Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

"Art ye gay" screamed Montaran, "Ye spoke at me? GAYLY?" Jesus pulled out a Longbow +3, the most overpowered weapon in all of the Sword Coast, and smote down Montaran, who had approximately 9 hit points and wert instantly killed. Xan screamed in fear and confusion, for he was insane, and the bears were called down upon him as Noober screamed for he knew not what cruelty had occurred before him and it shattered he mind. Jesus looked up and said "Twenty five or six to four."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Blurred posted:

Jesus was a badass you goddamn nerds

Digging into the Infancy gospels and other apocrypha is kind of cheating.

Anyway, Hail Satan.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Blurred posted:

Pffft that 'Gospel' (the Infancy Gospel of Thomas) was claimed to be bullshit as early as the 2nd century and downright 'heretical' by christians by the late 4th. It's considered fictitious by every branch of Christianity (well I'd wager there's some weird set of eastern gnostics or some evangelicals that are like 'Hell YEA baby jesus!" but whatever).

Testing the good people of GBS with your fake tales. Tsk Tsk.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm reading the book of Enoch, did you know he wore blue jeans?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

Pffft that 'Gospel' (the Infancy Gospel of Thomas) was claimed to be bullshit as early as the 2nd century and downright 'heretical' by christians by the late 4th. It's considered fictitious by every branch of Christianity (well I'd wager there's some weird set of eastern gnostics or some evangelicals that are like 'Hell YEA baby jesus!" but whatever).

Testing the good people of GBS with your fake tales. Tsk Tsk.

Me, a second century marketing director: "Oh, this is beautiful. This is hot. Scorching! The merchandise is just flying off the shelves. The people want more. Can we give them more?"
"Well, we did end on a sequel hook. Maybe..."
"Gonna stop you there. All that Revelation and Second Coming business? I've read your pitch. Very cool. Visionary. Problem is, we don't have the budget. I'm not thinking sequel, baby. I'm thinking prequel!"
"What, like a new Old Testament?"
"Not that far back. Let me show you the merchandise numbers. Now, people love the cross. It's iconic, it pops, it's now, it's wow. People love the Twelve Apostles. Collect the whole set. Been thinking of expanding that line. We'll call the new guys 'Saints', we'll repaint some old pagan lines we've got, it'll be great. But can you see what's the next biggest seller?"
"... Baby Jesus?"
"Baby Jesus."

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
The Jesus from The Last Temptation of Christs is my favorite. Too bad Christians ruin it for me like that one Ghandi quote.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Yvershek posted:

The Jesus from The Last Temptation of Christs is my favorite. Too bad Christians ruin it for me like that one Ghandi quote.

Gandhi.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Phone posting. :doh:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Yvershek posted:

Phone posting. :doh:

FWIW, it's an incredibly common mistake.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
idgi, this jesus dude makes a whole big deal about dying for your sins, but then like a few days later he’s no longer dead, he’s like super powers zombie jesus. Anyway, doesn’t seem like much of a sacrifice. Dying for your sins would be impressive if he stayed dead, not if he went back to live with his dad and have eternal life.

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew

Blurred posted:

This was an episode of the Twilight Zone

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The Management posted:

idgi, this jesus dude makes a whole big deal about dying for your sins, but then like a few days later he’s no longer dead, he’s like super powers zombie jesus. Anyway, doesn’t seem like much of a sacrifice. Dying for your sins would be impressive if he stayed dead, not if he went back to live with his dad and have eternal life.

I mean, it did add some panache to the whole thing that he actually came back from the dead to make sure that a couple of people for sure saw him (but not TOO many) before he was like "Ok cool, I gotta jet, alright?"
Like ANYBODY can die, die.
This dude didn't even STAY dead. He died and THEN said "This party sucks I'm leaving." And then DID.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The Management posted:

Yet another example of ol’ Walks-on-Water being a real fuckin DWEEB!

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

nobody talks about how the 3 day old risen corpse man was unrecognizably bloated & oozing maggots from all his open wounds but it's pretty metal imo

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jesus was lame. one time he was like "if someone hits you on the face, let them hit the other side of your face"

It's such a popular religion because it's how the powerful want you to deal with your lot in life. be poor, put up with bullshit, eat poo poo. it's holy. Jesus suffered, you get to suffer too, just like Jesus, how awesome is that

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

Dolphin posted:

Jesus was lame. one time he was like "if someone hits you on the face, let them hit the other side of your face"

It's such a popular religion because it's how the powerful want you to deal with your lot in life. be poor, put up with bullshit, eat poo poo. it's holy. Jesus suffered, you get to suffer too, just like Jesus, how awesome is that

IT STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm reading the Gospel according to John, and apparently Joseph of Arimathea walked up to Jesus on the cross and sucked his cock? Why don't they talk about that in Sunday school. Seems important

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

This is bi erasure.

Jesus was bi and had a weird 'mommy' fetish. A guy doesn't end up hanging out with a prostitute with his mom's name by accident.

Don't kink shame

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Jesus once sucked me off for bus fare to Albany

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dk2m
May 6, 2009

Dolphin posted:

the early Germanic and Scandinavian versions of jesus is pretty metal though. Jesus was thought to be a chieftain and was chill with massacring your enemies because how else are you gonna convince a bunch of warlords that there’s glory in battle with a weak rear end pansy jesus