Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

CODChimera posted:

what in the merry gently caress was going on with that movie? pretty much every single aspect made zero sense

The Tomorrow War a movie about what makes the perfect Amazon employee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

It reminded me of The Predator, is it self aware? impossible to say

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

I'm sure most people here are familiar with these films, but two movies where the main character is capitalism, personified (and pure evil, ofc) are There Will Be Blood and Nightcrawler.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Aglet56 posted:

hey, that was probably me! i still like girls a lot but i don't know that i'd ever rewatch it. i have a fairly high tolerance for watching terrible characters which might help. i do think it'll be a fascinating time capsule in 10 years or so

maybe in a "the nuclear holocaust erased these people too so every cloud has a silver lining, eh" way

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Xaris posted:

all marvel movies are neoliberal MIC soybanter propaganda trash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiCkzCJImDE

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
watch costa-gavras and the battle of algiers if you want radical politcs, watch marvel if you want to gawk at mid-2000 video game cutscene fights

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Skyl3lazer posted:

didnt see one on the first 5 pages but i'm also very dumb so ?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3898382
its tagged "poop culture" instead of "pop culture" because humor i guess

edit: not that i actually give a poo poo if we have two threads, we have roughly 9 trump threads at any moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

CODChimera posted:

what in the merry gently caress was going on with that movie? pretty much every single aspect made zero sense

I think they had heard you're supposed to hire writers and editors, and the writers were cheaper so they just kept hiring more writers but didn't ever cut any possible scene or plotline from the movie.

The director is the guy from LEGO Batman, so I think he knows how to do satire, which makes me think it's self aware, but boy howdy that's buried deep if it is.