Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

*drawing blood from my palms with my fingernails under the desk* haha. glad i'm at the point where i can laugh about it now. serenity now. serenity now. sure he's a busy man and everything. SERENITY NOW.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

The Kins posted:

sega neptune, a genesis with a built in 32x. cancelled in part because the saturn was already out and because the 32x was about as popular as speed 2.

sega pluto, a cheaper saturn with a built-in modem. the modem used in the us, specifically, so i assume it was cancelled because the saturn was a dead console walking outside of japan by this point

I don’t know how far along it got but there was also a Sega Jupiter, which would’ve had similar hardware to the Saturn except it would’ve used cartridges instead of discs.

Sega’s codenames accounted for most of the solar system:

Mercury: Game Gear
Venus: Nomad
Earth: CD
Mars: 32X
Jupiter: Unreleased
Saturn: Saturn
Uranus: Unused?
Neptune: Unreleased
Pluto: Unreleased

[Insert Uranus joke here]

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
mid-90s sega was straight up retarded lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

mycophobia posted:

mid-90s sega was straight up retarded lol

In a good way lol

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

CyberPingu posted:

Yeah trying to play Gameboy games outside in sunshine was almost impossible.

i bought it after christmas. in ohio.

i did not play much boktai

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Boktai ruled. I should replay this summer

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The legend.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
apparently "earth" wasn't actually used by anything, but sega decided to reference an old rumor that "earth" was the genesis and codenamed that mini-genesis they did a couple of years ago "moon"

"uranus" was unused not for the obvious reasons, but apparently because it sounds a bit like the japanese for "won't sell", which seemed a bit ominous

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

here's my exciting jason alexander story: i sent him a lot of emails for work-related reasons for awhile and when we finally met in person, after my boss introduced me, i said "it's good to meet in person, we've been emailing so much," and while he shook my hand, he said "i'm sure we have, i'm sure we have. excuse me," and then went into my boss's office and never spoke to me again.

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Rob Zombie seen testing his Dragula prototype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insane anime