Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forneus Rex
Jun 9, 2021

Nothing nice.
Those rhyming whole sentence cheats in Banjo-Kazooie.

AGOLDENGLOWTOPROTECTBANJO
BANJOBEGSFORPLENTYOFEGGS
LOTSOFGOESWITHMANYBANJOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

God those took forever to put in

Forneus Rex
Jun 9, 2021

Nothing nice.
The hidden egg codes were worse.

DONTYOUGOANDTELLHERABOUTTHESECRETINHERCELLAR
OUTOFTHESEAITRISESTOREVEALMORESECRETPRIZES

Why do i remember all of these?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Hizke posted:

Lara Croft nude code. Yeah, it's real and maybe I'll let you know it one day haha.

The arcade version of Gauntlet Legends actually had a nude code for the Valkyrie.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bullshit Randolph.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I actually watched a video recently where someone tracked down a copy of the gauntlet arcade to prove it worked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD7BiZgiam4&t=375s

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
gauntlet legends didnt run that slow in the arcade did it?

do i really remember it that wrong

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
oh the part i saw was slowed down.

that makes sense.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Forneus Rex posted:

Those rhyming whole sentence cheats in Banjo-Kazooie.

AGOLDENGLOWTOPROTECTBANJO
BANJOBEGSFORPLENTYOFEGGS
LOTSOFGOESWITHMANYBANJOS
Fun trivia: these are all quotes of things Rare employees were arrested for saying to children visiting the office

Forneus Rex
Jun 9, 2021

Nothing nice.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Fun trivia: these are all quotes of things Rare employees were arrested for saying to children visiting the office

That would explain the Tiny Characters code in Diddy Kong Racing.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

No evidence.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

And that's why he's the best.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
the entirety of the Doom FAQ version 6.66

Forneus Rex
Jun 9, 2021

Nothing nice.
Disco mode in Turok

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

going to the right and up the stairs.

Dr Hot Wheels
Jun 11, 2021

American McGee's Crazy Door
In Spider-Man for the PS2/GBC/X-Box game you can input the cheat HEADEXPLODY and play a weird bowling mini-game, complete with a roamable bowling alley with portraits of the developers and some kind of disgusting and horrible alien. This game sucks eggs but I like hiding mini-games behind cheat codes.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

that was a good game, op

Dr Hot Wheels
Jun 11, 2021

It's really ambitious for a movie game. Around the extended Vulture boss fight sequence replaying it felt like peeking in through a keyhole watching myself get molested

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

:dogwhistle:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Games Only Molested Kids Played

Dr Hot Wheels
Jun 11, 2021

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Games Only Molested Kids Played

My all-time favorite cheat is when my uncle helped me unlock all the cars in Groove Rider: Slot Car Racing for all those insane sexual favours

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

shut da gently caress up

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Does stealing stuff in Link's Awakening and getting your save file renamed to THIEF count as a cheat? That was awesome

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dr Hot Wheels posted:

My all-time favorite cheat is when my uncle helped me unlock all the cars in Groove Rider: Slot Car Racing for all those insane sexual favours

:blastu:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

jesus christ

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

I liked that cheat in Paperboy for the N64 that mismatched all the sound effects, and also the one that replaced all the sound effects with various screams.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Cockashocka posted:

I liked that cheat in Paperboy for the N64 that mismatched all the sound effects, and also the one that replaced all the sound effects with various screams.

They sound like screams to you?

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I like the cheat for Ice Climbers that changes the enemy sprites into the baleful eyes of those you’ve wronged

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
ghosts and goblins and confession

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://youtu.be/VPRDQ9Yq8E0

Jet force Gemini 'ants into pants' mode which turns basic enemies into Mr. Pants

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Jet force Gemini 'ants into pants' mode which turns basic enemies into Mr. Pants

When even Rare is too ashamed to put their name on the box art you know you're in serious nonce territory

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

the damon hill and michael schumacher rename cheats for roller coaster tycoon were pretty cool since they’d blast around the track way faster than the rest of the guests

I’m gonna play openRCT this weekend now :D

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

the enemy's name had to be changed from the pants snake for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiraeth
May 14, 2021

you had to collect the heads of the enemies you defeated in order to get the cheats but i also remember if you somehow killed the creatures you had to save during the story mode in a way where they somehow got decapitated you could also collect their heads even though those ones didn't count towards your point total

what a sick and twizted game