Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Jumpsuit posted:

I didn't realise Dickson is even marginal. Last time I was there was just before the last election and I was horrified at the number of Dutton signs in people's front yards. A big chunk of the voting public is boomers on acreage who wouldn't dream of voting Labor.

Getup! made a concerted effort to unseat Dutts at the 2019 election and it was, like most of the other incorrect polling, looking very possible.

He actually ended up getting a swing towards him at the last election, probably due to the contrary nature of Queenslanders and the lecturing by "climate nutbags from down south".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Laserface posted:

bold part, lol, ok, lets make more barriers to prevent people getting into alternative modes of transport. great idea.

the rest of it, yes, that guy is an rear end in a top hat. it has nothing to do with his mode of transport. you can very easily slow down to a safe (read: walking) speed to pass pedestrians on the footpath. I do it all the time most bikes, electric or not, have brakes would you believe.

I understand where you're coming from about the pedal assist bikes being way more expensive and limiting than DIY jobs

I just reckon a bike with throttle control is more or less a motorbike and shouldn't be on a mup
Dunno how you enforce that kind of thing anyway except posting up a cop by the Yarra trail

Generated Wizards
Apr 16, 2016

Some of those rental e-scooters have appeared in my suburb in Perth and I hate them because the people who hire them just do not have any concept of safety. Personal scooters and e-bikes have been cropping up in steadily increasing numbers but they’re mostly fine since the person usually has some idea of what they’re doing and has a chunk of their own dollars invested in not crashing the loving things. I’m not sure if they even have a bell, never gets used if they do

Hopefully people get less poo poo at using them with time because it’s a good idea to have rental transports readily available but as they are now they’re annoying as gently caress

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

trashbadger posted:

Some of those rental e-scooters have appeared in my suburb in Perth and I hate them because the people who hire them just do not have any concept of safety. Personal scooters and e-bikes have been cropping up in steadily increasing numbers but they’re mostly fine since the person usually has some idea of what they’re doing and has a chunk of their own dollars invested in not crashing the loving things. I’m not sure if they even have a bell, never gets used if they do

Hopefully people get less poo poo at using them with time because it’s a good idea to have rental transports readily available but as they are now they’re annoying as gently caress

I know that city of Stirling has started running training courses for these, but yeah, that assumes that people want to learn the rules.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
What we really need is 4 lane bikepaths, with a slower left lane for pedestrians and a faster middle lane for the escooters.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Tomberforce posted:

If the odds are against Morrisson I think I'm going to chuck $50 on the libs so at least if I have to look at his smug grin post win again I can at least make some cash out of it.

If you want to put money on something; odds for greens to pick up a second seat are currently $4

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Laserface posted:

just get a Pro-Tec skate helmet. you can spend $10 more and you get a certified/sticker one. they are $80 and dont look anywhere near as try-hard/daggy as cycling helmets.

I have a poo poo looking mips helmet because I care more about avoiding brain damage than how I look going to work.

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Amoeba102 posted:

How the absolute gently caress did Libs stay ahead in the polls when the country was burning the gently caress down and Scummo was in Hawaii?

Look he deserved a break alright, it’s hard yakka running the country.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

JBP posted:

I have a poo poo looking mips helmet because I care more about avoiding brain damage than how I look going to work.

You can get not poo poo looking MIPS helmets though why would you want to look bad?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Amoeba102 posted:

How the absolute gently caress did Libs stay ahead in the polls when the country was burning the gently caress down and Scummo was in Hawaii?

it's almost as if polls are fake

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Laserface posted:

You can get not poo poo looking MIPS helmets though why would you want to look bad?

It looks like a helmet

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

he's bringing back the cargo jorts and wallet chain too

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

JBP posted:

It looks like a helmet

Please stop describing your penis

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Amoeba102 posted:

they didn't, the trend line in the graph freebooter posted just smoothed things out too much. look at early 2020 - labor are clearly ahead in the individual polls.

https://www.pollbludger.net/fed2022/bludgertrack2022/

there's a different polling aggregate here where you can see labor's lead in early 2020 much more clearly on the graph.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Please stop describing your penis

big purple helmet

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

hambeet posted:

he's bringing back the cargo jorts and wallet chain too

Functional

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Zenithe posted:

Functional

Please stop describing your penis.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/stilgherrian/status/1508991174451019778

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

He ditched Leigh to go camera chasing and attend Shane's funeral, were he was booed.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Anidav posted:

He ditched Leigh to go camera chasing and attend Shane's funeral, were he was booed.

He got booed at a funeral? Lol

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Eddie said welcome to the Prime Minister on the mic and everyone in the public rabble crowd booed.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

should have gone to Gary Gygax's funeral instead.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Anidav posted:

Eddie said welcome to the Prime Minister on the mic and everyone in the public rabble crowd booed.

:australia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3998199

New thread, thread dead.