Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Gonna Win
Perdue
Loeffler
Warnock
TRUMPF!
View Results

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

It's back

Georgia Run-Off

Ralph Warnock versus Congresscritter Kelly Loeffler

Preacher versus a woman worth 800MM dollars, 100MM she probably made since she was given the seat a couple of years ago.

quote:

Ms. Loeffler is the daughter of a wealthy farming family from central Illinois, who inherited large tracts of rich agricultural land when she was in her early 20s. Her husband, Jeffrey Sprecher, is the chairman of the New York Stock Exchange and her largest campaign donor.

otoh

quote:

After spending his adult life preaching about politics from the church pulpit, the Rev. Raphael Warnock, 51, has decided to enter the political arena in a more direct route. For more than 15 years, he has spoken from one of the world’s most famous pulpits, Ebenezer Baptist Church, once the home of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Republicans have tried to portray Mr. Warnock as a dangerous radical, though he says his role is one of a moral compass. He has said some of his sermons are designed to make people uncomfortable, urging Black churches to be more accepting of gay people and criticizing them for being “shamefully slow” to focus on gender inequality. In his book, he criticized white churches for being participants “in slavery, segregation and other manifestations of white supremacy.”

Warnock has been decidedly less cool as he's been trying to triangulate his way to a win. Let's see if it works (it won't work).

Sena-lol David Perdue v. Jon Ossoff

The most corrupt man in politics versus the Twee-est. Ossoff has been losing-off elections the past last cycles, and is primarily known for loving and caring and speaking for the most vulnerable data centers in society. Perdue is literally calling in a stock trade as we speak based off something he heard from the Capitol Rotunda.

quote:

David Perdue has made his international business experience the core of his political persona, presenting himself as a success story from rural Georgia who has navigated free markets across the globe while building his personal wealth.

And yet he has also embraced the populist, made-in-the-U.S.A., tariff-enacting approach of Mr. Trump. During his time as a top executive at companies that include Reebok, Sara Lee and Dollar General, Mr. Perdue was deeply involved in shifting manufacturing jobs to low-wage factories in China and other Asian countries.

quote:

At 33, Jon Ossoff has run the best-funded Senate campaign in history, raising more than $106 million in the final months of 2020 — almost $40 million more than his opponent.

Mr. Ossoff first appeared on the national political scene in 2017, when he ran for Congress in a special election — the first after Mr. Trump’s victory in 2016. That congressional race attracted attention, and money, from all over the country, though Mr. Ossoff lost in what became the most expensive House contest in history.

Yet after spending most of his career running a small documentary film company based in England from his home in Atlanta, Mr. Ossoff has little in the way of a record to run on, or against.

Post your thoughts, concerns, nighttime fears, and sexual awakenings regarding this race in this here thread.

Shageletic has issued a correction as of 15:22 on Jan 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
:thunk:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

And yes, Ossoff raising this much out of state money is a real bad sign.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
needle!

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Trump

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
My district, GA09 showed serious downturn in vote percentage vs the general. (Someone posted agraphic from NYT yesterday in Trump thread that I can't find so if you have it please cough it up) [very very chuddy area] This was also borne out with the lack of folks at my precint this morning.

I'm not holding my breath yet, Ossoff is succccc and Warnock did a serious face turn when they started running the Reverend Wright ads against him, but I guess we'll see! :shobon:

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Dems love to lose. Dont see that changing.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ODbyzGamkk

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the DSA is campaigning for Ossoff, who is famously opposed to medicare4all; their flagship issue. lmfao. braindead

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
my wife has been doing a ton of gotv work which means its going to be especially fun when both dems crash and burn spectacularly

more importantly

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

this really is like a reality tv show

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
:firstpost:

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I wonder if Steve Kornacki will be allowed to wear something other than khakis tonight?

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
weve tried run offs but have we tried run ONs?

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
Here's the AJC's liveblog: https://www.ajc.com/politics/election/georgia-runoff-election-polls-open-at-7-am/CMODR53UPBEVXM3KEQ4MOLEQ7E/?utm_source=hp

Jesus it must be nice to live in the midtown district and get to vote at Park Tavern lol

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

No matter what happens, the important thing is everybody had fun :)

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
It would be so nice to see Kelly Loeffler lose.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
Being on the ground, I think its going to be split. I'll take the contrarian opinion here--Ossoff will win, Warnock will lose.

Now, obviously Ossoff is a lovely candidate, and Warnock is an actually good one; however. The Reverend Wright ads have basically been running non stop for 9 months now. I think you'll get enough succ dems in the city to vote for Ossoff but can't stomach a black man/are ultimately racist/legitimately think the USA is an infallable god-state where he won't have enough to put him over in definitely Fulton, which is actually a really weird shape and goes really far up into the suburbs--all the way to Roswell lol. MAYBE even DeKalb which would be disastrous for him.

e:

Crunchy Black has issued a correction as of 16:36 on Jan 5, 2021

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

hot take: neither Dem will win and Trump will win both seats

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

hot take: Amy McGrath will lose both races

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

Bearjew posted:

hot take: neither Dem will win and Trump will win both seats
3 million write in votes for trump, the new senate majority leader, would be the best possible outcome for content

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

HAMAS HATE BOAT posted:

3 million write in votes for trump, the new senate majority leader, would be the best possible outcome for content

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

HAMAS HATE BOAT posted:

where does it say he can't hold both seats???

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Bearjew posted:

where does it say he can't hold both seats???

his rear end sure is wide enough

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
so,embody is gonna win

Hairy Marionette
Apr 22, 2005

I am not immune to propaganda
tttttteeeeeeerrrrrrrrruuuuuuummmmmpppp

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

so,embody is gonna win

whoever weins we all lose

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

dex_sda posted:

whoever weins we all lose

i am now pro joe

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
jon ossoff. i never believed consolidating datacenters was a joke. your weird af ads? its badass. big georgin black mamas please vote him in

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

Homeless Friend posted:

i am now pro joe

hes gonna cure cancer and send out 2 grand. loving epic

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the $2000 checks have been revised to AWS credits so that americans can move their disparate in-house servers to a consolidated location

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Homeless Friend posted:

i am now pro joe

"We're going to look at this very carefully on Day 1"

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I hope both the democrats win so we can see the party panic because they literally never thought this would happen and they have no idea what to do

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

I hope both the democrats win so we can see the party panic because they literally never thought this would happen and they have no idea what to do

they could still invoke the nuclear option where manchin switches parties

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

they could still invoke the nuclear option where manchin switches parties

Manchin would never do that. He'd be giving up all of his influence.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Another day another thread begging the demokkkrats for handouts on cspam, the leftist forum for leftism

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Homeless Friend posted:

i am now pro joe

the democrats are going to lose at least one but probably both of the GA runoff seats. We have 100% ironclad proof that this will happen because biden was saying recently that if they take the senate they'll have $2000 checks out immediately. He wouldn't say that if he didn't know beyond doubt that mitch would still be sen majority leader and would be able to help him out by stopping it. This way biden gets to pretend he wanted to help people while not having to.

and yes I literally believe this, biden saying that means beyond any doubt whatsoever that the dems have lost the GA runoff races. There is no possibility of them winning. It is over.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the georgia secretary of state he was eligible to vote in georgia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

empty whippet box posted:

the democrats are going to lose at least one but probably both of the GA runoff seats. We have 100% ironclad proof that this will happen because biden was saying recently that if they take the senate they'll have $2000 checks out immediately. He wouldn't say that if he didn't know beyond doubt that mitch would still be sen majority leader and would be able to help him out by stopping it. This way biden gets to pretend he wanted to help people while not having to.

and yes I literally believe this, biden saying that means beyond any doubt whatsoever that the dems have lost the GA runoff races. There is no possibility of them winning. It is over.
another, slightly more charitable, way to look at it is that their internal numbers look loving abysmal which is the only time you can even get democrats to pretend to give a poo poo about helping people or saying stuff like this

they wouldn't actually do anything either way, and it still means they think they're going to lose, so it's a distinction without a difference imo