Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Fat BUSHI will never die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I want to say I put Bray vs. Braun at Summerslam as worst match but I could be wrong.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

I want to say I put Bray vs. Braun at Summerslam as worst match but I could be wrong.

It has fierce competition from the Bray vs Braun Swamp Fight at Extreme Rules.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

i humbly nominate the 35+ minute edge/orton last man standing slog as standing above anything roman has done

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
in the most B-tier awards "Worst on Social Media" should explicitly say T-Bar or Mace not Retribution as a whole because Mustafa Ali has been killing it with the poo poo he's been given.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I voted Ricochet and instantly regretted not voting Retribution :(

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I'd like to add that I would love nothing more than to nominate some undoubtedly awful WWE poo poo as the WMOTY but the only WWE "match" I saw last year was the Fiend vs Cena thing which was funny, and good

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

a cyborg mug posted:

I'd like to add that I would love nothing more than to nominate some undoubtedly awful WWE poo poo as the WMOTY but the only WWE "match" I saw last year was the Fiend vs Cena thing which was funny, and good

Trying to find things to nominate for the worst when I'm voting in awards is hard now I have no idea what's happening in WWE

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pylons posted:

MassRafTer posted:

It has fierce competition from the Bray vs Braun Swamp Fight at Extreme Rules.

I'm pretty sure I voted for one of these. God that feud was trash.

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven
Will Go Shiozaki once again be robbed from his rightful Best Wrestler award? Tune in January 17th to find out!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Spoiler alert the answer is yes he will be robbed.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Trying to find things to nominate for the worst when I'm voting in awards is hard now I have no idea what's happening in WWE

Same, and it's a good problem to have :) Why waste our time on watching stupid garbage we hate. Free your mind from hatewatching

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Luckily I watched All Japan this year which gave me some things to fill the gap with - although both WWE shows I watched were in the Worst list impressively.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
smh at Brad Maddox for not linking this thread in the Observer Awards thread I almost missed the deadline because I didn't know it existed!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MJeff posted:

smh at Brad Maddox for not linking this thread in the Observer Awards thread I almost missed the deadline because I didn't know it existed!

He was a terrible Raw GM and he's not even a goon so I don't know what you expected

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
You left out his atrocious commentating.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
one more day to vote! it ends tomorrow night! make sure to get your votes in, it could make the difference!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

forkboy84 posted:

I think Jado vs Yano might be the worst match I've ever seen.

I avoided most of the bad WWE matches. I voted for Sammy Guevara vs. Matt Hardy - it should have been stopped and it unnecessarily continued. Yano vs. Jado is a fairly close second - it was just awful.

I didn't watch any of it, but I voted Lana vs Jax & Baszler for worst feud. The recaps by Dave & Bryan were awful enough to cement it there.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
What were people picking for worst gimmick? Seemed like Retribution would run away with it but Fiendess Alexa came on strong down the stretch.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

mooseinfants posted:

What were people picking for worst gimmick? Seemed like Retribution would run away with it but Fiendess Alexa came on strong down the stretch.

I dunno. Maybe EVIL's gimmick of man who can't win without a trillion hours of interference & shenanigans per match? I cannot remember for the life of me. Or The Fiend which feels like a safe, low effort choice.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

mooseinfants posted:

The Fiend. There's only been 1-2 Fiend matches that weren't WMOTYC.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

mooseinfants posted:

Roman Reigns.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm curious.

Did Hangman, Silver and Reynolds vs. MJF, Santana and Ortiz get any love in anyone's MotY top 3?

Would it get into your top 10?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

I'm curious.

Did Hangman, Silver and Reynolds vs. MJF, Santana and Ortiz get any love in anyone's MotY top 3?

I don't remember what I voted for top 3 but it'd absolutely make my top 10.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MJeff posted:

I'm curious.

Just outside the top 3 for me, if I was feeling slightly different the day I compiled this it might have hit 2

10 Stadium Stampede, AEW Double Or Nothing
9 Moxley vs Suzuki, NJPW New Beginning
8 Kingston vs Moxley, AEW Full Gear
7 Riho vs Nyla, AEW Dynamite
6 Ishii vs Ibushi, NJPW G1 Climax
5 Ibushi vs Taichi, NJPW G1 Climax
4 Hangman and Beaver Boys vs Inner Circle, AEW Dynamite Celebration Of Life
3 PAC vs Kenny Omega Iron Man Match, AEW Dynamite
2 Kenny and Hangman vs Young Bucks, AEW Revolution
1 Red vs Toryumon Unit Disband Match, Dragon Gate Final Gate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MJeff posted:

I'm curious.

It probably would make my top 10? I have 9 matches at over 5 stars, and then 9 more, including that one, getting 5.

It was probably my favorite moment of the year, though.