. After briefly perusing the menu, and listening to conversation about the freshness of the bats, the stranger raises one clawed, chitinous digit to silently indict that they would like the same order of a single living Chiropteran.

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Heather Papps

hello friend

heather snapps gives the barman a coin, inspects the bat carefully, looks around the bar for a seat large enough to support his frame

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth posted:

A lone figure, bundled up in a heavy greatcoat and with a hood pulled up to obscure their features, wanders in from the outside. Heading directly to the bar the tall stranger takes a seat in the corner, turning slightly side on so that the entrance is visible and so that the stranger's back faces the wall. After briefly perusing the menu, and listening to conversation about the freshness of the bats, the stranger raises one clawed, chitinous digit to silently indict that they would like the same order of a single living Chiropteran.

Another bat slaps against the top of the sturdy and stout bar.

"1 gold piece" the barkeep says.

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 20, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Heather Papps posted:

heather snapps gives the barman a coin, inspects the bat carefully, looks around the bar for a seat large enough to support his frame

A table with worn, but comfortable looking chairs just happens to slide into your view as you turn to look for one, almost as if by magic! A chair with a tail slot is at one head of the table that looks to be able to seat a few people comfortably.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i'm gonna carry my bat over to the table and sit down in the perfect chair, then take out my shiny rock and see if the bats eyes follow it while i move it around. if the bat seems dumb, i eat it.

Stoner Sloth

>The stranger nods in thanks to the barkeeper, hand snaking with lightning speed to grab the bat before it can take flight and in that same instant replacing it with a gold coin for payment. The bat is checked over rapidly, if at all, before the stranger brings it up into the darkness of their voluminous hood. A pained, frightened squeak is hear but is cut off nearly instantly and... after another moment... a noise like someone drinking a particularly thick milkshake through a straw can be heard. Sitting as the stranger is, they have a good view of the bar and perhaps are examining the other patrons with a studied but casual air - admittedly bundled up like they are it's difficult to tell.

>>After another moment the stranger put the remains of the bat, nothing more than a flat, hollow skin with an oddly shaped wound on it, onto the bar counter before ordering another.

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Heather Papps posted:

i'm gonna carry my bat over to the table and sit down in the perfect chair, then take out my shiny rock and see if the bats eyes follow it while i move it around. if the bat seems dumb, i eat it.

The bat appears to be reasonably intelligent.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth posted:

>The stranger nods in thanks to the barkeeper, hand snaking with lightning speed to grab the bat before it can take flight and in that same instant replacing it with a gold coin for payment. The bat is checked over rapidly, if at all, before the stranger brings it up into the darkness of their voluminous hood. A pained, frightened squeak is hear but is cut off nearly instantly and... after another moment... a noise like someone drinking a particularly thick milkshake through a straw can be heard. Sitting as the stranger is, they have a good view of the bar and perhaps are examining the other patrons with a studied but casual air - admittedly bundled up like they are it's difficult to tell.

>>After another moment the stranger put the remains of the bat, nothing more than a flat, hollow skin with an oddly shaped wound on it, onto the bar counter before ordering another.

The barkeep watches in muted horror, then steps back a bit as you slap the dessicated remains onto the bar and order another.

"Holy crap! That was AWESOME!" he exclaims, and slams another fresh bat onto the bar.

"Dis one's on da house; enjoy!"

Heather Papps

hello friend

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

The bat appears to be reasonably intelligent.

i'm gonna open a window, hold the bat close to my face, and in my friendliest voice tell it that they owe me one, then toss it out the window.

aaaand then i'm going to observe the bar for a while before purchasing some sorta cheap swampbeer

Stoner Sloth

>A strange, cold voice, laced with odd intonations, an utter lack of emotion and subtle clicking noises replies simply "Thanks." to the barkeeper - it's impossible to tell if the voice's owner is male or female, it just sounds... alien.

>The second bat is treated much the same as the first, rapidly drawn into the cloaked figure's hood and after the briefest of struggles by the poor beast the same thick slurping noise before once more a flattened bat, looking like a leathery balloon that has lost its air, is placed back down on the bar after a few long moments. Notably there are no bones, flesh, internal organs... nothing but the creature's skin remains.

>The stranger's proportions are notably odd, seeming tall and lanky but the greatcoat bulges around the abdomen as if concealing something beneath it - what that is is anyone's guess however as it remains tightly closed to prying eyes. Seemingly slaked for now the stranger doesn't request another bat, instead looking around as if trying to decide on something and then moving over to take a seat at the same table as the large draconid, taking a seat that seems selected mostly for strategic advantage - again with the wall sheltering against any attempt to approach from behind and facing roughly towards the door so as not to be taken by surprise.

>The cloaked figure doesn't introduce itself yet but does not a subtle and not unfriendly greeting to the large lizard before taking out a deck of cards and idly starting to shuffle them with nimble movements quick enough to be hard for the eyes to follow, long spidery fingers ending in razor sharp claws agilely playing over the cards as their own waits patiently to see what comes next.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Heather Papps posted:

i'm gonna open a window, hold the bat close to my face, and in my friendliest voice tell it that they owe me one, then toss it out the window.

aaaand then i'm going to observe the bar for a while before purchasing some sorta cheap swampbeer

10-18

You do that, and you can tell the bat will in fact owe you one.

At the top of your character sheet, write "Adventuring Check" and make a single check mark next to it. Adventuring checks can be used to re-roll an important roll. Also write down under notes on your character sheet that a bat owes you a favor.

biosterous

Llany bumbles up to the bar, orders a glass of water, three different shots of various levels of ethanol (although if there's so non-ethanol alcohols he'd be interested in those!), a napkin, and a bowl of mixed grubs. he takes a seat near a largely-unused candle, and sees some kind of weird animal skin on the bar. he pokes at it a bit, pulls a notepad out of a pocket and starts taking notes

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

take the moon

by sebmojo
a floppy eared rotund creature that looks somewhat sapient in a bulky robecloak thing wanders in. he may be on the youngish side if you're at all familiar with this race. he looks timid, nervous, an aura like he may be fronting this for a false sense of security or that he may be trying to give this impression when its actually not a front. he orders an iron orc (ore?) beer in a voice that sounds like he was mentally rehearsing the order about a hundred times as he trod into the tavern.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

take the moon posted:

a floppy eared rotund creature that looks somewhat sapient in a bulky robecloak thing wanders in. he may be on the youngish side if you're at all familiar with this race. he looks timid, nervous, an aura like he may be fronting this for a false sense of security or that he may be trying to give this impression when its actually not a front. he orders an iron orc (ore?) beer in a voice that sounds like he was mentally rehearsing the order about a hundred times as he trod into the tavern.

The barkeep locks eyes with you for a moment, a steely glint in his eyes causes a bit of alarm, then recognition dawns, and you realize he's an old friend, from a time you barely remember. He slides a frosty mug of Iron Orc Ale your way as he says

"Dis one's on me, buddy!" as he gives you a wink and a thumbs up.

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Apr 20, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

biosterous posted:

Llany bumbles up to the bar, orders a glass of water, three different shots of various levels of ethanol (although if there's so non-ethanol alcohols he'd be interested in those!), a napkin, and a bowl of mixed grubs. he takes a seat near a largely-unused candle, and sees some kind of weird animal skin on the bar. he pokes at it a bit, pulls a notepad out of a pocket and starts taking notes

"Dat'll be 1 gold piece" the barkeep tells you, although he gives you the hairy eyeball when you order water, but it goes away when you order pure booze. You get what your ordered, and the grubs are especially tasty.

biosterous

Llany absentmindedly slides gold piece to the barkeeper. he drinks the first shot but pours the other two into some vials that he slips into his labcoat. munching a handful of grubs, he takes a look around the tavern to see if there are any rad new pals to meet? and tell about some good ideas??

gallery of sigs

he/him

take the moon

by sebmojo
my dude sips his drink while quietly observing those around, looking both scared that and hopeful someone will talk to him

----------------

Stoner Sloth

>The hooded stranger begins to deal himself a game of solitaire, pushing through it at a blinding pace despite seeming to play without much attention dedicated to it. The mysterious character scans the bar, looking over the various patrons and focusing their attention on new arrivals in particular as well as the saurian that they share a table with.

>After a long moment they enquire in that same bizarrely inhuman voice of earlier "In for a couple of rounds of cards to pass the time?" addressing their question to nobody in particular or perhaps anyone in ear shot.

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Apr 20, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
A large object is brought out from somewhere in the back of the establishment. It appears to be a giant mushroom. Sitting on the top of it is a large creature that looks a lot like a 4 foot long caterpillar, holding a tube to its mouth. The tube connects to the mushroom, which you now recognize as a sort of hookah. The caterpillar is curled around the bowl. A sweet, inviting smell immediately permeates the atmosphere of Dirty Dorg's, mixing in with the other smells.

"Would you care to indulge?" the caterpillar asks, extending the tip of the tube to anyone who would wish it.

A large, hooded being sits nearby, interested in a card game, if there are any takers...

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

A large object is brought out from somewhere in the back of the establishment. It appears to be a giant mushroom. Sitting on the top of it is a large creature that looks a lot like a 4 foot long caterpillar, holding a tube to its mouth. The tube connects to the mushroom, which you now recognize as a sort of hookah. The caterpillar is curled around the bowl. A sweet, inviting smell immediately permeates the atmosphere of Dirty Dorg's, mixing in with the other smells.

"Would you care to indulge?" the caterpillar asks, extending the tip of the tube to anyone who would wish it.

A large, hooded being sits nearby, interested in a card game, if there are any takers...

It's four twenty in the Fort Wunny thread!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

i thank the buggo, take a rip and wander to the card game invitational

Stoner Sloth

>The tall stranger in the greatcoat replies to the caterpillar with a series of strange clicking noises and assorted sounds that nothing resembling a human could easily produce, translated from Insectoid roughly it would approach "Might as well, time is all I'm killing for now. Thanks.", reaching out to take the offered hose, bringing it up into the shadow of the hood and take a long draw on the hookah. The stranger holds it in a good long time before exhaling it from whatever passes for lungs and then leans back in the chair, nodding in gratitude to the caterpillar and returning to see if anyone has taken an interest in playing cards.

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Apr 20, 2020

nut

Buddy Lee Cotton leans frozen on the bar, lower jaw falling slack, revealing a row of pearly white teeth punctuated with a single gold incisor. He maintains the disgusted gape as he watches the hooded figure at the bar suck down his second bat.

His shocked look persists while his eyes rabidly try to trace the stranger's appendages running through a game of solitaire. It is only the stranger's inquiry to any surrounding for a round of cards that breaks his trance. Buddy instinctively dips his head, the brim of his stetson covering his dark blue eyes before the stranger has a chance to meet his gaze. He lifts a gloved hand to his mouth, fakely coughing twice, gently shaking the fringe sporting the length of his sleeves. He slowly returns his gaze upward, a now solemn, steely look in reply to the stranger's request.

"Well, pardner, I'm never one to shy away from a fellah lookin' to part with his coin"

Twenty Four

It's four twenty in the Fort Wunny thread!

Oh my I didnt even realize! Hah I love it!

take the moon

by sebmojo
a strange look comes into my dudes eyes. he moves towards the tube with a surety that belies his earlier shudder. he draws on the tube with expert precision and waits for the effects to take hold, looking both alert and composed, and for a moment the sagacity he is learning flares from his eyes, as if for a blessed moment he knows the make-up and nature of both the the tavern's strange textures and those now keeping space within its bounds.

----------------

biosterous

Llany takes a hit and ambles over to the folks with the cards. he set down with an amiable smile and asks what gave they'll be playing.

"i hope it's not one with too much bluffing because i'm not very good at that!"

Twenty Four posted:

gallery of sigs

he/him

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Heather Papps posted:

i thank the buggo, take a rip and wander to the card game invitational

take the moon posted:

a strange look comes into my dudes eyes. he moves towards the tube with a surety that belies his earlier shudder. he draws on the tube with expert precision and waits for the effects to take hold, looking both alert and composed, and for a moment the sagacity he is learning flares from his eyes, as if for a blessed moment he knows the make-up and nature of both the the tavern's strange textures and those now keeping space within its bounds.

nut posted:

Buddy Lee Cotton leans frozen on the bar, lower jaw falling slack, revealing a row of pearly white teeth punctuated with a single gold incisor. He maintains the disgusted gape as he watches the hooded figure at the bar suck down his second bat.

His shocked look persists while his eyes rabidly try to trace the stranger's appendages running through a game of solitaire. It is only the stranger's inquiry to any surrounding for a round of cards that breaks his trance. Buddy instinctively dips his head, the brim of his stetson covering his dark blue eyes before the stranger has a chance to meet his gaze. He lifts a gloved hand to his mouth, fakely coughing twice, gently shaking the fringe sporting the length of his sleeves. He slowly returns his gaze upward, a now solemn, steely look in reply to the stranger's request.

"Well, pardner, I'm never one to shy away from a fellah lookin' to part with his coin"

Stoner Sloth posted:

"Might as well, time is all I'm killing for now. Thanks.", reaching out to take the offered hose, bringing it up into the shadow of the hood and take a long draw on the hookah. The stranger holds it in a good long time before exhaling it from whatever passes for lungs and then leans back in the chair, nodding in gratitude to the caterpillar and returning to see if anyone has taken an interest in playing cards.

biosterous posted:

Llany takes a hit and ambles over to the folks with the cards. he set down with an amiable smile and asks what gave they'll be playing.

"i hope it's not one with too much bluffing because i'm not very good at that!"

Everyone who took a hit roll a 20!

Reroll 1s, 10s, and 20s

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Twenty Four posted:

For now, you are the caterpillar :)

biosterous

uh oh!

e: just realized the angle is a bit unclear but that's a 4

biosterous fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 20, 2020

gallery of sigs

he/him

Stoner Sloth

Everyone who took a hit roll a 20!

Reroll 1s, 10s, and 20s

(20! 17. Some good poo poo apparently! also lol at 20 directly after bio's 4)

>The stranger starts to shuffle up the cards again, fingers moving so quickly as to almost blur and the cards folded and cut back in, shifted between either hand like a skilled street magician on some highly illegal stimulant might manage.

>The particularly perceptive might notice that as the toke from the hookah starts to kick in the stranger's long fingered, chitinous hands - up to now a dull matte charcoal grey - show a psychedelic array of colours briefly flickering and playing over them as they start to deal to each of the folks that joined in.

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Apr 20, 2020

biosterous

was thinking a bit and given various species we could be a band called Buddy Lee Cotton and his Long-Nosed Pals

gallery of sigs

he/him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

biosterous posted:

was thinking a bit and given various species we could be a band called Buddy Lee Cotton and his Long-Nosed Pals

(As someone without a nose, Tak approves of this given that is misleading!)