Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for May, 2021?
This poll is closed.
:sweep: Kenny Omega (AEW World Champion) 21 22.11%
:gitgudhorn: Hikaru Shida (FORMER AEW Women's Champion) 30 31.58%
:unsmigghh: Dr. Britt Baker DMD (AEW Women's Champion) 19 20.00%
:thurman: Bianca Belair (Smackdown Women's Champion) 1 1.05%
Rika Tatsumi (FORMER Princess of Princess Champion) 0 0%
Miyu Yamashita (Princess of Princess Champion) 12 12.63%
:smugdog: Roman Reigns (WWE Universal Champion) 1 1.05%
:leavemtg: Will Ospreay (FORMER IWGP World Heavyweight Champion) 7 7.37%
:anime: Bobby Lashley (WWE Champion) 1 1.05%
:pkmnwhy: Rhea Ripley (Raw Women's Champion) 0 0%
:angel: Tsukasa Fujimoto (ICEx∞ Champion) 0 0%
Shun Skywalker (Open the Dream Gate Champion) 0 0%
:yaycat: (None of the Above) 3 3.16%
Total: 95 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Nobody else in that list got 1500 bigmacs. Voted Baker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Much respect to Shida but I'm going DMD

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

There is still time to vote, so if you haven't voted then vote. If you're not reading this thread, then... uhhh.... vote!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLDc6ktY3s4

Miyu Yamashita vs Rika Tatsumi is on YouTube now. Do the right thing.

Sinistar
May 8, 2004

I hunger.
Dr. Britt Baker, DMD

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

May was the month of AEW, with three of their champions taking close to 75% of all votes cast for the month. But one woman was not to be denied, which was ironic since May marked the end of a year+ title reign. AEW Women's Champion Hikaru Shida won the Champ of the Month poll for the second time, literally one year after she won the poll for the first time. In the year between she has had great match after great match, staged a tournament that ran across two different countries with some of the best women wrestlers in the world all taking aim at HER title. In the end though it was her biggest rival in AEW that took the belt from her, with Dr. Britt Baker DMD winning the belt at Double or Nothing in a Match of the Year Contender. Britt herself placed third only 2 votes behind the second placed champion Kenny Omega, whose two month winning streak came to an end. In May though nobody could deny it was Hikaru Shida who was the Champion of the Month (well, I mean, lot of people could, just not enough!), and the win came her way here even if she lost in front of the raucous crowd at Double or Nothing. In both cases, she walks away to the chant of,"Thank you, Shida!", and it is well deserved.

Previous winners, click the picture for poll results (where available) for that month.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
one day britt baker might be as good as the miz, but it is not today

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

miz holds the largest gap between poll victories

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The Miz win in February of this year should be stricken from the record due to mod interference.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Vagabundo posted:

The Miz win in February of this year should be stricken from the record due to mod interference.
He cashed his Moderator Interferes Through Buttons briefcase tho

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Wonder if anyone will beat Okada's six month streak (with Champ of the year midway through for good measure)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SG Bamboo posted:

Wonder if anyone will beat Okada's six month streak (with Champ of the year midway through for good measure)

I feel like the forum is drawing influences from a wider range of sources than it used to, so such streaks as there are may be shorter than before

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

To be fair, we still fairly regularly see streaks of 4 months or so, and Okada's 6 month streak came during what may have been one of the best in-ring years any wrestler has ever had. Ever. Anywhere. Forever.

It's kind of loving nuts to think about how long Okada has already being doing this while still being so young, and just how high quality his title reigns have been.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jerusalem posted:

To be fair, we still fairly regularly see streaks of 4 months or so, and Okada's 6 month streak came during what may have been one of the best in-ring years any wrestler has ever had. Ever. Anywhere. Forever.

It's kind of loving nuts to think about how long Okada has already being doing this while still being so young, and just how high quality his title reigns have been.

And how even considering this he still can't get the World Famous Money Clip over.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

There is still time to vote, so if you haven't voted then vote. If you're not reading this thread, then... uhhh.... vote!

graph posted:

ffs i'm not this blind

It seems my powers failed :smith:

A reminder that the June champ thread will go up right at the end of June/start of July depending on what promotions have shows right at the end of the month!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

edogawa rando posted:

Agreed. Kota was robbed. :(