Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
elite spermjacker squad?? clearly mossad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
How close are you allowed as an American citizen to record near a nuclear facility? Like, pending on your set up, why haven't any of the NUFON people set up recording sites near the high traffic areas

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Houle posted:

How close are you allowed as an American citizen to record near a nuclear facility? Like, pending on your set up, why haven't any of the NUFON people set up recording sites near the high traffic areas

i could very easily be wrong, but there arent really any high traffic areas afaik, at least in terms of nuclear sites (if you meant the (possible) drone swarms skip this and apply the following but with the military instead of DoE:)

on top of that, in order to get usable imagery of anything besides point lights in the sky you'd probably have to have equipment more close to what the enthusiasts putting out 4k60 stabilized starship launches are using than an off the shelf webcam, and i am certain DoE types do not want you pointing the former anywhere near a reactor

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

or read the ancient texts that give them form or whatever it is

looks up anxiously from the midst of several enormous stacks of aged, teetering texts Sorry, I'm sorry, I'm trying to read it

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

Because the dot is round
It turns me on
Because the dot is round
Aah

Because the dot is blue
It makes me cry
Because the dot is blue

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Some pages back I offered to demo an astrology reading. I ended up going with The Demilich's birth chart, they provided via PM.

As I began to work with it, I saw stuff that I didn't feel super great delineating publicly, which happens, adults often have storied lives, and it's often indicated in the chart, some of it can be of a nature that's pretty personal.

They've given the okay to share it, but I largely haven't compiled it into something readable: Several PMs back and forth affirming stuff presents a challenge to convey coherently.

But I'm finally in a place where I feel like formatting what I've said to them and posting it, so expect that [hopefuly] by the end of the day.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Ah yup that's him!

Like the cia abducted him, gassed him, and had sex with him?

that sounds like something they would have done back then yeah

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I loving hate the internet, all I can find are youtube videos, podcasts and Wikipedia with a cursory search. But basically lsd or some kinda psychedelic research.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

quote block so quoting me doesn't take up a shitload of space

quote:

The “big three” are Capricorn rising, Gemini moon, Cancer sun.

The ascendant/rising point is this point on the horizon, on a clear country night you can watch the various zodiacal and parazodiacal constellations rise from this approximate point, and begin their journey across the sky every night.

This point, for the purposes of a nativity, is considered the entry point of the soul.

Here we find that we are at five degrees of Capricorn, in the first house. There are twelve houses, they are the signs themselves, but they are also their own object. As a real house sits on the land below it, the first house sits on capricorn in this instance. The first house inherits the entrypoint of the soul, and becomes representative of the mind and body.

For this reason, Capricorn will likely have a lot to say symbolically about these things, even in other contexts, for a capricorn rising native, planetary transits and events where capricorn is strongly represented will be experienced largely via the first house’s topics.

Capricorn is one of Saturn's signs. Saturn is one of the two "malefic" planets, alongside Mars. Its element is earth, which is often symbolically descriptive of the character of strongly Capricorn things.

Where Mars might represent the concept of war itself, and severance, and acute violence, Saturn represents bondage. Chains. Restriction. Denial. Capricorn is a dark sign. Indicative of a kind of grim pragmatism. Saturn was a god of farmers, and this face of his nature is very readily embodied in Capricorn - the archetype of the stern, paternalistic farmer is compelling, however Capricorn is a feminine sign, so these rougher edges are softened by a feminine sensibility.

The masculine/feminine distinction is not strictly something I would relate to their respective meanings in human dynamics. In this context, it’s a binary distinction that suggests a sort of active/passive dynamic, or a projective/receptive one.

When the sun enters Capricorn, we are in winter in the northern hemisphere, but the same earth that is fallow in winter is soon fecund in spring. The grim nature of Capricorn serves a purpose - preservation of things through times of want, to the promise of spring. So, an overly bleak understanding of this place is somewhat incomplete.

Right on top of the ascendant, the "soul" entrypoint, is an interesting partner in Neptune. Neptune is an outer planet, and usually represents a generational influence for most people.

Neptune, when well behaved and dignified, can promote a strong spiritual (or philosophical) tendency. A well behaved neptune might indicate some adeptness for spiritual matters, and may make you rather adept at illusions relating to your body and self. Maladaptive, Neptune can cause one to project, to sort of see whatever one desires in other people, in a way that isn't anchored to any kind of truth. Neptune evades clarity, and can reflect places where we struggle with illusion, deception, and confusion. The ascendant is a very, very sensitive point in a natal chart, representing the essence of where our soul and intellect resides. When planets and significant points conjunct, we combine their significations and meanings. For neptune to be conjunct the ascendant, would usually indicate to me that the neptunian archetype is a central element of who you are. This nativity, in a few words, is elementally neptunian. Because of this, Neptune’s influence will me more personal than it typically would be, for most folks.

Mars is also co-present in capricorn. Mars exalts in capricorn, which is to say Mars has the resources it needs to do Martian things when it is present here. To use the house metaphor hinted at earlier, Mars is a favored guest. The house ruler, Saturn, in a sense, rolls out the carpet, gives Mars fridge access, maybe even keys to the safe.

This might have been a better situation for this nativity, had they been born a bit later in the day, but because this is technically a day birth, this placement might be a bit out of whack. Well placed, Mars in the first house in a night birth, would indicate a martial fitness tendency - Capricorn especially would indicate a martial discipline - the stuff good soldiers are made of, I suppose.

More likely, because this is a day birth, are negative significations. Mars is likely to be misbehaving in this context; which could indicate pretty severe health issues or injuries, or like long running problems with physical health, incidences of violence against your person, etc.

Moving over a couple signs, we have Jupiter in Pisces, in the third house. Pisces represents, spiritually, a feminine divine principle, and strong pisces placements can indicate a mystic tendency (ya girl riot bimbo is pisces rising), but more relevant to this nativity, is that it's the place of communication.

Pisces is a Jupiter ruled sign, so Jupiter is in his own sign, so he is essentially reigning from his own territory. He is the sect benefic, which is jargon that elevates him to the most positive influence in the chart. Given this circumstance, Jupiter is likely key to the more subjectively positive experiences in the native’s life.

Pisces is represented by two fish conjoined by a line or anchor, and represent opposing forces that are bound. Pisces is kind of regarded as the chaotic primordial water, a highly energetic, emotional place. With Jupiter here, I would say the native probably excels in communication. A strong Pisces tends to strengthen empathy and the use thereof, in this case the native can probably key in on people emotionally, and tailor what they say to them with pretty effective, even manipulative precision. Such is the power of Pisces with Jupiter present.

Moving to Aries, I note the north lunar node is here, and the south node therefore in Libra. The Nodes are sensitive points on a natal chart, but astronomically, if the sun and moon are on top of one of those points, an eclipse happens, so these nodes are in the same signs as the recent lunar/solar eclipse everyone was posting about - For this nativity, this was in your 4th house (family) and 10th house (careers and how people see you). This would make the recent eclipses more personally significant than it might be for the average person.

In vedic astrology, the north node is called Rahu, the head of the dragon, and represents a kind of hunger- a drive for increase, a sort of magnifying point. What that means here is hard to say without input from the native, so I will now move on.

Next, I note the moon and Chiron in Gemini, in the sixth house. Gemini is the airy sign of Mercury, and has intellectual as well as social connotations, it has qualities that indicate a high degree of changeability as well.

The moon can often represent the mother, Chrion tends to represent slow healing wounds. The sixth house can represent bodily health issues and stuff, as well as matters of employment. I wondered if the health of the native, or the mother's health was formative, maybe even traumatic. The symbols suggest that, and The Demilich has seemingly affirmed this privately, or at least affirmed I was in the ballpark. They may elaborate or not at their leisure, it isn’t for me to share that stuff in specificity.

Next is the sun in Cancer, in the seventh house. Cancer is ruled by the moon, and can represent an area in which we deal with strong emotions. For the native, it's a house of relationships and other close bonds. Astrologers tend to shorthand it as an area that indicates spousal relationships (whereas the fifth house or the 11th might indicate hookups or more casual social relationships).

The sun tends to represent our ego, that part of our mind that is a reflection of our own self understanding. For the sun to be here would suggest that, for better or worse, you tend to exist for your better half, if you have one. If you are single, this might indicate a place where you've struggled in relationships, but it indicates a healthy relationship is one you can really truly invest yourself in in a healthy manner. Symbolically this would indicate that one readily relates to the self by way of partners and other close relationships.

The 8th house is Leo, with Mercury and Venus present. The 8th house isn't a super fun place, as its topics are death, inheritance, and our relationship to other people's money. "Other people" are typically things like family, friends, and that sort of thing.

The 8th house is considered an inactive place, and it's one of a few spots that are considered in "aversion" to the ascendant, which is to say, there is no direct way for planets or transits through this sign to communicate with the ascendant - and what it represents - these matters express themselves largely via points that do have an aspect to this place, if at all. Places like these may be weakened, or their function is not something that relates directly to you per se, except through elements that do form aspect, as mentioned.

Explaining Leo itself; Leo is the sun's sign. The daytime to Cancer's night time. Leo is a place where we invest our egoes, where we want to be seen, or is just a place our conscious self may wander to often.

With Mercury here, I would say that the native probably has some kind of intellectual investment in these 8th house matters. The mercury placement is probably what draws you to the doomer threads and other matters, but on a deeper level it may be representative of the trauma borne of health health issues, interactions and dealings with death, etc.

Venus is here as well, however. Venus in Leo is a very stereotypical symbol. The barbie movie came out during a venus retrograde cycle through leo, and the barbie movie is archetypally on point here: this is the main character Barbie openly contemplating death lol.

Venus tends to represent where we find beauty, where we find our sense of aesthetics, as well as more stereotypical things, feminine concerns, our attraction to women, etc.; briefly, this can represent your relationship to the feminine in certain senses, but i wouldn't be so brave as to tease that out: The native would have to elaborate on how they relate to venus symbolically.

Moving to Libra, the 10th house, it holds the MC, the "midheaven" - the highest point of the sky at the moment of your birth, and the south node. The south node tends to suppress and cause decrease, in vedic astrology it is called Ketu, the tail of the dragon, and this lore is symbolically apt for those motivated to research it.

The midheaven tends to represent how people see us, and the 10th house itself is a house of career aspirations, or career itself, depending.

Libra is Venus' sign. When people see the native, their default lens is likely to be here. Which can be a sense of stereotypical justice or social indecision. Libra is actually more abstract than this, though: libra is about harmonies and the establishment thereof. I am a libra sun, i know this vibe well. For people to see you in this way is to me to indicate you embody the peacemaker in some sense in your life, or you aspire to it. Reconciliation, harmony (in a social as well as aesthetic sense), are dominant Libra themes, but so are some more obscure mercantile considerations. The scales of libra are the scales of commerce, as well as the claws of Scorpio (they used to be reckoned as one constellation), so the range of what Libra can be and mean is rather varied.

Scorpio is the 11th house, ruled by mars in traditional rulership, ruled by pluto in modern rulership. It is somewhat known as a place where people are secretive, or guarded. I have a similar scorpio, with a 14 degree pluto there, but in the 9th house, of travel, education, and religious matters, and there are indeed things i keep close to my chest, as open as I am about some things, there's much I do not share, and this is the nature of this place.

Pluto is present and in a retrograde cycle here.

The 11th house has two names, "of friends" and "the good daimon". It relates to the two, albeit similar, functions. The 11th house represents our friends and social groups. whereas the 7th house might be spouses and other people for whom you are extremely close, the 11th house is a much wider net, socially. As it relates to "the good daimon" - you might translate daimon as spirit or demon uncharitably (might be more relevant for the 12th house as you'll see), is part of its secondary spiritual function. To have planets here is to indicate that they are the source of spiritual assistance and strength.

A direct read of what pluto might be doing here isn't easy, but i'll try.

Pluto has direct significations, like death, rebirth, obsession, the underworld (in a mobster sense as well as a spiritual sense), and the darkness within us, but it often functions as a magnifier. A byline I have been taught by several astrologers I respect is that "pluto makes big things incredibly 'small', and small things incredibly 'big'.

Pluto represents the element of disease that is a microscopic thing, completely invisible to the human eye, that is capable of felling things as large as a human. This is illustrative of what pluto does in a sense.

Pluto has one of the longest cycles astrologers track. He is considered a generational influence more than a personal one, but when he falls in the 11th house, he meets a pre-condition for becoming something more personal, as with Neptune, pluto likely plays a guiding role in the life of the native.

Pluto is retrograde in your chart, which isn't strictly a debility, but it does change how he would be interacting with you, and i can't say much beyond that, i am still learning and Pluto is specifically difficult to tease out in charts of individuals in my experience.

The 12th house is sagittarius, and has Saturn and Uranus, both retrograde.

The 12th house is the house of the bad daimon "the bad spirit" or "the bad demon", and of “hidden enemies” - this is a place in the chart that is universally difficult. If you have the sun or moon here, it can be indicative of mental illness, trauma, challenges, life threatening events, etc.

It also has mystic and occult significations. It’s maybe the one interesting silver lining of this place, if you can successfully integrate it, that it is potentially a source of inner power. This just simply won’t be true for most people, however.

When Saturn is found in the 12th, he meets his condition for a dignity called “rejoicing”. Rejoicing is usually a mitigating factor, but for Saturn it’s more accurate to call it an amplifier. While sagittarius isn't strictly enemy territory, it isn't friendly, and because of his retrograde status, and the fact the rising sign is *his* sign, this is a position from which saturn has probably restricted and acted upon much about the life of the native, for good and ill.

Sagittarius is a place where we dream big, it's Jupiter's second sign, it represents a fiery, creative impulse. I feel like a comic book is a fundamentally Sagittarian piece of art, though I’d struggle to explain that further, the big dreams, flashy art, punchy dialogue are all indicative of what Sagittarius is about.

Uranus is here. Uranus is a lot of things, but uranus can represent the flash of genius inspiration, the deep intellect. If mercury represents learning and the acquisition of knowledge, Uranus represents the innate genius.

For uranus to be here, even retrograde, means you probably get flashes of deep insight into 12h matters, which alongside the native’s background in philosophy and interest in religious matters, probably means you're prone to deeper insights now and then. Stuff that would evade normal interrogation.

The bad daimon can represent hidden enemies though, and in this way saturn and uranus will often be representative of those who get close to, and harm you.

RB lore aside: When saturn went through aquarius a couple of years ago, they transited my 12th house. An abusive ex showed up in my life right as he entered, and my partner and i kicked her out right as Saturn left. A very literal manifestation of its worse significations.

This is the end of our journey around the wheel. I will rely on The Demilich to correct and affirm the different parts of what I’ve shared. They already have partially, privately, but I do not wish to share their lives beyond what I’ve deemed necessary, preferring instead to let them choose what to share.

This stuff takes a lot of time to do, I can’t really offer any more freebies, but if going through this process sounds fun to y’all, I am willing to offer my paid services via PM.

I just need y’all to understand that I can’t offer any guarantee on speculative matters, and if you’re gonna do this, please don’t engage me if you’re financially strained, and please don’t expect anything more than a bit of entertainment. When I do these readings, I usually bill for a 90 minute session, though I can do shorter ones, this full run around the zodiac takes at least that long (i only went over the planets and signs in isolation, omitting most of an entire layer of delineation - the aspects - the lines that are drawn on the interior of the chart, have different qualities and layer on further information and nuance to everything i've said), and it takes even longer to prepare.

Hoping I don’t regret sharing this stuff lol.

Riot Bimbo has issued a correction as of 00:34 on Apr 27, 2024

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Riot Bimbo posted:

quote block so quoting me doesn't take up a shitload of space

This is the end of our journey around the wheel. I will rely on The Demilich to correct and affirm the different parts of what I’ve shared. They already have partially, privately, but I do not wish to share their lives beyond what I’ve deemed necessary, preferring instead to let them choose what to share.

This stuff takes a lot of time to do, I can’t really offer any more freebies, but if going through this process sounds fun to y’all, I am willing to offer my paid services via PM.

I just need y’all to understand that I can’t offer any guarantee on speculative matters, and if you’re gonna do this, please don’t engage me if you’re financially strained, and please don’t expect anything more than a bit of entertainment. When I do these readings, I usually bill for a 90 minute session, though I can do shorter ones, this full run around the zodiac takes at least that long (i only went over the planets and signs in isolation, omitting most of an entire layer of delineation - the aspects - the lines that are drawn on the interior of the chart, have different qualities and layer on further information and nuance to everything i've said), and it takes even longer to prepare.

Hoping I don’t regret sharing this stuff lol.
Thank you very much (you and demilich) for sharing this! I am making note of all of this because I am even more interested in astrology now. My best friend got a birth chart read for me a few months ago, but we never got the chance to go over the details of it before life got too busy for us to see each other. We should have time again this summer. I'm looking forward to learning more about mine from her and others then, especially regarding Scorpio, Pluto, and Sagittarius.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I just feel like i've been dealing with images of sun sign newspaper columns when i mention astrology here and other places, and i wanted to show it's just... way deeper than that lol

you can still think it's baloney, i'm not interested in convincing skeptics, but like this is a systematic process of divination that uses symbols, geometry, and time itself to reveal things about us as people. It's just not what the lay person tends to think it is, and i wanted to convey at least some of that.

In case a better astrologer comes along and wants to get mad at me - go ahead and flex. i consider myself a student still, and i'm not interested in dying on any hills w/r/t interpretive principles

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

imagining the cia intern tasked to select a name for the project where they try to experimentally ascertain the potential intelligence applications of psychedelic erection gas

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Squizzle posted:

imagining the cia intern tasked to select a name for the project where they try to experimentally ascertain the potential intelligence applications of psychedelic erection gas

erection.. rod

psychic rod

dowsing rod

*thinking harder than i ever have*

Project Rowsdower :smug:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

Delta-Wye posted:

elite spermjacker squad?? clearly mossad

they talk a big game but it turns out they're not very good at it when the heat is turned up

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Riot Bimbo posted:

I just feel like i've been dealing with images of sun sign newspaper columns when i mention astrology here and other places, and i wanted to show it's just... way deeper than that lol

you can still think it's baloney, i'm not interested in convincing skeptics, but like this is a systematic process of divination that uses symbols, geometry, and time itself to reveal things about us as people. It's just not what the lay person tends to think it is, and i wanted to convey at least some of that.

In case a better astrologer comes along and wants to get mad at me - go ahead and flex. i consider myself a student still, and i'm not interested in dying on any hills w/r/t interpretive principles

What I know is that yeah it's insanely arcane and requires difficult computation and analysis, not a 1 sentence blurb. I actually did one years ago for a gift and it was a huge difficult thing that took what seemed like literal weeks.

Then I decided "you know what this is dumb" & arbitrarily destroyed all that work except this huge dumb scroll. Finally I ended up getting into an unrelated argument and grabbed it and burned it out of sheer spite without ever giving it to the person it was supposed to be for or telling them about it

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

lol the originap dot is broken and the newer one is freaking out too

https://gcp2.net/rng-network/data

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

why publish the dot if not to at least somewhat interpret

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

"theres a genocide happening and its not stopping" is my interpretation. the whole world wanting and needing one thing to be stopped and its not stopping

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

SniperWoreConverse posted:

What I know is that yeah it's insanely arcane and requires difficult computation and analysis, not a 1 sentence blurb. I actually did one years ago for a gift and it was a huge difficult thing that took what seemed like literal weeks.

Then I decided "you know what this is dumb" & arbitrarily destroyed all that work except this huge dumb scroll. Finally I ended up getting into an unrelated argument and grabbed it and burned it out of sheer spite without ever giving it to the person it was supposed to be for or telling them about it

That's unfortunate. I actually understand the impulse though. Honestly, 2021 and 2022 were years of pretty massive humbling. I had powerful hostility to this stuff, and more than one person and event tried to pull me in before, but i suddenly found myself invested in this stuff. I had to swallow decades of derision and hostility. Not really easy stuff to overcome internally. I feel as though that journey has been rewarding though.

It's not gonna be for everyone, and its nature means it cannot ever be more than a joke to certain kinds of people, but I think it's worth the study and time investment i've put in, personally. It has been rewarding, and fostered connections to beautiful people that I'd have never made otherwise.

At its most mundane, the process lets people reflect and tease out what they're about. In the readings i've given, it always warms me up when people brighten up and start to share their lives with me, as they work through the things the symbols reflect. That I am on a personal level a believer almost doesn't matter, the process of working through a nativity with someone is a joy for me.

An aside: Tarot often has corresponding astrological information, and while the two practices are fundamentally different, it feels like they go hand in hand in lots of ways. That you can look up an arcana on a page like Labrynthos and get tarot information alongside astrological information isn't something forced and unnatural- the language underneath is largely the same imo

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

m'orbs, check em out

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
It wasn't even an argument about astrology, totally unrelated

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Google Butt posted:

Jinx

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
The orb centric lifestyle

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

SniperWoreConverse posted:

It wasn't even an argument about astrology, totally unrelated

do you have aries in your big three? lol

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Google Butt posted:

That's my secret Google Butt, I'm always interpreting the dot.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

helta posted:

m'orbs, check em out

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Are we getting loving aliens or not, at this point I'll be completely happy with the declassification of some clear photos

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Inspector Hound posted:

Are we getting loving aliens or not, at this point I'll be completely happy with the declassification of some clear photos

I'm slowly letting them out of my basement, please bear with me

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
*tips UFO-shaped hat* "m'orbs"

Inspector Hound posted:

The pics are too horny for mortal minds.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
The Herzog movie about volcanos is cool and features a lot of rituals people are performing to appease the volcanos. Like building a church shaped like a dove facing the volcano https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gereja_Ayam

big thank you to all the ritualists itt for appeasing the volcano spirits :thumbsup:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

This isn't directed at orbs but his post made me remember I wanted to mention it but please don't be horny in the bird thread unless you maintain plausible deniability that it's ironic :) .

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp
My uncle across the country is in the hospital with a severe acute infection, and I don't know what to do right now, so I made this. https://soundcloud.com/the_door_is_scary/04-26-2024a

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

round

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

sharknado slashfic posted:

This isn't directed at orbs but his post made me remember I wanted to mention it but please don't be horny in the bird thread unless you maintain plausible deniability that it's ironic :) .

???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

witness takes a walk with a gray through woods; missing time

NUFORC posted:

I was born in April of 1968 and I think I was about 4-5 upon this happening. I lived in Oxford, Michigan and for an unknown reason I woke in the middle of the night, I do not know the time, however I was drawn to the window. I looked out the window and saw a very bright light land in the gravel pit behind my house. I figure it was about a mile out… Once the bright light landed it did illuminate enough to see a glow in the woods. (Just beyond the dig section of the pit). I honestly cannot remember how I was drawn, but I was drawn outside. If I had to guess, I would say it was a "sound" or frequency that drew me outdoors. I remember knowing I was not supposed to be out of bed let alone outside, but was heavily drawn.

Upon entering the backyard, I was greeted by a Being. It was slightly taller than me with a long neck, oversized head and large oval shaped eyes, long fingers and toes. The feet were bear, but honestly do not recall clothing. The overall color of the skin was grey/green. When I came upon it, it took my hand and we proceeded across the yard to the back fence. Once I passed the fence into the woods heading out.. I do not recall a thing. But what I do remember is a feeling of warmth, friendliness and curiosity on both our parts. I felt no fear and felt hugely curious. I remember that my feet felt cool and damp and I remember very clearly the sounds of the night, and the feel of the warm yet slightly cool damp air. There was very little breeze. It must have been mid to late summer.

I had not thought of that night until I was around 15 or 16 years old when my mother and I went into a book store and I saw the book Communion for the first time. I started hyperventilating and feeling dizzy and week in the knees as the memory flooded back. The major difference in looks is that the "grey" on the cover of Communion is a sinister looking being, when my experience was much different.

I petty much put the whole thing out of my head and avoided anything regarding Alien abductions, whether it was books or movies for years. I now feel so far removed from the experience that I am comfortable relating it. I don’t know what it means or if anything happened or even if it really happened. Was it possible it was a dream? I did once talk to a hypnotist when I was in my early 20’s and described my memory to her. She was a Stop Smoking therapist and did Abduction Hypnotherapy also. She indicated that based on her experience, my details were too heavy and too much physical memory for it to be just a dream. She wanted very much for me to follow up with her, but I never did.

I have done very little research, as I was checking out sites on the web I came across you site and decided to throw the information out there and see what came back. Perhaps this is the time for me to do further investigation on this and determine if it were real or not. I see that in 1966 there were a number of sightings in Michigan. However that was years before my time.

So here is your information. Do with it what you will. If it ties into other types of reports, perhaps this will be of benefit. If not, I know that nothing will come from this report.

two objects shine lights at each other during rendezvous; kinda confusing account

NUFORC posted:

While fishing late one night under the milky way, I was looking at the stars. I have always looked at the colors.. dead, white, blue white and sparkly. One of the stars appeared to be slowly moving and we verified this .. It was moving across the milky way, we figured from NW to SE... based on where we were facing. After awhile it slowed and stopped.. made a right turn and moved in that direction for a short while, then moved back to the track, continuing on till it reached straight up and then it stopped ,,waited and then a very long beam of light shone.. Then it slowly moved some more ,stopping occasionally and then another 'star' on the same path started moving toward the first one and it too had a light. The stars moved towards each other and then both turned on their lights, which touched, then they moved together where they did not move again for an hour . We stopped watching. I had the strange feeling I had been told the display was for me because I had always believed. Some years later I awoke, wide awake to see a 'star' moving in the leafless branches of a tree in the same manner of the one in Mississippi. I again felt communicated with. It again was a star, this time over Norfolk Virginia ..

australian report; all i could think of while reading this was the vid w/ the jet and saucer passing each other

NUFORC posted:

I was on my way to Collage with my mother and 2 of her friends she was taking to work as she was as well in Orange,(central west of new south wales, Australia)we lived in a small town called Cumnock and had to past through Molong on the way to Orange(nth west of Orange)i was 13-14 at the time, i am not sure if it was 1971 or '72, i am not sure of the month. I was sitting in the back set of the car heading towards Orange, about one third of the way past Molong towards Orange when, while looking out the window to my right(towards the oposite side of the road here) i noticed a bright shiny onject, very large, if you wherent looking you would not notice them, it was saucer shaped with a dome on top, along side of it on the left was a very tall 'person' dressed in an outfit which glowed the same as the ship, about the centre of the craft and walking towards the road(the ship was about 20-30mtrs away from fence line which was about 5mtrs from the road) till he was about half way between the fence and the craft and another one was standing on the right of the ship near a dead tree, all had the same 'cloths'on if you could call it that, with like black visors for their eyes to look through, it was like absorbing the sun light but didnt reflect it, the closest i can describe it is like haveing a fluro light on outside in sunlight but brighter looking. they where very tall, it is i would say at a guess about 8ft. tall, mind you i was only young at the time but i see it now as if it was only yesturday and in slow motion, it may have only taken 10secs from the time i saw them to the time we drove past, maybe less. it looked like they where collecting things and looing at the cars going past, i am sure the one walking down to the road saw me as he turned his helmet and followed our car with his black looking visor. I never said a thing to anyone becuase by the time they looked around we would have past them and i would have been told not to tie. I know what i saw and to this day can show exactly wher! e they where although the road has been changed i am sure last time i was past their the road had not been widened on that side of the road.

I have always believed in UFO's since i saw this even though some people i have told never believed me, i only say this now becuase i want someone to tell who will believe me and get it off my mind at last. I am sure if the area was tested even after all this time it would show signs of something being their. the craft looked like it would have been twice as high as the 'men' and about 6times the wide/length. and parked between two dead trees, i remember the detail so much becuase i had stared at it from the second i saw it just before we got to the corner until we drove around the corner so it may have been more than 10sec's. i made sure i got as much deatil as possible. I did have a plastic camera in the car but it was no good.

I dont know if anyone else saw it as i never asked, someone else driving past would have seen it if they looked in that direction.

huge saucer over building in puerto rico

NUFORC posted:

It was when I was 6 years old and I remember like it was yesterday. I was at home with my mother and my 5 yo brother. I know I was 6 y.o. because my mother told me that she was not pregnant yet with my sister, who is seven years younger than me. It was daylight and we were in the back of the two story house in Santa Rita, Rio Piedras, Pelegrina 997 ST. We were looking out the window and me and my mother still recall the whole incident.

I saw a huge flying saucer behind the building named El Darlington. This building is about 20 stories high and more about 250- 300 feet long. We could see the sides of the flying saucer on each side of the building and the top. The saucer was gray in color and it had lights of many colors moving in circular motion at the lower edge of the saucer. Then, it suddenly flew up and disappeared very fast. There were no sounds and it was just staying there without moving when we first saw it. After the event, I was in shock and I could not believe it, so I asked my mother to go to another room in the house to individually draw what we have seen. I was shock again when we compared both drawings as they were exactly the same! My mother is still alive and still lives in PR. This is the first time I say something in public about it and I will love for someone to investigate further. Thank you.

reports like this show up every now and again and i really hope they are the hoaxes lol

NUFORC posted:

Myself and two other children ages four where driven by one female to a nearby place taken inside a house where aliens implanted a device in my hand. I do not know if the other kids were implanted or not. We were taken back to the LBJ&C school after the procedure. I still have the implant in my hand . I am 52. I still remember the event except for the time they put me to sleep. I remember being told we were going to the dentist. Later I asked if the center ever took kids to the dentist and they said no.