Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
oh wait i misunderstood the thread title. i can ONLY get north shore roast beefs at home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

shirunei posted:

Only upside of living in NE Tennessee is this local chain that is basically slightly higher quality whataburger. They also have the OG mt dew called Dr. Enuf that is impossible to find elsewhere and delicious.

that building is a garish nightmare and I love it

no visible windows (besides the drive thru one)

BURGER GULAG

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

WITCHCRAFT posted:

that building is a garish nightmare and I love it

no visible windows (besides the drive thru one)

BURGER GULAG

at three-o-clock in the afternoon every day, the building vents its accumulated burger fumes, giving the workers inside a brief but needed period of respite

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Virigoth posted:

Thinkin about a cup of raisin canes sauce to dip my chicken fingers in and slap on some garlic bread.

The fingers at Cane's suck, the breading is always slippery and slides off, the fries are terrible, like they take them out of the fryer while there's still two minutes on the timer.

But god drat that sauce.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Chief McHeath posted:

The fingers at Cane's suck, the breading is always slippery and slides off, the fries are terrible, like they take them out of the fryer while there's still two minutes on the timer.

But god drat that sauce.
this was almost exactly my experience. That slaw was exactly from KFC. The tenders were wet and not crispy.

Whole experience made me want to get Popeyes strips and dip them in the Canes sauce

Pakistani Brad Pitt fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jan 2, 2021

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I've never been to a Raising Cane's, but I'd have this copycat recipe for their sauce bookmarked for a while now. You probabllly already have the poo poo sitting around at home.

https://copykat.com/raising-canes-dipping-sauce-recipe/

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Chief McHeath posted:

But god drat that sauce.

The fries and tenders are just a delivery vehicle IMO.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I miss Hardee’s. Used to get it in the midwest. Great buffalo chicken tenders. They used to have a burger with pulled pork and onion rings on it. Nice place for an indulgent treat.

Taco John’s is pretty bad overall but they had one item I quite liked, a nasty burrito stuffed with popcorn chicken, hash browns, and nacho cheese. Playing to their strength.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Living on the west side of Pennsylvania but having grown up on the east side; I desperately miss Wawa nearly every single day. Finest gas station sandwiches you can get. Sheetz is an acceptable substitute for like, a burrito and a bag of gummi worms, but the sandwiches are dogshit in comparison.

Also around Morgantown West Virginia there is a tiny chain of... breakfast fast food shops called Tudor’s Biscuit World and you get 1500 calories of egg and biscuit and sausage gravy for like $2

It would only take me an hour to drive there and an hour back but I try to make it a special treat for when I go hiking down there

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

http://tudorsbiscuitworld.com/Locations.aspx

that is...quite the specific geographic range. shout-out to panama city fl

edit i'm pretty sure i could eat here every day until i die

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jan 13, 2021

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

"Shaved Ham Melt" gently caress yeah.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

One of the very few upsides to living in WV is Tudor’s. I’ll endorse it.

MykonosFan fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jan 15, 2021

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I loving love Tudor's, the Xenia, OH location is like 45 minutes from me, so I don't go there often, but man is it worth it.

----------------

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Yesterday the Doobie thread made me remember Bionic Burger, a place with a couple locations in Wichita, KS founded by Lee Major's son.

It was for the most part just an average burger, but they made the fries in store.

loving nap inducing greasy goodness. They were piled high.

----------------

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

It's been three months and I miss Whataburger badly

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Gonna road trip to get some Raisin Canes tomorrow. Pandemic vacationing at its finest.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

shirunei posted:

Only upside of living in NE Tennessee is this local chain that is basically slightly higher quality whataburger. They also have the OG mt dew called Dr. Enuf that is impossible to find elsewhere and delicious.

This building is beautiful.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Chief McHeath posted:

But god drat that sauce.

I think their food is pretty mediocre but yeah the sauce is good. The fact that trading a cole slaw to get a second one . . . .is a good trade.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Never been within range of one of those, but the menu is tempting. Some of the biscuit sandwiches sound amazing. Super thin shaved ham and melty american on a good biscuit, sign me the gently caress up.

What really got my attention though was the "hungry man's platter." A big rear end bowl of beans. Sides are fried potatoes, cornbread, cole slaw, and a big rear end pile of raw chopped onion.

It sounds a lot like the western New York thing called a garbage plate, which made its rounds on cooking TV shows a while ago. A plate filled with macaroni salad, baked beans, and fries. Then you plop some burgers or hotdogs on top, and smother it with chili (the beanless hotdog condiment kind) and chopped raw onions. Sometimes cheese or mustard is also involved.

They are both a big old mess of food that I would shamefullylessly eat at 2am in the kitchen with the lights off, to hide my sin from god.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
It has been forever, I really could go for some Bojangles breakfast biscuits. Next time I’m south of the mason Dixon I need to go find one.

Ten years ago I did a lot of business travel to Florida for and Pollo Tropical was always a favorite. drat good food for a fast food joint and you got a large quantity of food for your money.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I don't know if Taco House out in Colorado counts but if I didn't hate flying I'd go out there just for that.

Edit- Look at this :love:

gently caress I want some.

pro starcraft loser fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Feb 2, 2021

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

pro starcraft loser posted:

I don't know if Taco House out in Colorado counts but if I didn't hate flying I'd go out there just for that.

Edit- Look at this :love:

gently caress I want some.

I've lived in Denver for almost 20 years and never been in there. What should you get there? Are those.. tostadas?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

I've lived in Denver for almost 20 years and never been in there. What should you get there? Are those.. tostadas?

To be fair its a bit of a hole in the wall and most of my love for it is probably nostalgia, think like a Waffle House of TexMex If you want some (super) cheap texmex I'd get the crunchy tacos and the flour enchilada:

Look at these tostadas!

pro starcraft loser fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Feb 3, 2021

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Originally from CO, now east coast. Besides all the insane hole in the wall mexican joints (Las Tortugas is my poo poo), Good Times is the one place I generally hit within the first few hours of being home for a visit. Guacamole bacon burger and some wild fries always hit the spot.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I'm not moving for a year, but Pollo Campero is going to be it for me. It's a Guatemalan fried chicken place in Nashville that is both extremely good and cheaply priced.

I can get a leg, thigh, add-in a breast, a side and a dessert for less than $15 delivered. And it's super good fried chicken. Spiced well, crispy skin and the meat is tender and flowing with juices. It's better than my 30 year old memories of eating KFC as a kid. It's better by far than the Popeyes a half mile away.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Our entire family mourned when Pollo Campero closed in Arizona. Now we just have El Pollo Loco which is A not the same thing and B not very good. The closest one now is a five hour drive to Vegas.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

The problem with El Pollo Loco is that they exist in areas that have amazing taquerias, but they're charging taqueria prices. It's a weird middle ground between taco bell and a taqueria so every time I go there I wish I would have gone to either end of the epsectrum.

I've only been there 4 times, but I've lived real close to it for most of my life. They put out wings last year that were pretty good flavor-wise, but soggy as hell.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I have never gone to a non-Taco Bell fast food taco chain because I live in San Diego and why loving bother?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Zoesdare posted:

Our entire family mourned when Pollo Campero closed in Arizona. Now we just have El Pollo Loco which is A not the same thing and B not very good. The closest one now is a five hour drive to Vegas.

Which part of Arizona are you in? I can't compare it to Pollo Campero since I've never had it, but there are a couplel great Mexican chicken chains in Tucson better than El Pollo Loco. Pollo Feliz, Chickennuevo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Originally from Cleveland but live in Florida. I miss Mr Hero’s Romanburger with some waffle fries with cheese it’s the perfect late night drunk food. They don’t go far from Ohio due to them using Orlando Bread which local fo the area. Whenever I go back to Cleveland it’s the first place I always stop.