Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Annath posted:

I got some random twitch drop bullshit and decided to check this out.

I didn't think to actually read up on the game (RIP), so I made a Corsair as a seasonal character. I assumed I could make a 2nd seasonal character because I had 2 little ticket dots.

Anyway I started playing Corsair, and thought "Hmmm, this is fast and agile, I should make a tanky character to complement it" (coming from WoW, land of infinite alts), only to discover I can't in fact make a Nova alt as a seasonal character.

Having gotten to like level 12 on the corsair, have I screwed myself over by not reading up on things? I stupidly claimed a bunch of stuff on the Corsair without considering what could be moved between characters, again coming from WoW and not having played much of these kinds of MMOs before I didn't really pay enough attention to things...

I dont' remember very well so this might be wrong but I think you can delete your seasonal character and after the 24 hour waiting period make a different one, but any seasonal rewards already claimed on the first character will not be available on the second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Ah, gotcha.

Some Googling leads me to believe that once I "graduate" a seasonal character I can make another one. So if I stick with it I'll graduate the Corsair then make a Nova.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I got this for like $3 once a few years ago only just now tried it out. It says you can make up to 4 seasonal characters?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

dialhforhero posted:

I got this for like $3 once a few years ago only just now tried it out. It says you can make up to 4 seasonal characters?

All I know is that when I click the "seasonal character" button, nothing happens, but when I click the "create character" button, the character creator opens.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
I go into the seasonal realm first, then click create seasonal.

You can join any realm even if you don’t have any characters made:

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

dialhforhero posted:

I go into the seasonal realm first, then click create seasonal.

You can join any realm even if you don’t have any characters made:

I have a seasonal character, I just seem to be unable to make another.

Looking into it however, it seems like you can make like 4 or whatever, but you have to "graduate" the first to make the next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Annath posted:

I have a seasonal character, I just seem to be unable to make another.

Looking into it however, it seems like you can make like 4 or whatever, but you have to "graduate" the first to make the next?

Ah, yeah I think that's it. It's weirdly phrased.