Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Gonna Win
Perdue
Loeffler
Warnock
TRUMPF!
View Results

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

SKULL.GIF posted:

Stacy Abrams's name is mud here in CSPAM but she's been doing years of voter outreach efforts in Georgia and it looks like it's finally paying off for the liberals.

i think seeing Kemp flagrantly steal the gubernatorial election made her super dedicated to it tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Admiral Ray posted:

i think seeing Kemp flagrantly steal the gubernatorial election made her super dedicated to it tbh.

And also probably motivated the hell out of her base to keep at it and shove it to the GOP.

Abrams may be a succ lib, but my god the entirety of the Georgia GOP is just comically evil. Kemp, Perdue, Loeffler, Raffensperger -- all just in the flesh caricatures of corrupt politicians, like Mr. Burns level of parody.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

Stacy Abrams's name is mud here in CSPAM but she's been doing years of voter outreach efforts in Georgia and it looks like it's finally paying off for the liberals.

I heard a take that it was mainly a new law which got voters registered at the dmv, not Abrams, which led to a shift in Georgia. Does anyone know anything about that?

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Yossarian-22 posted:

I heard a take that it was mainly a new law which got voters registered at the dmv, not Abrams, which led to a shift in Georgia. Does anyone know anything about that?

i dont know if they changed it or something but that's not new, thats how i've always been registered.

edit- i take it back, we were required for a grade to register in high school, but they asked about it again when i renewed my license in 2015.

Iridium has issued a correction as of 16:52 on Jan 6, 2021

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Levels of mad, etc

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1346818855298072576
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1346845109736845318

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1346809349214248962

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

too bad you lost you stupid loving baby lol :owned:

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
Is this where I get my $2K

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Slippery posted:

Is this where I get my $2K

Now is not the time for partisan politics, we need to reach across th

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

my wife has been very involved with GA campaigns for like 15 years. Anecdotally Stacy's big spotlight got an absurd amount of money for Fair Fight GA. Fair Fight then did the smart thing and filtered that money down to local organizers who have historically never had any money. So like places that had a couple of volunteers who could go canvas on a Sunday now had enough to pay a staff of people $15-20 and hour to canvass for 30-40 hours a week.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Vishass posted:

my wife has been very involved with GA campaigns for like 15 years. Anecdotally Stacy's big spotlight got an absurd amount of money for Fair Fight GA. Fair Fight then did the smart thing and filtered that money down to local organizers who have historically never had any money. So like places that had a couple of volunteers who could go canvas on a Sunday now had enough to pay a staff of people $15-20 and hour to canvass for 30-40 hours a week.

Sounds inefficient. So many different hands involved diluting the pool of money. I’m sure that money could have been better spent developing a voter engagement app.

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

Admiral Ray posted:

It's incredibly dumb to poo poo on her when she is doing the exact thing people have been making GBS threads on the DNC for failing to do and actually getting tangible results from it. There are plenty of other people to poo poo on

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It's ok to acknowledge if abrams did something good for georgia organizing. The stupid poo poo she did with CAP and bloomberg is a separate issue. Dems are being downright weird about it though because they love heroes and can't act normal toward black people.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

abrams politics suck but she did a really good job of organizing and spending money effectively (canvassing) instead of what dems usually do with a surplus of cash (worthless ad-buys and out of state fundraising)

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Declan MacManus posted:

abrams politics suck but she did a really good job of organizing and spending money effectively (canvassing) instead of what dems usually do with a surplus of cash (worthless ad-buys and out of state fundraising)

Or leaving it lying around like in Maine lol

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

gideon is refusing to use it for local aid right now too

$14M unspent lmfao

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

I'm so mad about that dude

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
does anyone have the final margins of the georgia run offs so we can work out how many of the people who turned out for trump stayed at home in jan

like alot of them were unlikely voters, if they were present this week that bodes very badly for the democrats in the future

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Increased in black and hispanic voters, decrease in votes by trump supporters

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

so uh did the dems take the senate or are people still loving around with calling the elections? how many days until a real result is good?

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

theyre both well outside recount range, they'll be sworn in as soon as the counties/state certify the election. I think that's next week sometime since they have to wait for military/overseas ballots

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr posted:

theyre both well outside recount range, they'll be sworn in as soon as the counties/state certify the election. I think that's next week sometime since they have to wait for military/overseas ballots

good to hear it but I suppose that may of also had some effect on those riots yesterday. hoping they stuff the courts to hell and back again

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/KLoeffler/status/1347313878116478979?s=20
:sad:

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

lmfao

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Marzzle posted:

good to hear it but I suppose that may of also had some effect on those riots yesterday. hoping they stuff the courts to hell and back again
lol no you misunderstand: the democrats took control of the senate

they're going to keep the chamber warm for the GOP until republicans can form another majority

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Biden on the ballot: eke out a win with white suburbanites but lose minority support

Biden off the ballot: lose white suburbanites but blow out the opposition by turning out minorities

:thunk:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Alot of those white suburbanite Biden voters were loving assholes who voted R downticket, and probably voted R in the runoffs. What a dogshit coalition. It took some absolutely heroic organizing effort on the part of the activists managed to turn out minority voters to vote for Ossoff/Warnock.

The remaining questions are, what R portions were decreased by listening to idiots like Lin Wood telling them to boycott the runoff, what percentage of less-likely voters who turned out for Trump and the R downticket back in November stuck around in January, and what portion of those were minorities?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The main she regrets after losing is no longer having access to insider stock trading tips like what she did back in March before equity had a big crash.