Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is some poo poo that would actually happen under a democrat super majority
accomplish nothing
waste two years
statehood for DC and PR
single payer healthcare
tax reform
expand the number of supreme court justice seats
impeach criminals
green new deal
giving a gently caress about anyone making < $200,000
climate action plan
View Results

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Because I'm a cynical rear end in a top hat I am dubious of all the progressive things that the democrats could do and instead am wondering about what two centrists and a party of old donor-class appealing representatives would actually want to do. We know that Democrats think that everything was great under Obama so anything that doesn't benefit the middle upper class is out. I figure that a solid starting ground would be looking at what benefits the party but doesn't change the status quo so in my opinion I think statehood to Puerto Rico and Washington DC are in. Single payer healthcare and tax reform are definitely out.

What are the slam dunk progressive issues embraced by twitter that will be dead and rotten in the ditch one month in to a democrat super-majority?

edit - gently caress i hosed up and didn't make it a multiple option poll :mods:

cowofwar has issued a correction as of 04:26 on Oct 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

no cultivate political capital? for loving shame

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

They absolutely wouldn't Goku

animist
Aug 28, 2018

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Continue 90% of Trump's policies but probably do more measures against COVID.

Then let healthcare and income inequality erode further and lose to a pure fascist Republican in 2024.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM

Griz
May 21, 2001

the only thing they'll actually do is eliminate the cap on SALT deductions (which only helps rich people in expensive areas) and prop up dying industries like airlines so the execs can loot even more on their way out.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

we already ran this experiment in the 2009-2010 supermajority democratic congress OP

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A939QRRSNV4

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

tall.gif

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Regime change in Venezuela

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

adrenochrome

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
lose congress in 2022 and lose to a republican in 2024

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

where's the "do everything the GOP wants to try to appear reasonable to moderates" option

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Tread water bay-beeeeeeeee

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Kill social security for anyone born after 1964.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
do things? i'm not sure you understand liberalism my friend

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

we're gonna enter 3 new exciting wars op

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

We are going to Restore the Legitimacy of Our Institutions by filling them full of neocons and spinning the NSA back up

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

build an eternal digital panopticon and then take a sip from a tall glass of water

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
My best case scenario is making gerrymandering and disenfranchisement much more difficult. The mainstream dems are delusional enough to think this will result in gains for establishment democrats and not progressives. I doubt it though.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

There will be a media blackout on anything they could actually address and everything else will be blamed on republican obstinance

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Eifert Posting posted:

My best case scenario is making gerrymandering and disenfranchisement much more difficult. The mainstream dems are delusional enough to think this will result in gains for establishment democrats and not progressives. I doubt it though.

the democrats will increase gerrymandering and disenfranchisement thinking that demographics will be on their side, only to stumble into a rout in 2024

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

kids today... they don't know obama

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

ICE is getting a budget increase

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

https://youtu.be/Cs57e-viIKw

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

austerity

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
get all huffy about the right suddenly remembering the deficit

also dropping everything to try and fix the deficit

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Krazyface posted:

get all huffy about the right suddenly remembering the deficit

also dropping everything to try and fix the deficit

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

austerity austerity austerity also somehow manage to keep the kids in smaller cages

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

They'll pull out of the peace talks with the Taliban and up the number of US troops in Afghanistan citing "conditions on the ground" and claim it was all a stunt by a well known Russian stooge anyway. But don't worry, Dems will allow transgender service members again to die in the forever war.

edit: Oh and also reinstate the individual mandate tax and literally nothing else healthcare wise. The healthcare crisis will be declared solved.

SgtMongoose has issued a correction as of 04:17 on Oct 16, 2020

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
:decorum: while giving everything away to the gop again

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
declare trump's birthday to be national ice-cream day!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Frumply posted:

build an eternal digital panopticon and then pretend to take a sip from a tall glass of water