Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

The video is still processing, and from what I've seen of fiction, a Precog vs Precog fight usually boils down to whose head explodes while trying to keep up with the other guy first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.
Seems like it's up now!

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
...was I supposed to be able to tell what killed the cops? Did we kill the cops?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

We killed a lot of cops.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

We did, and also.... they did? Somehow?

Those guys are kind of working on a whole different level.

Or they’re Chronos hallucinations? I dunno, the cops seemed to see them, and the girl was behaving very in-metaphorically.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
To choose to live is to choose Death, of course! And I'm sure the opposite is true too and there are no monkey's-paw language games going on were we to go with the other choice.

This game is trippy and I'm trying to stop myself from going looking for more story details. I'm glad speedrun mode basically excises all the story bits so I haven't been spoiled already.

Not The Wendigo
Apr 12, 2009
Riffing on the "your walkman is part of your precog", that's why you "eject" from watching the replay.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Did we really have a choice there? It seems like either path would have similar results.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

The two paths are RADICALLY different, but I think we made the right choice. I’ll show off the other later!

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
With all the stuff we've learnt about Chronos I must admit I'd be weirdly tempted to go "Let's be dead before we spend a subjective eternity in a nightmare, and if these weird possible hallucinations are right and it saves the 1.5 people we care about, huzzah."

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
I can't hear the game audio again, which is unfortunate because the music and ambiance seem to be a big part of this game.

TKMobile
Apr 30, 2009
I've seen some LPs of this game in the past, few to the end, though I almost always make it past the DJ mission.

However, I've noticed that I've NEVER seen anybody actually hide from the 'therapist' that they talked to said DJ, which makes me wonder that if you talk to him in -any- capacity Doctor Malpractice here will somehow always find out or the dialog doesn't give you the option to not bring it up.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

TKMobile posted:

I've seen some LPs of this game in the past, few to the end, though I almost always make it past the DJ mission.

However, I've noticed that I've NEVER seen anybody actually hide from the 'therapist' that they talked to said DJ, which makes me wonder that if you talk to him in -any- capacity Doctor Malpractice here will somehow always find out or the dialog doesn't give you the option to not bring it up.

This actually got me to reinstall and do another playthrough solely to be a total rear end in a top hat who speaks in blatant lies just to see what would happen. Having the conversation with Electrohead and playing stupid, being as uncooperative as possible about the dreams and so forth.

I have... words about this game, but I'm going to have to save it for considerably later.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Well, we chose life.

That's life for US, mind, and KIND OF POINTEDLY not life for other people. How uh.. how are we thinking that's gonna work out?

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
Man, I am not liking those flags...

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009
Oh god, I knew it, we should've chosen differently. :(

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

... I wonder if everyone who passes that test is automatically deemed a gamma null

and the idea of null levels is just a lie and they are all raised by birth with this drug

not like the test taker would know anyway, having a mind shot up with Chronos

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

"hmm, life has lost its lustre and I now long for sweet death, time to put in the tape that tells people to not open the cryo chamber under any circumstance"

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

The fact that the guy looked so young, and dies the way of choosing the wrong grail makes me suspect that he had experimented Cronos on himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.
Katana Zero is on Gamepass now if anyone wanted to give it a try. I didn’t have to reload to much on the first missions.