Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Beef Eater posted:

What do you call that wooden thing that looks kind of like a pommel horse, and you can put two of them together to lay your project across them?

Would 100% recommend spending the money on the $49 toughbuilt ones.. you can lay a nice worksurface on em and they're bigley sturdy while folding up small. I use mine a bunch as an outfeed table for a table saw or project table outside etc etc etc. well worth the $100 for 2 instead of the $50 flimsy plastic folding ones.

Or just buy some 2x4's and make your own pair for like 15 bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I have two plastic horses and the little hinge tabs that allow it to fold are total poo poo and frustrate the hell out of me but new horses as lower on my list of things I said I would buy because I currently own a poo poo model (I'm staring at you wheel barrel).

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Is there a special name for a sawhorse that can be adjusted to different heights for holding the end of a board at a mitre saw or something? I swear I’ve seen exactly what I mean at construction sites. Usually looks like a saw horse made from square pipe with a roller on top.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Outfeed stand or roller stand

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Qwijib0 posted:

Outfeed stand or roller stand

That does it, thanks!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

tuyop posted:

Is there a special name for a sawhorse that can be adjusted to different heights for holding the end of a board at a mitre saw or something? I swear I’ve seen exactly what I mean at construction sites. Usually looks like a saw horse made from square pipe with a roller on top.

spefisically for a miter saw you probalyb want a Miter saw stand.. They do more than just hold the saw.. you have a outfeed/infeed roller that supports your longer work pieces, and usually an L on each side so you can measure once and lock the L down and use it as a stop for your wood so your 10 30" cuts are reasonably accurate without having to measure all 10.

for different things yeah.. an outfeed roller is what you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

AFewBricksShy posted:

I have a cedar pergola. Is there any way to clean all the black gunk off of it without just re-sanding the entire thing?

Power washer. Wait for a blazing hot day, wear only shorts and goggles.