Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Poil posted:

Could be yes, I don't remember their names (the only reason I remember Tony Hawk is because his is in the title and mostly because I am not particularly interested in skateboarding and skaters even less, sorry). The guy who flipped his board on the side and slid across a surface like it was nothing. It's probably because it's different too. To my untrained eye the other skaters did kinda similar things. Halfpipe (is that the right word?) is not the same as those... empty pool-like things but it is mostly back and forth.

All of their stuff is of course impressive but those wizard moves were especially so.

Watching video game skaters do ridiculous vertical tricks is obviously exaggerated but Rodney Mullen's stuff basically came as close as my brain thought we could get to the ridiculous grind tricks (and later the ground tricks) in the video games. This is the Tony Hawk 3 video I mentioned.

ThornBrain posted:

THUG is complete! Look forward to American Wasteland next week, with Jacob taking over for the story, though I will do Classic Mode when we get around to that.

Neat. Never saw these games past 4 so I'm really looking forward to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
For those who haven't seen it, we've begun American Wasteland next!
(We're skipping Underground 2 for now due to recording issues. We'll try again after THAW.)